hm...Has Ellis Johnson seen the light???

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

CoastRebel48 wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
rewalters wrote: SEC you still prowling around spewing the same old crap and pretending to be an impartial observer, neutral to situation, but heavily weighted against our Coach.

Once again, I apologize for swewing the same old crap but I did not know you were aware of all these things. Should I have read threads from days, weeks, even months ago to learn what you might and might not have heard? Obviously I didn't and was just passing along information that isn't rumor or hearsay... it is all facts. If you think I heavily weigh in on your coach... well I guess I just don't understand... Did you want me to discuss non Ole Miss info here??? Did you want me to say only good things about your coach... because I did that too. I cannot help it that there seems to be more negative than positive... it is all facts!
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

CoastRebel48 wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
rewalters wrote:

Well let's see. I will oblige you in a defense. First let's deal with the whole Springdale fiasco. By his own admission Coach Nutt has determined the recruiting of MM and hiring of GM to be a mistake that led to a less than pleasant situation. Having coached for many years myself, I know once you compromise your core belief, that tends to gnaw at you until you find a way to make it right. That is of course if you have core beliefs. Now, did he handle it the right way? Who knows, but I do know only a handful of people know the whole truth and I will wager you ain't and never will be one of them. Much like the rest of your lunatic fan base.

Are you kidding? Nutt really thinks recruiting the #1 player in the nation was a mistake? Nutt really thinks hiring OC of the Year 07 and this years #1 offense under the same coach was a mistake too? You think the recruit who is the only QB in AR history to go 8-0 as a starter made it less than pleasant for AR best season under Nutt? That OC of the Year in Nutt's best season must have made it even more unpleasant by your thinking?

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe Nutt was the one that made it unpleasant? Do you really think Nutt allowing a personal family friend to harrass a student athlete made it unpleasant? If you argue with the fact that he allowed it then how are you going to defend Nutt holding a letter of apology for the student athlete almost 2 weeks until AFTER the student athlete requested his transfer? How do you defend Nutt's wife suggesting that the student athlete's mother should have been left to bleed to death after she was attacked many years earlier? She also said that she wishes she had been there to help. Do these things make it pleasant?

Do you think Nutt and his assistants were making it pleasant on Gus by calling him High School in front of the players? Do you think coaches hiding his playbook before practices is respectful or pleasant? Do you think Nutt made it pleasant for Gus after Nutt's best season when he demoted the OC of the Year and hired another OC behind his back?

You are right, it was very unpleasant but Nutt brought any and all of it on hisself. These are the facts... you may like to think there must have been something else since you probably can't imagine it being this bad. Well, from someone that knows... it was that bad and if you think it's a fluke that AR lost it's head coach of 10 years, AD of 50 years, and even it's Chancellor all in the same year... you think it had nothing to do with this?
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

CoastRebel48 wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
rewalters wrote:

Now as for Coach Nutts performance while at Arky, I have two simple questions for you.

1. What was Arky's performance in the SEC like before Coach Nutt arrived?

2. Is the program that Coach Nutt took over better now than when he arrived?

We both know the answers to those two questions. Just like almost every other Arky whack job that has graced us with their presence, you have quite the selective memory. Also, if you are one of the pigknuckles that thinks that Arky's recruiting base is strong enough to be a perennial BCS bowl contender then this conversation is pointless.
I don't think I have ever argued that we did get better but let's be honest... it was like you being better next year, it almost has to happen.

Yes, the program is better off since he came here. Shouldn't it be though? Also, there is more to being a coach of a SEC program than winning half your games, like taking responsibilty for your programs losses. He always has taken credit for the wins. After a game this year Nutt told reporters that the reason a kid on hids team fumbled was because he was too busy stealing credit cards... the kids charges were later dropped. He never said I guess I shouldn't have given it to the 4th string RB when he had DMac and F. Jones. Classy guy!

No bud, you are wrong. I am well aware of AR recruiting base not being as strong as most others. Are you aware that the only major University in AR couln't even get the best players from AR while Nutt was here? Has anyone ever suggested that AR should be a perrennial BCS contender? You haven't heard me argue that but keep arguing points that I never made. If you throw enough against the wall, somethings bound to stick hey?
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

CoastRebel48 wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
rewalters wrote:
I tell you what, I will be satisfied with 8-4 and the 9th ranked scoring offense in the country for the next few years. That level of success just might keep most of th best talent in the state of MS in state. Now there is a recruiting base that could build a perennial BCS bowl contender.

Surely your not going to foolish enough to argue that last point.

Now, you got your wish. I have defended our coach with stats and info like you asked. Now as any good host would that has grown weary of bad company, consider me handing you your hat and coat leading you to the door and saying "Bless your little heart" you be careful on your way home.
Will you be satisfied with that every 3 years? You think that will keep kids from going elsewhere in the SEC? Miss does have enough to do what you say but the talent gets spread out pretty good. Keep the faith bro, if you really think Nutt will recruit Miss better than he recruited AR, even with 3 other Universities in the state when AR had no others, then you are a being very optimistic.

Thank you for giving me my wish! I didn't see ANY stats or info but I hear what you think. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, I just wish you didn't waste everyones time by posting your opinoins when you clearly don't know what you are talking about. "Bless your little heart"... you will need that for the next several years. I hope you learned something here so the next time you aren't talking out your A$$ like they do in the ESPN News commercial. Guess there really are people like that?
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

SECany...

You have simply got to move on from this. Rebel Faithful is not the typical uber-adolescent haven that is typical to many fan boards. The fact that you have not already been banned should have been your first indicator of this. On any other board, you would have been tossed long ago. There are places that you can go to bash Nutt, but it really will not make any difference here. While you think you had it bad under Nutt, you know nothing like our last four years. I am sure that Nutt will create a situation in which we will be calling for his head in a few years, but that is OUR dog and OUR fight when it happens. Here's the list for you and your cousins in Arkansas.

