Coach Nutt article from Sunday CL

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

A pretty good article on Coach Nutt. A little long but a pretty good read.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... 60366/1109
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

the last reader comment stood out to me more than the article, he has a good point.
You know, Ole Miss does have a couple of good running backs in Reggie Hicks and Cordera Eason. And what was Nutt thinking about when he wanted to leave a fractured fan base at Arkanasas for Ole Miss? Ole Miss has its pie-in-the-sky fans, you know the ones who say were going to the Sugar Bowl every year before a game is played. And Ole Miss has the fans that are much more grounded in reality. And Ole Miss has the fans that love Dixie and Colonel Reb, and fans that would like to see those antiquated symbols fall by the wayside. Nutt has walked right into another fractured fan base, and one that has been fractured since 1973.
done

mpzreb17 wrote:the last reader comment stood out to me more than the article, he has a good point.
You know, Ole Miss does have a couple of good running backs in Reggie Hicks and Cordera Eason. And what was Nutt thinking about when he wanted to leave a fractured fan base at Arkanasas for Ole Miss? Ole Miss has its pie-in-the-sky fans, you know the ones who say were going to the Sugar Bowl every year before a game is played. And Ole Miss has the fans that are much more grounded in reality. And Ole Miss has the fans that love Dixie and Colonel Reb, and fans that would like to see those antiquated symbols fall by the wayside. Nutt has walked right into another fractured fan base, and one that has been fractured since 1973.
All schools have fans that believe one thing and fans that believe another. Ole Miss fans just want to win. The fracture at Arky was far beyond the normal differing opinions. It was hateful and ugly. Our divisions have not been like that, but I will admit they were getting there as it regarded Coach O.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:
mpzreb17 wrote:the last reader comment stood out to me more than the article, he has a good point.
All schools have fans that believe one thing and fans that believe another. Ole Miss fans just want to win. The fracture at Arky was far beyond the normal differing opinions. It was hateful and ugly. Our divisions have not been like that, but I will admit they were getting there as it regarded Coach O.
We get a bad rap for firing Cut for going 4-7 after the 10 win season, however, there is a big difference between winning 10 games the previous year and then backing it up with 8 wins and one over the no. 1 team in the nation and they still wanted to fire the guy. We did not want to fire Cut but some of his staff, he refused, so he got the boot. Had we just played for a conference championship and then went 8 or 9 wins there would be nothing but dancing in the streets at Ole Miss. Arkansas just ran off the best coach they could have hoped to have over a group of insane boosters and some immature snot noised little punks.
DickWhitecollar
Water Boy
Water Boy

Petrino >>>>>> Nutt
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

DickWhitecollar wrote:Petrino >>>>>> Nutt
Petrino is 75 lbs. of crap fit into a 50 lbs. bag.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Finally something I can agree with, Petrino is a much greater jerk than Nutt.
Randy
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

This guy is an idiot (not mpz, the guy he qted). Our fanbase has differing opinions on symbolism, W/L expectations before the season, and even who should wear what to the grove. But we've been fluctuating between bad and decent (with the occasional 2003ish season in there) since the 70's and the one thing that EVERY OM fan wants, are WINS!!!!! If this guy thinks we're going to spend our time arguing about Col Reb, T.S.W.R.A, 10-2 vs. 6-6, or what color jacket that Delta Gamma should be wearing with her shoes instead of supporting a team that is winning, he's lost his *beeping* mind!!!!

This guy is a pessimist, pure and simple. HDN didn't work out for them so he wants HDN to fail EVERYWHERE so that Pignation looks smart.

Inside VH stadium, between kickoff and 0:00, there are only two kinds of people. Those that want OM to win, and those that don't. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!!!!! This guy is the same sad, pathetic little hog as all the others who've visited this site to trash HDN. Bottom line is we like HDN. We have high hopes that he'll be a good fit. And I'd venture to say that almost all of us are willing to trade a little drama for some wins and perhaps an SEC title or two. Is he the permanent solution for our program? Only time will tell. And if things get bad between now and then, we'll have to re-evaluate. It's called change, I suggest he get used to it!!!
L. S. WHO?
wbrebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

oxpatchreb wrote:
This guy is an idiot (not mpz, the guy he qted). Our fanbase has differing opinions on symbolism, W/L expectations before the season, and even who should wear what to the grove. But we've been fluctuating between bad and decent (with the occasional 2003ish season in there) since the 70's and the one thing that EVERY OM fan wants, are WINS!!!!! If this guy thinks we're going to spend our time arguing about Col Reb, T.S.W.R.A, 10-2 vs. 6-6, or what color jacket that Delta Gamma should be wearing with her shoes instead of supporting a team that is winning, he's lost his *beeping* mind!!!!

This guy is a pessimist, pure and simple. HDN didn't work out for them so he wants HDN to fail EVERYWHERE so that Pignation looks smart.

Inside VH stadium, between kickoff and 0:00, there are only two kinds of people. Those that want OM to win, and those that don't. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!!!!! This guy is the same sad, pathetic little hog as all the others who've visited this site to trash HDN. Bottom line is we like HDN. We have high hopes that he'll be a good fit. And I'd venture to say that almost all of us are willing to trade a little drama for some wins and perhaps an SEC title or two. Is he the permanent solution for our program? Only time will tell. And if things get bad between now and then, we'll have to re-evaluate. It's called change, I suggest he get used to it!!!

Amen, Oxpatch
done

That may turn out to be true, but at this point in time it is pure speculation.

The facts are this....Petrino has proven he can win in inferior conferences and quit jobs at a record pace....Nutt has proven he can win in the greatest conference in the history of conferences and remain loyal to a program until zealots leave him no choice but to leave.

I am glad you like your new coach....I really really like ours as well.

May the best man and the best program come out on top. Good luck.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

thanks for setting me straight..as a current student though it did stand out because i do see things like the save col reb foundation and then the editorials in the moscow communist times- err, DM, about keeping the mascot gone.

then theres the flag issue. i personally want it back, a lot of people dont.

i see the guy arguing our fan based is fractured, but i failed to realize it is not regarding the fact we needed this change in coaching and we'll all be united under nutt (that sounds bad i know) for atleast 3 years.
nuttsucks
Water Boy
Water Boy

WPS!!!!

the nuttsac will show you his true colors soon enough. How is your recruiting going especially with Houston in Jonesboro watching his brother coach basketball?
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

nuttsucks wrote:WPS!!!!

the nuttsac will show you his true colors soon enough. How is your recruiting going especially with Houston in Jonesboro watching his brother coach basketball?
Say Goodbye... read the warning I have given...idiot!
Later,
Hagar
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Good form, Hagar, good form. :thumb:
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
PiggySmalls
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebeloke wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
We get a bad rap for firing Cut for going 4-7 after the 10 win season, however, there is a big difference between winning 10 games the previous year and then backing it up with 8 wins and one over the no. 1 team in the nation and they still wanted to fire the guy. We did not want to fire Cut but some of his staff, he refused, so he got the boot. Had we just played for a conference championship and then went 8 or 9 wins there would be nothing but dancing in the streets at Ole Miss. Arkansas just ran off the best coach they could have hoped to have over a group of insane boosters and some immature snot noised little punks.
After 10 years of being told we would get a pro style offense and that we would not lose the top recruits from Arkansas and that we would have winning seasons we got tired of the lies and bullcrap.