Who knows the scoop on Louis Campbell coming then going???

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I said when he joined our staff or was reported to be joining our staff that I thought it was a mistake. I thought it was more important to get guys in here that can both coach and recruit. I also thought it was odd that he was shuffled around so much from active coaching to administrative duty. It was reported he was joining Nutt's staff but now it is reported that he is going to MSU which is equally bizarre. What is the scoop?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Last I read he is leaving Fayettenam and going to Starkghanistan. If it's true that he refuses to recruit then I personally don't think we lost a whole lot in this deal.
GO REBELS!!!
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

From what I understand about Campbell, it isn't that he refuses to recruit, but that he (and Nutt) understand that he does not connect with young athletes and their families. He was apparently a good coach who was willing to put up with administrative duties. Pretty good to have around actually, but not a huge loss on the field.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I also believe Croom and Campbell were buddies while coaching under Bear during their Bama days, he was also pretty tight with Felker. From what I heard Croom offered him the LBs and he took it, he was probably going to be helping out the DBs here.
Randy
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rewalters wrote:I also believe Croom and Campbell were buddies while coaching under Bear during their Bama days, he was also pretty tight with Felker. From what I heard Croom offered him the LBs and he took it, he was probably going to be helping out the DBs here.
I think we upgraded with Tyrone Nix's brother instead of him personally.