Hugh Freeze to Lambuth

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hugh Freeze is now the head coach at Lambuth University in Jackson, Tn. I wish him well.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebelBond wrote:Hugh Freeze is now the head coach at Lambuth University in Jackson, Tn. I wish him well.

RebelBond
Where????

In all seriousness I am glad Coach Freeze has landed somewhere and wish him nothing but the best.

There is no doubt in my mind he will be back at a big time program soon.
Randy
cajunrebel

That school is not too far from my mom's family. They made a good hire. I wish we still had him. Good luck to him.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

cajunrebel wrote:That school is not too far from my mom's family. They made a good hire. I wish we still had him. Good luck to him.
The school appears to be associated with the NAIA division/league????? Is that like lower than division III?
done

rebeloke wrote:
cajunrebel wrote:That school is not too far from my mom's family. They made a good hire. I wish we still had him. Good luck to him.
The school appears to be associated with the NAIA division/league????? Is that like lower than division III?
Was Belhaven's program in the NAIA Joe?
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

rebeloke wrote:
NAIA is probably the rough equivalent of NCAA Div III. In some cases, better, in some cases worse.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Either way, I wish him the best. I wish Nutt had brought him on staff, but, alas, he did not.

That said go Coach Freeze!
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

RebelBond wrote:Hugh Freeze is now the head coach at Lambuth University in Jackson, Tn. I wish him well.

RebelBond
Man that SUCKS!!!!!!!

They are in the same conference as we are at Belhaven. So I atleast hope he loses 1 game a season. :)
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

USCrebel wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
NAIA is probably the rough equivalent of NCAA Div III. In some cases, better, in some cases worse.
Actually athletically, the NAIA I believe is a bit better than DIII. Most DIII schools will not play NAIA schools because they can not compete consistantly. DIII offers no athletics scholarships, the NAIA offers athletics scholarships but only sets a maximum limit. Many NAIA schools offer less than the maximum number of scholarships due to the bottom line. DOLLARS and CENTS.

The NAIA does have somewhat of a rogue reputation because some schools will allow anyone in. there have been MANY instances where a school has allowed a D1 player in that couldn't qualify or got kicked off their team for one reason or another.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

the main thing is, he gets a chance to prove himself once and for all,...and he won't be a USM or Memphis or Troy or somewhere taking a couple away from us every year or so...for the time being.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

There was a VERY credible rumor that Freeze had been offered an administrative slot and he had accepted. From what I understand (and I trust my source without question) Nutt and PB called Hugh after the Austin interview and told him that they wanted him to stay and would create an admin position until another field position opened. He accepted and then Lambuth called. He is taking the job, but not selling his Oxford house because he still has a commitment from Nutt for the next offensive position. We may see him back in a couple of years.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:the main thing is, he gets a chance to prove himself once and for all,...and he won't be a USM or Memphis or Troy or somewhere taking a couple away from us every year or so...for the time being.
Bingo!
Randy
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
Was Belhaven's program in the NAIA Joe?
Still is :)

The NCAA rulebook is huge and expands every year. The NAIA rulebook is the size of an athletics program. There has actually been talk of the NAIA and NCAA DII merging, but it will never happen, because the NAIA doesn't want to disappear and alot of NAIA programs don't want the NCAA micromanaging their programs.

There are some really strong NAIA programs that can compete with anyone in DII.
Ronald Reagan