2017 Rebels

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Pretty dead around here as I check from time to time for new posts...just curious as to everyone's thoughts for this year? So much negativity around our school and yet another football season just a couple weeks away with little excitement. I don't remember a season that I wasn't excited for...maybe the orgeron years was the last. I know I'm still going to turn on the TV every week and plan on making at least 1 game. Still can't believe Luke is head coach after many wanted him fired last year, myself included. Kind of ironic that I'm hoping he can Keep the wheels from falling off. I think we can win 6-7 games with the talent we still have. Might be the last team we see with this much talent....
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm just ready for some finality with this investigation. Give us our penalties. If it is multi years, we need to clean house and start over. There is a lot of talent on this team, but the D still has holes. I think we will lose some games where we score 35+.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It's pretty dead around here but having been thru this before I'm just waiting on the excitement. It always comes. This team will be fun to watch. It is a great bunch of young men playing in a great stadium. The coaching search will be fun to watch. Yes Luke is very much a part of that and it will make it even more interesting. I think back to when Fulmer got the job at tenn. I didn't think it was the right decision but it was. A lineman that loved his school. Luke has that. I don't count him out at all. Let the coordinators do their job, keep a focus on recruiting and become the man not be the man.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

The big question I think is can the players stay focused. We have the talent to win a good many games, it's just a matter of how focused they can stay with all the mess swirling around.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 am It's pretty dead around here but having been thru this before I'm just waiting on the excitement. It always comes. This team will be fun to watch. It is a great bunch of young men playing in a great stadium. The coaching search will be fun to watch. Yes Luke is very much a part of that and it will make it even more interesting. I think back to when Fulmer got the job at tenn. I didn't think it was the right decision but it was. A lineman that loved his school. Luke has that. I don't count him out at all. Let the coordinators do their job, keep a focus on recruiting and become the man not be the man.

Don't count out Phil Longo.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebelbear wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am The big question I think is can the players stay focused. We have the talent to win a good many games, it's just a matter of how focused they can stay with all the mess swirling around.
I agree.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

bbqit wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 am It's pretty dead around here but having been thru this before I'm just waiting on the excitement. It always comes. This team will be fun to watch. It is a great bunch of young men playing in a great stadium. The coaching search will be fun to watch. Yes Luke is very much a part of that and it will make it even more interesting. I think back to when Fulmer got the job at tenn. I didn't think it was the right decision but it was. A lineman that loved his school. Luke has that. I don't count him out at all. Let the coordinators do their job, keep a focus on recruiting and become the man not be the man.

I was never a fan of Luke but he reminds me a lot of Orgeron to LSU. He's a Mississippi boy who truly is where he wants to be and finally has reached his dream job.He loves Ole Miss and loves the players. My question is can he coach? I've never been impressed with his offensive lines and like I mentioned earlier, I was hoping he would be replaced. It's just funny how things turn sometimes, I never thought we would be in this position 2-3 years ago...
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

rebelbear wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:49 am The big question I think is can the players stay focused. We have the talent to win a good many games, it's just a matter of how focused they can stay with all the mess swirling around.
It will be interesting to see how Luke and the administration handles the "punishment". Can he keep players from leaving . I for one am expecting the worst.
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

My wife, my bama fan, ran into Terrell Brown. She is 5'2" and had her picture taken with him. Looked like a bun length hot dog standing next a Vienna sausage. All she could talk about was how nice a young man he is. There always seems to be something awesome about our players and I believe that will hold true with these young men too. Looks like I will be in a neck brace for the season so I had my tv in the cave moved up a foot. I still can't wait to get the chills when they run out on the field. Don't pay any attention to the NCAA and the haters. What is important will be wearing Rebel. It always does my heart good seeing them smile when the game is over. Always proud to see a Rebel, be a Rebel and know the players' success begins now and never ends.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

bbqit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 am My wife, my bama fan, ran into Terrell Brown. She is 5'2" and had her picture taken with him. Looked like a bun length hot dog standing next a Vienna sausage. All she could talk about was how nice a young man he is. There always seems to be something awesome about our players and I believe that will hold true with these young men too. Looks like I will be in a neck brace for the season so I had my tv in the cave moved up a foot. I still can't wait to get the chills when they run out on the field. Don't pay any attention to the NCAA and the haters. What is important will be wearing Rebel. It always does my heart good seeing them smile when the game is over. Always proud to see a Rebel, be a Rebel and know the players' success begins now and never ends.
Well said sir!
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!