Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Some Random Dude
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:This guy really won't let it go...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/ ... ortCat=ncf
Some body needs to flame up the hogs boards with this, little "here we go again" for them in payback. :twisted:
L. S. WHO?
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Found it mildly amusing, but still, it's time to let it go. We don't appreciate being second-guessed about hiring Nutt. Obviously they're hating being second-guessed about hiring Petrino.
GO REBELS!!!
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

oxfordrebel wrote:Found it mildly amusing, but still, it's time to let it go. We don't appreciate being second-guessed about hiring Nutt. Obviously they're hating being second-guessed about hiring Petrino.
Exactly...
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

oxpatchreb wrote:

Some body needs to flame up the hogs boards with this, little "here we go again" for them in payback. :twisted:
I am from AR and fans are well aware of this particular article and ESPN's campain to destroy Petrino's credabiltiy. Does anyone not find it odd that Rich Rodriguiz has nothing but great things said about him even though he left his teenagers who don't get paid millions before one of their biggest games ever? Then a NFL coach who leaves millionaires with 3 meaningless games left that if they lost would actually help them, gets absolutley black bald. They don't mention that the coach wanted to coach college or SEC so bad that he walked away from 10 million dollars and alnost half the yearly salary.

Like Petrino or not, it wasn't ever about Petrino but more about ESPN's biggest sponsor Authur Blank's HomeDepot. It also wasn't about morale either because what Rod did and is doing to WV is way worse in my opinion. I guess I didn't ever really expect ESPN to attack or report any wrong doing of the Mich new head coach.

Just my 2 cents!
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:

I am from AR and fans are well aware of this particular article and ESPN's campain to destroy Petrino's credabiltiy. Does anyone not find it odd that Rich Rodriguiz has nothing but great things said about him even though he left his teenagers who don't get paid millions before one of their biggest games ever? Then a NFL coach who leaves millionaires with 3 meaningless games left that if they lost would actually help them, gets absolutley black bald. They don't mention that the coach wanted to coach college or SEC so bad that he walked away from 10 million dollars and alnost half the yearly salary.

Like Petrino or not, it wasn't ever about Petrino but more about ESPN's biggest sponsor Authur Blank's HomeDepot. It also wasn't about morale either because what Rod did and is doing to WV is way worse in my opinion. I guess I didn't ever really expect ESPN to attack or report any wrong doing of the Mich new head coach.

Just my 2 cents!

Boo Hoo Hoo.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BigDeal
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:

Just my 2 cents!
Would you like a tissue ?
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

BigDeal wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote: Some body needs to flame up the hogs boards with this, little "here we go again" for them in payback. :twisted:

Just my 2 cents!
Would you like a tissue ?
No, why would I? I live in AR but did not suggest that I am an AR fan. I just think that ESPN bashing one coach and not another is trivial. Guess you don't agree?
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I love it when people come on here that haven't read the threads and post the same exact stuff.

Rodriguez left AFTER the regulare season. Yeah, it sucks he left before the bowl game, but that's the way college football goes these days. Petrino couldn't even finish the regular season. There is a difference.
Some Random Dude
CoastRebel48
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

SEC

For someone who is not an Arky fan you sure do tote the party line pretty well. I mean you have hit all of their talking points starting with Coach Nutt all the way to the big bad ESPN and Home Depot.

I don't mind you whining and I don't even mind you whining here, but please just drop the I am an impartial observer/ reporter scharade and be honest with yourself for a change. The first step to recovery is acceptance.
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:I love it when people come on here that haven't read the threads and post the same exact stuff.

Rodriguez left AFTER the regulare season. Yeah, it sucks he left before the bowl game, but that's the way college football goes these days. Petrino couldn't even finish the regular season. There is a difference.
Really??? So the regular season is what counts the most huh??? I didn't realize that if the Falcons were goingto the playoffs and then he quit... it would be ok as long as he finished the regular season. That to me, is the whole point of having seasons... to make BCS games and the playoffs. You are trying to tell me that if Petrino had waited till they made the playoff, there would have been no backlash? I can't believe you seem to think that running out on teenagers that were begged to come play at a school is ok but leaving millinaires isn't?????????

BCS game for kids who family trusted you or 3 meanigless games of a regular season for millionaire empolyees????

Do you really think that... wow!
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

CoastRebel48 wrote:SEC

For someone who is not an Arky fan you sure do tote the party line pretty well. I mean you have hit all of their talking points starting with Coach Nutt all the way to the big bad ESPN and Home Depot.

I don't mind you whining and I don't even mind you whining here, but please just drop the I am an impartial observer/ reporter scharade and be honest with yourself for a change. The first step to recovery is acceptance.
Sorry to burst your bubble here but I go to most SEC message boards and hit topics up that I have a different perspective than the locals. If you are upset at something I have said, I apologize. I only post what I find to be accurate and am always open for a discussion to hear any other information that could help my perspective.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
lewindha wrote:I love it when people come on here that haven't read the threads and post the same exact stuff.

Really??? So the regular season is what counts the most huh??? I didn't realize that if the Falcons were goingto the playoffs and then he quit... it would be ok as long as he finished the regular season. That to me, is the whole point of having seasons... to make BCS games and the playoffs. You are trying to tell me that if Petrino had waited till they made the playoff, there would have been no backlash? I can't believe you seem to think that running out on teenagers that were begged to come play at a school is ok but leaving millinaires isn't?????????

BCS game for kids who family trusted you or 3 meanigless games of a regular season for millionaire empolyees????

Do you really think that... wow!
Well, since you put it that way, yes I would leave millinaires.

Yes, Really. I don't know if you read the news, but there are several reports coming out now about discourse between RichRod and the WV brass.

Petrino on the other hand said 'I am your coach' and had full backing from the admin of the Falcons. Let's not argue about the actual job, he took it. But there's no difference there.

Forget Arthur Blank, I'm not crazy about him. Petrino jumped ship on a team and a fan base that desperately needed something good to happen. Class, class, class. I know Arkansas needed something good to happen, too, because beating the National Champions is never good enough.

And I agree with you , millinaires aren't people. Just machines. Who cares about them.
Some Random Dude
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Personally I got no love for Saban, Petrino, or Rich Rod; but enough is enough. All three have done something that they should regret, IMO. But unless you're a Dolphins, Falcons, or WVU fan, you don't have a dog in the fight and there's no point in complaining about it.

I've just heard enough about this junk to fill a lifetime. Time to let it all go and let those involved take care of it.
GO REBELS!!!
CoastRebel48
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
CoastRebel48 wrote:SEC

Sorry to burst your bubble here but I go to most SEC message boards and hit topics up that I have a different perspective than the locals. If you are upset at something I have said, I apologize. I only post what I find to be accurate and am always open for a discussion to hear any other information that could help my perspective.
I am not upset with your perspective, but do you honestly think that anyone is buying this swill as being a different perspective than the locals. This is not my opinion. I did the research. You surf the SEC sites per your statements. You are very much in agreement with the local hog fans from what I have read. So much so, that I bet with little to no effort I could cut and paste your post from any one of the many pig boards. So, your perspective is not any different nor is your slant on info that we have heard a million times. My only point is don't try and pass it off as some fair and objective outsiders take to try and give it more credibility. That won't fly here.