What about Freeze coming on staff now that there is room?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

It has been posted on Rivals (not a rumor but a story) that Nutt has contacted Freeze about interviewing for the OC position. I didn't realize that he had just built a house also. He was quoted as saying that he loves Ole Miss and that Oxford is home for him. He interviewed until past midnight last night after catching the 1st flight available back home from the coaches convention in California. Hmmm. . . .

I likey. . . :D
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

I read the same thing and I seriously hope that he comes back on. Not only for the recruting side of it but I think that he would be a good OC. I hope we get good news soon.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

cajunrebel wrote:It has been posted on Rivals (not a rumor but a story) that Nutt has contacted Freeze about interviewing for the OC position. I didn't realize that he had just built a house also. He was quoted as saying that he loves Ole Miss and that Oxford is home for him. He interviewed until past midnight last night after catching the 1st flight available back home from the coaches convention in California. Hmmm. . . .

I likey. . . :D
The family aspect of the coaches life really tugs at me but on a more objective level, I think that we need the best man for job. If that is Freeze then I am all for it. I would have liked to keep him on in the first place but since we did what we did that makes it somewhat different. Now that he is out, I think we should replace Lee with whoever is best for Ole Miss.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

USCrebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote: or Luke for that matter... that boy was as tough as boot leather.
The Luke Family is dead to me.
Please do not hold against Tommy what Matt did with leaving for TN with Cut. I do not think Matt has at all the importance to Ole Miss that Tommy does. Tommy Luke has true grit.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

In a way, for a change, i'm glad to be corrected in this case. We really need someone who knows the state to be OC because he's basically just going to be Nutts recruiting guy.
done

rebeloke wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote: or Luke for that matter... that boy was as tough as boot leather.
Please do not hold against Tommy what Matt did with leaving for TN with Cut. I do not think Matt has at all the importance to Ole Miss that Tommy does. Tommy Luke has true grit.
I don't think Coach O wanted Matt, or anyone from a previous staff, here.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

rebeloke wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
It was a joke. Tommy Luke is one of my all time favorite Rebels.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs

rebeloke wrote:
olemsdave76 wrote:my question about the possibility of Freeze is his experience/ability as a QB coach, since that is the only position coach spot not filled currently. That has to be taken into account.
Wasn't nut a qb? I do not know if he could be a qb coach but it is a thought.
----------------------

Yeah he played qb (#14) under lou holtz at arkansas" i think" in the late 70's-early 80's(rarely played) before the transferred to oklahoma state.Putting nutt in as a qb coach is rather premature since he only uses qb's for handing off the football as it is 70% of the time( no qb passing development). Watched nutt use that same formation for over 15 years now, at murray state and arkansas.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

USCrebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
USCrebel wrote: The Luke Family is dead to me.
It was a joke. Tommy Luke is one of my all time favorite Rebels.
Thank goodness. Some folks really got their panis chaffed over Luke going negative and recruiting against Ole Miss. That Stephens kid who switched his commitment did not help matters much the year Cut left. Matt is a suit but Tommy is all-American in my book.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
olemsdave76 wrote:my question about the possibility of Freeze is his experience/ability as a QB coach, since that is the only position coach spot not filled currently. That has to be taken into account.
----------------------

Yeah he played qb (#14) under lou holtz at arkansas" i think" in the late 70's-early 80's(rarely played) before the transferred to oklahoma state.Putting nutt in as a qb coach is rather premature since he only uses qb's for handing off the football as it is 70% of the time( no qb passing development). Watched nutt use that same formation for over 15 years now, at murray state and arkansas.
But you have to get the right technique down and learn how to look good doing the handoff.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

rebeloke wrote:
rebeloke wrote: Wasn't nut a qb? I do not know if he could be a qb coach but it is a thought.
----------------------

But you have to get the right technique down and learn how to look good doing the handoff.
Yup, look at all those those OK QBs under Switzer. I can't remember their names, but they sure did hand the ball off well :)
No insult intended
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

JoeRebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs wrote: ----------------------

Yup, look at all those those OK QBs under Switzer. I can't remember their names, but they sure did hand the ball off well :)
No insult intended
I mean handing the ball off is no cake walk. There is the two handed, one handed, toss, and let's not forget that there are a number of slots that the back can run through on either side of the ball. Some coaches have their qbs turn from the opposite direction and spin to hand the ball off going the other way. You can get hurt if you do not know what you are doing, much less the shame of not knowing your right from your left.
done

rebeloke wrote:
----------------------

Since you are relatively new to our neighborhood, I won't make you go search for the info that totally disproves your assertion that Nutt only uses QB's to hand the ball off...the most prolific passing QB's in Arky history played for Nutt...I will cut and paste the stats from the trash talk sections where I shot down your Arky brethren who previously made the same baseless assertion. If you want I can also give you the stats that show that Arky had the third highest scoring offense in the SEC over the last 5 years under Coach Nutt:

Career Passing Leaders in the HISTORY of Arkansas Football:

Attempts:
#1 Clint Stoerner 1,023 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#3 Matt Jones 755 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

Completions:
#1 Clint Stoerner 528 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#3 Matt Jones 417 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

Yardage:
#1 Clint Stoerner 7,422 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#2 Matt Jones 5,857 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

TD Passes:
#1 Clint Stoerner 57 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)
#2 Matt Jones 53 (Head Coach HOUSTON NUTT)

Other:

6 of the top 10 passing yards for an individual game were under HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT

4 of the top 6 Receivers (number of catches) in Arkansas history were coached by HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT

3 of the top 4 Receivers (total yards) in Arkansas history were coached by HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT

and

ALL 4 of the all time leaders in touchdown receptions in Arkansas history were coached by HEAD COACH HOUSTON NUTT
screamingchief
Water Boy
Water Boy

JoeRebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs wrote: ----------------------

No insult intended
Do you count Aikmans short stint there, he had quite a career in the NFL only being a hand offer.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

screamingchief wrote:
JoeRebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote: But you have to get the right technique down and learn how to look good doing the handoff.
No insult intended
Do you count Aikmans short stint there, he had quite a career in the NFL only being a hand offer.
He dont count. He couldn't get the handoff quite right so he had to go to UCLA and throw :)
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan