So, who's the best team not playing in the NC game.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Who's the best team not playing in the NC game

Poll ended at Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:03 pm

1. USC
35%
2. UGA
49%
3. WVU
2%
4. VA TECH
4%
5. MIZZOU
10%
6. KU
No votes

Total votes: 49
done

oxfordrebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote: The year that got me was the year before that when USC got the #1 in the AP final while LSU got #1 in the BCS and Coaches (having won the MNC title game). At that point I said that I personally would only recognize the AP #1 as the true national champ (even though most years there's no such thing as a true NC). Obviously the AP voters don't bow to the pressure of the BCS, though that might have changed by now...

Let's face it. ESPN is the real mastermind of BCS football. Whatever match-up THEY want in the MNC title game is the one they're going to get. They have the loudest voice with the voters. Pretty much, they've become a lobbying agency when it comes to the BCS, IMO.
I agree that ESPN tries to effect opinions, but I don't think that ESPN necessarily wanted an SEC team in the BCS Championship as they are the official network of the BIG 10 and the PAC10 through their fellow Disney company ABC.

Also, let's not forget that FOX is the network of the BCS so at least in that sense, ESPN is not as controlling as they as they could be if the game were on ABC or ESPN.
I may be wrong, but I think it was the "Kissing Les Miles' behind" connection that caused ESPN to push LSU. :lol:
That is true after Hirbstreet had to open mouth and insert Big 10 foot...
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:
oxfordrebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: I agree that ESPN tries to effect opinions, but I don't think that ESPN necessarily wanted an SEC team in the BCS Championship as they are the official network of the BIG 10 and the PAC10 through their fellow Disney company ABC.

Also, let's not forget that FOX is the network of the BCS so at least in that sense, ESPN is not as controlling as they as they could be if the game were on ABC or ESPN.
I may be wrong, but I think it was the "Kissing Les Miles' behind" connection that caused ESPN to push LSU. :lol:
That is true after Hirbstreet had to open mouth and insert Big 10 foot...
LOL Well, Herbstreet is the exception to all the ESPN rules. When it comes to him, no team is EVER as good as "The Ohio State". Even if they were 0-12 he'd try to put them in the MNC title game.

Course, I'd probably try to do the same with Ole Miss if it were me, so I can understand the biasness to a point.
GO REBELS!!!
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

As a technical point, bias is a noun, so there is no need to make if more of a noun by adding the "ness." Just plain bias, not biasness.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14