Who steps up for Oher now he is gone?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I think that maurice Miller will move to LT. But we have all guards it seems like except for Rishaw Johnson, who hasnt really played. I guess we could move John Jerry to RT if we do move Miller to LT. This is a big hole to fill on the O-line. Anyone know anyone else who will possibly play OT except for Rishaw Johnson and maybe John Jerry?
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Bradley Sowell is the perfect size at 6'6 320 or so, and was considered Mike's backup last season; luckily O never burned his RS. He should get a lot of reps and a chance this spring.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Thanks. I didnt realize who his backup was. I just looked at the roster and didnt remember any of the Ot's except for Oher and Maurice Miller. I only knew Rishaw Johnson bc he was a pretty big recruit.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

This is just my opinion, but as the rest are comfortable in their current positions, I believe that Rishaw and Sowell should be given first crack at the job; if they are unable to win it, then start to shuffle around a bit.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
Townes
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I think it's Maurice Miller's job to lose. He is a proven tackle. Also, Darryl Harris is back (I think). He has started at every position on the line. If he is back, that could be the two bookends. I know everyone is excited about Sowell's work ethic, but we need to remember that he is only a redshirt freshman now. Most left tackles don't see time until their third season in a program.
Houston Nutt has done nothing but good things for Ole Miss. Until he does something bad, all your arguments against him are lost on us.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Harris was a Sr. last year. Mo Miller or Jerry will probably take over the position. Sowell may get a look, but that position has to go to someone with experience, I would think.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Doesnt matter guys. Jerry will stay at LG, Mo Miller at RT, and we are set with Oher. People talk very highly about this Markuson guy, who they say will teach Oher and make him strides better. This will be good for us.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I got $10 says he stays. Note date of post.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:I got $10 says he stays. Note date of post.
HAHAHAHA
GO REBELS!!!