1. We realize it is highly unlikely that Nutt will ever win a NC at Ole Miss. Although, without cheating, I am not sure who could in this day and age of parity. When parity exists, schools like Arkansas and Ole Miss simply have far too difficult a time against the USC's, Florida's, and tOSU's of the world.

2. While we root for our team to win the SEC, we probably think it is more likely that we will simply sneak into the title game on occasion with Nutt. We not only could not sneak in with Orgeron, they wouldn't even let us buy tickets.

3. It really doesn't matter that the State paper in SoCar rated your facilities as #1 in the SEC, what we care about is the fact that in the last six or seven years, our administration got serious enough to be mentioned as being very good for Football and Baseball. (We're still working on that basketball house. For the record, the IPF at Arkansas belongs to the track and field team, while at Ole Miss, it belongs to the football team.)

4. As foolish as Houston Nutt looked during the Mustain/Malzahn fiasco, the fanbase looked worse as it filed liability suits, freedom of information requests, etc. left and right. While it is clear to us that Nutt handled things very poorly, I am not sure if you realize that the fanbase made the entire state of Arkansas a laughingstock. I'm on the west coast and the happy recipient of two former Razorbacks. Perhaps we can sign up for another home and home series with you guys. We'll spot you 40 points just to keep it fair.

5. We don't care. We don't care at all. We don't care one teensy little bit. After that, we still don't care.

My preference would be for you to take your toys and go home. I'm sure your mom misses you... we don't.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

USCrebel wrote:SECany...

You have simply got to move on from this. Rebel Faithful is not the typical uber-adolescent haven that is typical to many fan boards. The fact that you have not already been banned should have been your first indicator of this. On any other board, you would have been tossed long ago. There are places that you can go to bash Nutt, but it really will not make any difference here. While you think you had it bad under Nutt, you know nothing like our last four years. I am sure that Nutt will create a situation in which we will be calling for his head in a few years, but that is OUR dog and OUR fight when it happens. Here's the list for you and your cousins in Arkansas.

1. We realize it is highly unlikely that Nutt will ever win a NC at Ole Miss. Although, without cheating, I am not sure who could in this day and age of parity. When parity exists, schools like Arkansas and Ole Miss simply have far too difficult a time against the USC's, Florida's, and tOSU's of the world.

2. While we root for our team to win the SEC, we probably think it is more likely that we will simply sneak into the title game on occasion with Nutt. We not only could not sneak in with Orgeron, they wouldn't even let us buy tickets.

3. It really doesn't matter that the State paper in SoCar rated your facilities as #1 in the SEC, what we care about is the fact that in the last six or seven years, our administration got serious enough to be mentioned as being very good for Football and Baseball. (We're still working on that basketball house. For the record, the IPF at Arkansas belongs to the track and field team, while at Ole Miss, it belongs to the football team.)

4. As foolish as Houston Nutt looked during the Mustain/Malzahn fiasco, the fanbase looked worse as it filed liability suits, freedom of information requests, etc. left and right. While it is clear to us that Nutt handled things very poorly, I am not sure if you realize that the fanbase made the entire state of Arkansas a laughingstock. I'm on the west coast and the happy recipient of two former Razorbacks. Perhaps we can sign up for another home and home series with you guys. We'll spot you 40 points just to keep it fair.

5. We don't care. We don't care at all. We don't care one teensy little bit. After that, we still don't care.

My preference would be for you to take your toys and go home. I'm sure your mom misses you... we don't.
Thank goodness! Someone finally admits that they realize they will never amount to much in the SEC under Nutt. You made a good point, if you do expect much then you won't be dissappionted much. That is probably a good attitude to have if you plan of bottom feeding again and again, regardless of how much you invest in a coach. Brilliant!

AR fans did look like bozo's! People outside of AR just can't understand why fans would do that. It's fans that care about the teenagers who come to represent the Razorbacks. Fans refused to sweep it under the rug like the head coach, AD, and Chancellor had done and that is why they none of them are in office's at the U of A now. AR people are pretty happy about it too. They finally got a quality coach... a coach that even if you try and knock his character, you cannot knock his coaching abilities. I mean you can but anyone who follows college football would call you a moron.

I am glad you don't care about these things, it shows your pride in the University you choose to follow and support. My mom doesn't miss me quite like yours does but I would still like to keep my "toys" at here house! She raised you a winner!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
USCrebel wrote:SECany...

Thank goodness! Someone finally admits that they realize they will never amount to much in the SEC under Nutt. You made a good point, if you do expect much then you won't be dissappionted much. That is probably a good attitude to have if you plan of bottom feeding again and again, regardless of how much you invest in a coach. Brilliant!

AR fans did look like bozo's! People outside of AR just can't understand why fans would do that. It's fans that care about the teenagers who come to represent the Razorbacks. Fans refused to sweep it under the rug like the head coach, AD, and Chancellor had done and that is why they none of them are in office's at the U of A now. AR people are pretty happy about it too. They finally got a quality coach... a coach that even if you try and knock his character, you cannot knock his coaching abilities. I mean you can but anyone who follows college football would call you a moron.

I am glad you don't care about these things, it shows your pride in the University you choose to follow and support. My mom doesn't miss me quite like yours does but I would still like to keep my "toys" at here house! She raised you a winner!
Happy trails to you...
Some Random Dude
cajunrebel

This is over.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

cajunrebel wrote:This is over.
One can only hope!...Geez, I didn't know Arkansas Fans cared that much for our Well-being. Isn't it nice to be loved?
Later,
Hagar