Michael Oher

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I read an article today that was talking about when Oher would make his decision. They said it would be near the deadline on Jan 17. Oher's legal guardian, Sean Tuohy, said that his wife wanted Michael to stay in school for his senior year. And that is good for OM fans.

Here's the link
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... 60340/1109
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Here is another story on Oher, seems like he has a pretty tough decision ahead.

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp ... div=Sports

Coach Nutt said this yesterday;

"I have been talking to Michael and recruiting him hard. I have also been recruiting Ashlee Palmer hard. What I am telling them, if you are not in the first round or top of the second round, you should come back and I am discussing that with their families. If you are first round, go. I told Darren McFadden and others that. First round? You gotta go. Hard to turn down that kind of money. Chance of a lifetime. If not, come back and develop more."
Randy
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

rewalters wrote:Here is another story on Oher, seems like he has a pretty tough decision ahead.

"I have been talking to Michael and recruiting him hard. I have also been recruiting Ashlee Palmer hard. What I am telling them, if you are not in the first round or top of the second round, you should come back and I am discussing that with their families. If you are first round, go. I told Darren McFadden and others that. First round? You gotta go. Hard to turn down that kind of money. Chance of a lifetime. If not, come back and develop more."
As much as I don't want Oher to leave, I agree with HDN. Remember Leinart in 2004? He was a FOR SURE #1 overall pick (if you've forgotten, the 49ers too Alex Smith with the 1st pick) but he waited a year and dropped to 10th overall in the next draft. Not the biggest drop, but it definitely cost him a few million bucks.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

rrlynch wrote:
rewalters wrote:Here is another story on Oher, seems like he has a pretty tough decision ahead.

As much as I don't want Oher to leave, I agree with HDN. Remember Leinart in 2004? He was a FOR SURE #1 overall pick (if you've forgotten, the 49ers too Alex Smith with the 1st pick) but he waited a year and dropped to 10th overall in the next draft. Not the biggest drop, but it definitely cost him a few million bucks.
I understand in a situation like that. If you are a top 5 or even top 10 you really have to consider it. However I remember a guy from Mount Olive that decided to forgo the draft and return for his senior year at Alcorn. He was thought to be a late first round, early second round pick. I talked to him the summer before his senior year and he was confident it was the right decision. He was picked 3rd overall the following April by the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans. It worked out pretty well for Steve McNair. You just never know.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Oher is a different prospect than most. He is raw, but athletic and has huge upside. he is already a very good college player, but I really do think he would benefit a lot from another year. But his potential and skill set is so great that he would be a first round pick. but i think he would benefit from another year. He will decide that though.
cajunrebel

Rivals is reporting tonight that Oher has elected to go to the NFL draft. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he enjoyed his years at Ole Miss. He will be a true success story much like Patrick Willis. Good luck and I hope you get drafted by the Saints. :D
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

i just heard that he was going to the draft as well

i live in the same apartment complex as oher and a friend of mine actually lives right across from him and we hadn't seen his truck here yet so we figured he wasn't coming back
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

cajunrebel wrote:Rivals is reporting tonight that Oher has elected to go to the NFL draft. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he enjoyed his years at Ole Miss. He will be a true success story much like Patrick Willis. Good luck and I hope you get drafted by the Saints. :D
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHMEN!!!!!!!!!!! Go get him Coach Peyton!!!!!
L. S. WHO?
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well I'll be a son of a gun, appears that Michael may have had a change of heart.

Looks like he is coming back. Nothing official yet but stay tuned!!!!!!!
Randy
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rewalters wrote:Well I'll be a son of a gun, appears that Michael may have had a change of heart.

Looks like he is coming back. Nothing official yet but stay tuned!!!!!!!
Boy, that would be a gift!!!! :shock:
L. S. WHO?