hm...Has Ellis Johnson seen the light???

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

it would seem that Ellis Johnson is now the new DC for the Cocks... wonder what that will mean for Arkansas now? Ouch, that has to hurt recruiting I would imagine. Wonder what happened?
Later,
Hagar
drock1313
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

He must have already decided that he was working for a quitter.
Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs

Spurrier knew that johnson's home was in south carolina and that he had family there, so it was the perfect oppertunity for johnson to coach as DC in his home state before he plans on retiring ( and he mentioned retiring soon), so i can understand him leaving arkansas for that reason. It didn't have much to do with arkansas itself, because he did mention he loved arkansas and the people there.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs wrote:Spurrier knew that johnson's home was in south carolina and that he had family there, so it was the perfect oppertunity for johnson to coach as DC in his home state before he plans on retiring ( and he mentioned retiring soon), so i can understand him leaving arkansas for that reason. It didn't have much to do with arkansas itself, because he did mention he loved arkansas and the people there.
Dude, coaches are politicians. They all LOVE everybody. They all kiss babies. They all thank God for their opportunities. Then they jump in bed with who ever gives them the most money.

Believe me, if he loved Arkansas and people there so much, he would not have left. The truth is that Spurrier must have called him a few days before the announcement, when VanGorder started talking with the Falcons. My only surprise is that Petrino hasn't already lined up another candidate. Too bad he dragged his feet on this one, Orgeron already has a gig in New Orleans.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

USCrebel wrote:
Gettin Down W Tha Dawgs wrote:Spurrier knew that johnson's home was in south carolina and that he had family there, so it was the perfect oppertunity for johnson to coach as DC in his home state before he plans on retiring ( and he mentioned retiring soon), so i can understand him leaving arkansas for that reason. It didn't have much to do with arkansas itself, because he did mention he loved arkansas and the people there.
Dude, coaches are politicians. They all LOVE everybody. They all kiss babies. They all thank God for their opportunities. Then they jump in bed with who ever gives them the most money.

Believe me, if he loved Arkansas and people there so much, he would not have left. The truth is that Spurrier must have called him a few days before the announcement, when VanGorder started talking with the Falcons. My only surprise is that Petrino hasn't already lined up another candidate. Too bad he dragged his feet on this one, Orgeron already has a gig in New Orleans.
Johnson has 16 years as a S.C. state employee and will be able reach the 20 year mark for retiring benefits and such. His wife is from S.C. and most of their family lives there as well. Not that suprising to anyone who knows Johnson situation but if you want to make uneducated guesses as to why he went, by all means....
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
USCrebel wrote:

Johnson has 16 years as a S.C. state employee and will be able reach the 20 year mark for retiring benefits and such. His wife is from S.C. and most of their family lives there as well. Not that suprising to anyone who knows Johnson situation but if you want to make uneducated guesses as to why he went, by all means....
No kiddin?? I did not know that although it certainly does make sense being that he is from SC.

Seems to me that is just a bonus, though. He gets his payday and does not have to worry with the very sketchy Bobby Petrino.

Call it a win-win.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

OMNOB wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
USCrebel wrote: Dude, coaches are politicians. They all LOVE everybody. They all kiss babies. They all thank God for their opportunities. Then they jump in bed with who ever gives them the most money.

No kiddin?? I did not know that although it certainly does make sense being that he is from SC.

Seems to me that is just a bonus, though. He gets his payday and does not have to worry with the very sketchy Bobby Petrino.

Call it a win-win.

Yep, oh Bobby would probably *beep* him over pretty good I bet. So does Lohnson having 3 jobs in 2 months mean he is just as sketchy... or does both situations show how coaches will do whatever they fill is best for their families? I think most coaches put religion, family, and team first but the order doesn't change regardless of the team. Team will always be third compared in value and rightfully so. I would do the same for my wife and kids...so do you think that coaches should have the team to come before family. If you do, you have neither a wife or kids... guess all coaches should be bachelors?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
OMNOB wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote: Johnson has 16 years as a S.C. state employee and will be able reach the 20 year mark for retiring benefits and such. His wife is from S.C. and most of their family lives there as well. Not that suprising to anyone who knows Johnson situation but if you want to make uneducated guesses as to why he went, by all means....

Call it a win-win.

Yep, oh Bobby would probably *beep* him over pretty good I bet. So does Lohnson having 3 jobs in 2 months mean he is just as sketchy... or does both situations show how coaches will do whatever they fill is best for their families? I think most coaches put religion, family, and team first but the order doesn't change regardless of the team. Team will always be third compared in value and rightfully so. I would do the same for my wife and kids...so do you think that coaches should have the team to come before family. If you do, you have neither a wife or kids... guess all coaches should be bachelors?
This might be a dumb question, but what exactly is your agenda in coming to this board? You do realize that this is an Ole Miss Rebels message board, right? Ergo, anything the members of this board post tend to view our University and its teams in a positive light--you realize that, right? We can say whatever we want about whomever we want because this is <b><i>our</b></i> board. If we want to say Petrino is sketchy and not Ellis Johnson, that is our privilege. If you want to go to "all the other SEC boards" that you apparently frequent and bash us, feel free. Just don't come here and expect us to embrace your drivel wholeheartedly like you're some sort of SEC guru.
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

bigtreydaddy wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
OMNOB wrote: No kiddin?? I did not know that although it certainly does make sense being that he is from SC.

