Do you think Eli being in the big show will help recruiting?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

It couldn't hurt!
done

At Duke or Ole Miss? 8) :lol:

Any positive exposure is good for Ole Miss which permeates through everything, including recruiting. But Eli is two staffs removed.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:At Duke or Ole Miss? 8) :lol:

Any positive exposure is good for Ole Miss which permeates through everything, including recruiting. But Eli is two staffs removed.
True but you know the word on the street right now is that you cannot go to Ole Miss if you want to be a NFL qb. Eli being in the Super Bowl sure makes that case hard to prove....
done

True, but beyond the Mannings, what SEC QB's from any SEC school are having success in the NFL? Cutler I think ultimately will. Jason Campbell, maybe, Jamarcus, who knows?
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

It definitely cant hurt
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I agree that it can't hurt, but I am with Chuck on this one mostly. Seems it might be tough for Nutt & Staff to sell Eli to potential recruits given that he was a Cutcliffe guy, and that Staff is looong gone.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

the only "sell" is that Eli could have gone anywhere, but he chose Ole Miss. Even with his heritage, that will justify a visit to some.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

OMNOB wrote:I agree that it can't hurt, but I am with Chuck on this one mostly. Seems it might be tough for Nutt & Staff to sell Eli to potential recruits given that he was a Cutcliffe guy, and that Staff is looong gone.
Well, when it comes to recruits I do not know that they dig that deep, such as the fact that Eli was here under a guy two staffs removed. Now do not get me wrong they probably know who their cousins are twice removed but I doubt they see Eli as not to be associated with Ole Miss presently. Here is what Eli proves: that if you are NFL caliber and want to play at Ole Miss you can not only get to the NFL but be the no. 1 pick. That is a fact. In other words you will not be committing career suicide coming to Ole Miss, as opposed to going to somewhere like Mississippi State.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Matt Jones isn't doing too bad either... but he's not a QB anymore.
desotorebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Wasn't Rex Grossman a Super Bowl QB just last year? NOthing about his abilities...but he was a SEC QB in the big game.
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I was glad to see Eli win the SB and the MVP. Now he's not just Peyton's brother!

As far as recruiting goes.....

I think winning is the most important factor in recruiting. The more you win the better you recruit. You guys will win more next year because of the change you made at the head coaching position. OM recruiting will be fine.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

SooiePig wrote:I was glad to see Eli win the SB and the MVP. Now he's not just Peyton's brother!

As far as recruiting goes.....

I think winning is the most important factor in recruiting. The more you win the better you recruit. You guys will win more next year because of the change you made at the head coaching position. OM recruiting will be fine.
I agree with you. Recruiting works best when you're winning. You can only try to get recruits to buy into the system for so long. Sooner or later the system has to start working or else recruits will turn you off.
GO REBELS!!!
1CavHog

It may help but it won't overcome Nutt's laziness.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

1CavHog wrote:It may help but it won't overcome Nutt's laziness.
It wont.! Ive been racking my brains for days about this. Thanks Hog fan. What would I have done without you. I thought it wouldve helped but I almost forgot how lazy Nutt is Thanks You! And keep these informative posts coming bc Im so eager to read them.

Note - Sarcasm in Red