Rumor about Oher

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Lots of talk on the Spirit saying that he may return for his Senior year. Anyone with any info about this???
POPSREB
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Just heard he probably will be back his senior year.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Is it possible the Austin hire has changed his mind a little perhaps? I don't really see how given that his position coach has already been know for a while, but perhaps?
GO REBELS!!!
guidree
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I may be wrong, but the ESPN mock draft did not project Oher to go in the first round. Maybe not being garaunteed being chosen in the 1st round would cause him to stay. Plus, why not go out with a winning season after three years of losing seasons.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

It's official. Oher is staying.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=338197[/youtube]
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

This is good news. I was really bummed that he was leaving early. We need him next year!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

This news is beyond outstanding. With a new QB and a new backfield, Oher staying is HUGE news!!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

It said on the OM sports that Patrick Willis influenced his decision. Wow, I love P Willie just a little bit more. Also read about Snead, who also met with the media.
On his decision to return to school:

"From Monday to Wednesday, I was out of here. Patrick Willis gave me a call, and I talked to him a little bit. I just started thinking, and I felt it was the right thing to do; to come back and give it another shot."

On his conversation with Patrick Willis:

"He just told me that I would be alright. He said if I was to come out, I would be one of the best out there. But if I was to come back, that I would have a chance to go a lot higher. He felt I could possibly be a top five or 10 selection next year. He was a good guy to talk to. I think he would have been a high draft choice his junior year, but he was hurt that year. He was a good voice to hear. Everyday I was to the NFL, until one day.
http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... ID=1370389
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

Your right P Wille is the man in so many ways. I love the fact that he spoke to him and got him to stay for his last year. This is huge and I think it's best for him to stay.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I liked this quote by Jevan:
On Michael Oher returning to school:

"Not having to worry about not getting killed is the best thing. It gives you a lot of confidence back there knowing you have time to throw."
And everyone Oher talked to is right. Go to the NFL now, or next season, either way he'll be just fine. The NFL will still be there waiting on him in a year.
GO REBELS!!!