O to the Saints...NOT SO FAST, MY FRIENDS...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

------------------

Was listening to Pete Cordelli's Sunday a.m. show on AM 730 out of Memphis on the way home from church, and he said there is a brand new rumor circulating that Coach O might not be going to the Saints after all. It is rumored that his name is in the mix for...brace yourselves folks...Defensive Coordinator at Arkansas.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Wow. That would thicken the plot quite a bit... Does anybody else think that, pending the final standings next season (as well as the outcome of the game on 10/25), the events of the last three months forward could easily be made into a movie? Or maybe some sort of rock opera?? ...Maybe more of a soap opera...
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

No way this takes place. Coach O would be huge for the Razorbacks in terms of recruiting, but snake or no snake, BP is smarter than this. Right?

D-Line Coach? Sure. Coordinator? No way.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

OMNOB wrote:No way this takes place. Coach O would be huge for the Razorbacks in terms of recruiting, but snake or no snake, BP is smarter than this. Right?

How can you be so sure that he want make a decent coordinator? He might do well. He also might not.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
SECanyQUESTIONS
Water Boy
Water Boy

JoeRebel wrote:
OMNOB wrote:No way this takes place. Coach O would be huge for the Razorbacks in terms of recruiting, but snake or no snake, BP is smarter than this. Right?

How can you be so sure that he want make a decent coordinator? He might do well. He also might not.
Don't believe that will happen. Coach O had a clause in his contract that wont allow him to go to an SEC West team, right?
drock1313
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

He was fired...so that means he can do whatever he wants.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

JoeRebel wrote:

Well, Coordinator is one step down from HC and he certainly did not excel there.

In addition to his Head Coaching resume, I could be wrong, but I do believe that in his first season as HC , he was also his own DC, and as I remember, we were BAD.

Not that he wouldn't be a decent DC, but with that track record, I wouldn't hire him to do it.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB wrote:
JoeRebel wrote:

Well, Coordinator is one step down from HC and he certainly did not excel there.

In addition to his Head Coaching resume, I could be wrong, but I do believe that in his first season as HC , he was also his own DC, and as I remember, we were BAD.

Not that he wouldn't be a decent DC, but with that track record, I wouldn't hire him to do it.
Well, he could be a DC in the same sense that Nutt "uses" an OC, (according to some). :oops:
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Actually in his first season as HC, are D was ranked in the top 30 in overall statistics if I remember correctly. But we were also blown out a few times that year as well.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

rebelliousb wrote:
OMNOB wrote:
JoeRebel wrote: How can you be so sure that he want make a decent coordinator? He might do well. He also might not.

Well, he could be a DC in the same sense that Nutt "uses" an OC, (according to some). :oops:
But petrino is an offensive guy. He has to get aguy in to know what hes doing when it comes to playcalling. He almost ignored the defense at L-Ville. He will call the offensive plays, but let me say one thing about petrino's playcalling. He can blow leads big time against a decent team. Check the 05 WVU game and I know you guys remember the 06 Rutgers game. He cannot hold leads and that should be a huge concern for Hog fans.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Found this on We are SC. Looks like there isn't a grain of truth to it though, at least with the Kiffin angle. Not sure about the O side.

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21777
L. S. WHO?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

No info to the contrary on the Saints site. Yet.
L. S. WHO?
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:Found this on We are SC. Looks like there isn't a grain of truth to it though, at least with the Kiffin angle. Not sure about the O side.

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21777
I don't think Lane would handle being one of three OC's on the Arky staff. Remember Petrino and his brother are also offensive guys.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14