It's OFFICIAL: jones is HISTORY!!!

Talkin' Trash? Do it here, or you're likely to get canned.

Moderators: Goroth, Rebel Security

14zrebs
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Dan Jones declines contract offer, Ole Miss moves to find new Chancellor

JACKSON (Mississippi News Now/Fox News) - The IHL has just issued a statement saying Dan Jones declined the offer of a contract extension, and they will move on without him.

Here's what the statement says:

Over the past several days, the Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning and Dr. Dan Jones made a good faith effort regarding Dr. Jones' continued service as Chancellor of the University of Mississippi. A proposal to extend the contract of Dr. Jones was discussed. Dr. Jones declined that proposal, so the Board of Trustees will move forward with the search for a new Chancellor.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I wish him the best, but good riddance to him!

How quickly we forget!

Dan said, "And when we win the national championship, remember I hired Hugh Freeze and Ross Bjork."

Newsflash! If Dan Jones had his way, Pete Boone would still be our AD and we wouldn't know who Ross Bojrk was.

Does anyone else remember? Dan was on Forward Rebels hit list back in 2011, and Boone was the consolation prize. Did anyone else actually see those full page articles? :roll:

I know you all saw them, but did everyone really forget there was evidence of Jones overlooking Boone's "mis-management" of the Athletic Department going back to 2009.