Call it a win-win.

This might be a dumb question, but what exactly is your agenda in coming to this board? You do realize that this is an Ole Miss Rebels message board, right? Ergo, anything the members of this board post tend to view our University and its teams in a positive light--you realize that, right? We can say whatever we want about whomever we want because this is <b><i>our</b></i> board. If we want to say Petrino is sketchy and not Ellis Johnson, that is our privilege. If you want to go to "all the other SEC boards" that you apparently frequent and bash us, feel free. Just don't come here and expect us to embrace your drivel wholeheartedly like you're some sort of SEC guru.
First off... how do you know I am no SEC guru? Why can you say E. Johnson isn't sketchy but Petrino is? Does this board not allow facts to be displayed, whether they benefit Ole Miss or not? Is information about your coach not a valid point of interest to discuss?

I never expected for anyone to embrace any baggage that your coach carries with him. However, if I where a fan and didn't agree with an outsiders perspective... I would offer my own perspective that paints my coach/school in a positive light. What I seem to notice here is that no one can say anything in defense of their newly aquired coach.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Well I guess we're too dumb, shallow, and biased for your tastes. Guess you'll just have to go somewhere else where people are "fair and balanced." Maybe Fox News has an SEC message board you'd be interested in...
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote: I never expected for anyone to embrace any baggage that your coach carries with him. However, if I where a fan and didn't agree with an outsiders perspective... I would offer my own perspective that paints my coach/school in a positive light. What I seem to notice here is that no one can say anything in defense of their newly aquired coach.
Dude you just don't get it do you, are you just thick?

This has been hashed over and over and over for the last month, facts flowing from both sides. If you would have been around or better yet taken the time to read prior post you would have realized this. There have been FACTS on Nutts passing numbers, winning % at Arkansas, number of bowls, Championship games, etc.

Just because you come on a board and half heartily do your research of what has already been posted, it doesn't mean we don't defend our positions. A little effort on your part and you probably would have saved yourself a little bit of time by coming to the realization:

WE ARE TIRED OF THIS ARGUMENT, PLEASE LET ME REPEAT, WE ARE TIRED OF THIS ARGUMENT.

Now if you would like to stick around and discuss something else, feel free. If not please go antagonize someone else.
Randy
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
USCrebel wrote:

I have been in higher ed for over twenty years. I am vested with the University of California and have an understanding of how the retirement system works. I can tell you this, Ellis John is not thinking about working for 4 years and then retiring. Twenty years gets you enough for a double-wide in Irmo.

Come back and talk to me when you actually have an annuity or a job that extends beyond "Do you want fries with that?"
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

[quote="rewalters"][quote="SECanyQUESTIONS"]

Just because you come on a board and half heartily do your research of what has already been posted, it doesn't mean we don't defend our positions. quote]

See... that's what I find amazing, no one seems to have a position to defend. All I have read is to go away... we don't wanna hear ir but absolutly no defense of any position. Just sayin...
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OK dude, either I am a poor communicator or you have comprehension problems, whichever you win, I am done.
Randy
CoastRebel48
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
rewalters wrote:
SECanyQUESTIONS wrote:
Just because you come on a board and half heartily do your research of what has already been posted, it doesn't mean we don't defend our positions. quote]

See... that's what I find amazing, no one seems to have a position to defend. All I have read is to go away... we don't wanna hear ir but absolutly no defense of any position. Just sayin...
SEC you still prowling around spewing the same old crap and pretending to be an impartial observer, neutral to situation, but heavily weighted against our Coach.

Well let's see. I will oblige you in a defense. First let's deal with the whole Springdale fiasco. By his own admission Coach Nutt has determined the recruiting of MM and hiring of GM to be a mistake that led to a less than pleasant situation. Having coached for many years myself, I know once you compromise your core belief, that tends to gnaw at you until you find a way to make it right. That is of course if you have core beliefs. Now, did he handle it the right way? Who knows, but I do know only a handful of people know the whole truth and I will wager you ain't and never will be one of them. Much like the rest of your lunatic fan base.

Now as for Coach Nutts performance while at Arky, I have two simple questions for you.

1. What was Arky's performance in the SEC like before Coach Nutt arrived?

2. Is the program that Coach Nutt took over better now than when he arrived?

We both know the answers to those two questions. Just like almost every other Arky whack job that has graced us with their presence, you have quite the selective memory. Also, if you are one of the pigknuckles that thinks that Arky's recruiting base is strong enough to be a perennial BCS bowl contender then this conversation is pointless.

I tell you what, I will be satisfied with 8-4 and the 9th ranked scoring offense in the country for the next few years. That level of success just might keep most of th best talent in the state of MS in state. Now there is a recruiting base that could build a perennial BCS bowl contender.

Surely your not going to foolish enough to argue that last point.

Now, you got your wish. I have defended our coach with stats and info like you asked. Now as any good host would that has grown weary of bad company, consider me handing you your hat and coat leading you to the door and saying "Bless your little heart" you be careful on your way home.