New Offensive Coordinator Scoop

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Any scoop out there as to who Nutt will tab as the new OC? And what is the scoop with David Lee leaving?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:Any scoop out there as to who Nutt will tab as the new OC? And what is the scoop with David Lee leaving?
I don't think it's a scoop. He chose an NFL job under Big Tuna over a college job. Can't blame him.
Some Random Dude
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

from what i heard, he went to be dolphins OC.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

mmoore313 wrote:from what i heard, he went to be dolphins OC.
Wow, I had thought that when folks said he was going to Miami they meant the canes but if it is the Dolphins that makes more sense.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

ugh one can only wonder who nutt will bring in. its kind of ok because it breaks up what the old guard of upig fans call the murray state mafia. if theyre right about anything, this might be ok for us because it lessens the potential for drama.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

mpzreb17 wrote:ugh one can only wonder who nutt will bring in. its kind of ok because it breaks up what the old guard of upig fans call the murray state mafia. if theyre right about anything, this might be ok for us because it lessens the potential for drama.
I was not aware that Dave was apart of that group. I knew he had been the QB coach at Dallas.
done

It would obviously be a good move for Lee and we will be fine.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:It would obviously be a good move for Lee and we will be fine.
Truth be told, with Nutt at the helm you always have a OC on staff anyway.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeloke wrote:Any scoop out there as to who Nutt will tab as the new OC? And what is the scoop with David Lee leaving?
I am hearing Iowa's OC and Uconn's OC and Boise St.s OC's name is being kicked around for consideration... this is just strong rumor...nothing concrete yet. FWIW.
Later,
Hagar
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Hagar wrote:
I am hearing Iowa's OC and Uconn's OC and Boise St.s OC's name is being kicked around for consideration... this is just strong rumor...nothing concrete yet. FWIW.
Might as well as Jeff Bower to the rumor list, but I think that is someone's pipe dream.

Bottom line is we need a QB coach as much or more than we need an OC.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
done

USCrebel wrote:
Hagar wrote:
Might as well as Jeff Bower to the rumor list, but I think that is someone's pipe dream.

Bottom line is we need a QB coach as much or more than we need an OC.
Hmmmmm...... I wonder if it would be a conflict for the Skinny RedHead from Drew to double as Chairman of the National Football Foundation and QB Coach for his beloved Alma Mater??? 8)

Forgive me, ObiWan was talking abour pipe dreams, so I just threw one in there for good measure 8)
rebel man

mmoore313 wrote:from what i heard, he went to be dolphins OC.

QB coach....

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/370080.html
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

i read somewhere he was at murray state, after double checking looks like im wrong though.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Hagar wrote:
Seriously? BSU plays a spread option, I THINK UCONN plays a pro style with heavy run maybe? Don't know what Iowa runs these days. When they had that QB who was pretty good a year or two ago I though he threw a good bit. Not sure anymore.

In the long run I still think Nutt will be the OC in practice, even if it's not in title.
GO REBELS!!!
LovetheNutt
Banned

Nutt doesn't need an offensive coordinator. He was calling all the plays the past 2 years. His brother designed the "Wildhog" formation back in '98 but he just didn't have the personel to run that set.