What about Freeze coming on staff now that there is room?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs wrote:
rebeloke wrote: Wasn't nut a qb? I do not know if he could be a qb coach but it is a thought.
----------------------

Yeah he played qb (#14) under lou holtz at arkansas" i think" in the late 70's-early 80's(rarely played) before the transferred to oklahoma state.Putting nutt in as a qb coach is rather premature since he only uses qb's for handing off the football as it is 70% of the time( no qb passing development). Watched nutt use that same formation for over 15 years now, at murray state and arkansas.

Since you are relatively new to our neighborhood, I won't make you go search for the info that totally disproves your assertion that Nutt only uses QB's to hand the ball off...the most prolific passing QB's in Arky history played for Nutt...I will cut and paste the stats from the trash talk sections where I shot down your Arky brethren who previously made the same baseless assertion. If you want I can also give you the stats that show that Arky had the third highest scoring offense in the SEC over the last 5 years under Coach Nutt:

Career Passing Leaders in the HISTORY of Arkansas Football:

Attempts:
#1 Clint Stoerner 1,023 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#3 Matt Jones 755 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

Completions:
#1 Clint Stoerner 528 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#3 Matt Jones 417 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

Yardage:
#1 Clint Stoerner 7,422 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#2 Matt Jones 5,857 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

TD Passes:
#1 Clint Stoerner 57 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#2 Matt Jones 53 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

Other:

6 of the top 10 passing yards for an individual game were under HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT

4 of the top 6 Receivers (number of catches) in Arkansas history were coached by HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT

3 of the top 4 Receivers (total yards) in Arkansas history were coached by HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT

and

ALL 4 of the all time leaders in touchdown receptions in Arkansas history were coached by HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT
Chuck, I was joking. The arkansas guys was saying that Nutt did not throw much when he was a QB. So my point was that he had mastered the art of handing the ball off. It had nothing to do with his propensity to throw the ball as a HC.
done

rebeloke wrote:Chuck, I was joking. The arkansas guys was saying that Nutt did not throw much when he was a QB. So my point was that he had mastered the art of handing the ball off. It had nothing to do with his propensity to throw the ball as a HC.
I know you were joking. I was responding to the earlier post of the Georgia Dawg guy...
Last edited by done on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebeloke wrote:Chuck, I was joking. The arkansas guys was saying that Nutt did not throw much when he was a QB. So my point was that he had mastered the art of handing the ball off. It had nothing to do with his propensity to throw the ball as a HC.
I know you were joking. I was responding to the earlier post of the Georgia Dawg guy...
That guy is kinda interesting. What gives with a UGA guy knowing so much about Nutt?