Shea Patterson out for the season with torn pcl

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Second straight year our starting qb is injured for the year. We are forever snakebit
bbolden
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I’m going to be honest. Ta’amu looked better than Shea in this offense. It just seemed like he made the better reads.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

He's not better than Patterson , remember the old adage that the best player on the team is the backup qb because he's never truly played . This is the exact same situation we were in last year when people made the crazy comment that shea may be better than chad Kelly was , and we now know that was a dumb comment and not true. There's a reason shea was starting. When defensive coordinators start game planning for jordan to be our starter they will shut him down and make him throw the ball. This season is done
bbolden
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I’m not saying that he is better than Shea. But I do have to admit that he made better reads than Shea. He threw the ball to the right receiver.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am not worried so much about how Jordan will play. What I want to know is who is his back up? In order to be successful with him in the offense, we are going to have to use his athletic ability, which means that the likelihood of him being injured increases. We will not win if we use him strictly as a pocket passer and for handing the ball off.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I would imagine his back up is the same one who backed up Kelly some last year
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I think we saw Shea’s last game as a rebel Saturday. And I for one don’t blame him.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:03 pm I think we saw Shea’s last game as a rebel Saturday. And I for one don’t blame him.
I agree on both.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It all depends on the sanctions. Bowl ban stays at one year, Shea stays. Another year bowl ban, then probably 50/50.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I would lower it to 30-70 if another year on bowl ban. Regardless, Vitter needs to go.