College football vent

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Since OK can't seem to buy a post season BCS win - is Stoops on the hot seat yet? and
When will the BCS learn not to allow the sooners to play on national TV during the 1st week of Jan? Talk about being out coached, unprepared and just plain embarrassing - 2 of their horses are retiring for Pete's sake! What does it take! Really. :?

WV lost their HC to MI. So what a great move by MI the darling of the sports bobble-heads. Yet WV was on the field and I didn't hear any reflection on why WV might be playing a little chippie - maybe they think they were betrayed? We can relate to that.

Does this relate to OM? Well, it seems to me that traditionally some teams get the benefit of the doubt, while others can't get a luke warm cuppa (6-6 Rebels stay home, while 6-6 Bama went bowling comes to mind).

Anyway I'm just really tired of seeing certain schools fawned over, i.e. OU, bama, FSU, MI, OH, etc., and I am really bored with the current cloned sports formats that all say exactly same trivia over & over, and NEVER stop talking during the game, ever! Sigh. I still love the game, but over the last few years my interest level has really dropped, and that makes me sad. College FB as created is a game that's full of passion, now it seems it full of too much B$.
ArkansasBaller

This makes me mad to and also how much praise USC gets ALL the time
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Stoops did appear to have an O moment with that onside kick. I know he has won a NC and has them there most of the time, but he does make some pretty boneheaded calls sometimes. I know coaching can ease talent pains, but you have to believe there is a lot of evidence in OK case that the coin has two sides.
Randy
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

ArkansasBaller wrote:This makes me mad to and also how much praise USC gets ALL the time
A program that has had six 11-win seasons in a row, two (1.5?) national championships, six BCS bowl appearances, 3 Heisman trophy winners, and 7 first round NFL selections in seven years probably has earned that praise.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

USCrebel wrote:
ArkansasBaller wrote:This makes me mad to and also how much praise USC gets ALL the time
A program that has had six 11-win seasons in a row, two (1.5?) national championships, six BCS bowl appearances, 3 Heisman trophy winners, and 7 first round NFL selections in seven years probably has earned that praise.

The reason for the hate is ESPN.

The National Championship is played in Atlanta in December every year, the rest is just exhibition games. Winning a SEC title means more to me than winning the "National Title" until a playoff is started. Just ask Auburn what they think, 13-0 and didn't even get a chance to play. USC just like OSU doesn't have to very much to get there.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

USCrebel wrote:
But why doesn't the PAC 10 just end all the bickering and schedule a champ game?
L. S. WHO?
done

oxpatchreb wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
But why doesn't the PAC 10 just end all the bickering and schedule a champ game?
You must have 12 teams to be allowed to play a Championship Game.