Moderator: Rebel Security

03rebs

Kent Austin as OC.

Link
Forward Rebels!
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I have to say that I'm excited about that hire. After reading about what he's done in the CFL, I'm looking forward to running a wide open offense for once.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BeeDee wrote:I have to say that I'm excited about that hire. After reading about what he's done in the CFL, I'm looking forward to running a wide open offense for once.
eeewwwwww!...Spread offenses make me want to cringe. I hope with our stable full of RB's we don't go full out spread. I'll have to find me a soccer rulebook.
Later,
Hagar
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I didn't say spread. I said open. I want to have a good mix with some long passes and some play action with even some option thrown in. Keep 'em guessing.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

BeeDee wrote:I didn't say spread. I said open. I want to have a good mix with some long passes and some play action with even some option thrown in. Keep 'em guessing.
I can live with that...anything is better than watching a soccer game.
Later,
Hagar
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Hagar wrote:
BeeDee wrote:I have to say that I'm excited about that hire. After reading about what he's done in the CFL, I'm looking forward to running a wide open offense for once.
eeewwwwww!...Spread offenses make me want to cringe. I hope with our stable full of RB's we don't go full out spread. I'll have to find me a soccer rulebook.
What "O" left us was a stable of WR's and a QB, I love the running game but the Austin hire leads me to belive we have obtained the vertical passing game I was hoping for.

Good for Nutt, his running knowledge of the SEC I trust.

All in all, this looks good to me.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Listen up! We will pass the ball...just to prove to those Arkansas fans that we will pass the ball! First downs and TD's is just a bonus.
screamingchief
Water Boy
Water Boy

I can't see Coach Nutt giving up his pro-style scheme he knows inside and out for the current spread fad. Just like the wishbone, the spread will be figured out by defenses and it will be just another scheme that had success for a limited amount of years.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

screamingchief wrote:I can't see Coach Nutt giving up his pro-style scheme he knows inside and out for the current spread fad. Just like the wishbone, the spread will be figured out by defenses and it will be just another scheme that had success for a limited amount of years.
agreed, but that doesn't rule out a passing scheme.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

HappyNuttlessHogFan wrote:
03rebs wrote:Kent Austin as OC.

Link
HAHA good luck with Nutt and that open offense. LMAO.
If someone would make me a moderator, I'd ban everyone of these trolls. The truely sad part, is that this idiot took the time to register just to say that.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

JoeRebel wrote:
HappyNuttlessHogFan wrote:
03rebs wrote:Kent Austin as OC.

Link
HAHA good luck with Nutt and that open offense. LMAO.
If someone would make me a moderator, I'd ban everyone of these trolls. The truely sad part, is that this idiot took the time to register just to say that.
Don't get too worked up about it. Afterall, his handle means "Content to have a va-jay-jay to be molested by pigs" in arky speak. He/She's got MUCH deeper issues than just being a hater!!!!
L. S. WHO?
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Yeah Baby ! Me too !
done

One of the former Head Coaches of the Toronto Argonauts lived across the street from my Father-in-law in Canada. He was at the funeral, and he and I talked for about 30 minutes. Mostly about Kent and Eric Tillman.

The coach said tell all your buddies they got a helluva OC now. He also said to expect a lot of down field passing and a few formation curve balls as well. He said that he knows we don't think much of canadian football, and he says we are justified, but he did say that Austin will do some things that might not confuse NFL defenses, but will make college defenses think a bit.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:One of the former Head Coaches of the Toronto Argonauts lived across the street from my Father-in-law in Canada. He was at the funeral, and he and I talked for about 30 minutes. Mostly about Kent and Eric Tillman.

The coach said tell all your buddies they got a helluva OC now. He also said to expect a lot of down field passing and a few formation curve balls as well. He said that he knows we don't think much of canadian football, and he says we are justified, but he did say that Austin will do some things that might not confuse NFL defenses, but will make college defenses think a bit.
All of that sounds great to me. I'm hoping to see some new little wrinkles in our offense. Nutt may be in charge of the O, but if Kent can install some tweaks I'll be happy and I believe that Nutt will allow it. I still believe Gus had no patience and wanted to install all of his offense 'right here and right now' and that didn't jive too well with Nutt. I'm pretty excited.

Now, if we can just get Tillman to jump on board.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

BeeDee wrote:I didn't say spread. I said open. I want to have a good mix with some long passes and some play action with even some option thrown in. Keep 'em guessing.
That would be a welcome change!!