Some HOG fans expect Nutt to throw more...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

PalmettoPig
Water Boy
Water Boy

ekmjr1 wrote:I just don't get those Ark fans. They litterally had the best running back in college football, and possibly even another of the top 10 as a back up and they complain that he ran too much? With somebody as fast and as strong as McFadden, why not run every single down if its working? I was shocked they didn't run more on us. :?:
When Nutt's offense worked it looked great, but when we went up against teams that could stop the run we looked awful.

Hog fans wanted an efficient passing game and we never got one. Then when we had the potential to have one Nutt ran off Mitch, DW, and Gus
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

PalmettoPig wrote:
ekmjr1 wrote:I just don't get those Ark fans. They litterally had the best running back in college football, and possibly even another of the top 10 as a back up and they complain that he ran too much? With somebody as fast and as strong as McFadden, why not run every single down if its working? I was shocked they didn't run more on us. :?:
When Nutt's offense worked it looked great, but when we went up against teams that could stop the run we looked awful.

Hog fans wanted an efficient passing game and we never got one. Then when we had the potential to have one Nutt ran off Mitch, DW, and Gus
Call somebody who cares. We don't.

Please lock this thread.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

That Gus Malzahn guy is not that special. He had the best offense in the land, but I belive Steve Kragthorpe had that at Tulsa and he hasnt shown anything in The Big East - and the Big East isnt SEC or even ACC. Mustain was a baby and got out when he got benched. Sounds like a prima dona to me. You dont want a player to drag down the team. He may be talented, but no one player is bigger than the team. hog fans, yall need to be worried about Petrino and what team he is talking to right now. wouldnt be surprised if he leaves in 2 or 3 years. I usually ignore these Hog fans, but they cant get over losing Nutt.Let me ask this? How many Hog fans were on this board before Nutt came to us. And for the Hog fans that wanna talk football, I am more than happy to talk. We know Nutt doesnt like to pass, youve drilled it in our brains already. That sfine as long as he is winning and we dont need to pass.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

PalmettoPig wrote:

Please go away, go away mad, angry or nice, I don't care and neither do the other Rebel fans.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
maxdamage
Water Boy
Water Boy

ran off Mitch, DW, and Gus
What or who is Mitch, DW - Gus? Surely not Ole Miss players or coaches or prof are whatever.

On second thought - please don't ell me as I don't care!!!
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

BigTrev34 wrote:That Gus Malzahn guy is not that special.
The Rivals 2006 Offensive Coordinator of the year is not that special :?:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=618975
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Like I said, yall act like hes god. We got the old coach from Tulsa up here at L-Ville and hes getting bashed and lost to Syracuse and Utah. Didnt even go to a bowl. And I know that Kragthorpe had the best offense while he was at Tulsa. He cant even make it in the Big East, what makes you think Malzahn would be the man in the SEC. Remember, John Brady was coach of the year 2 years ago and Tubby Smith won a bunch of awards for coaching and they both got kicked to the curb.(Although Ill say Tubby was an amazing coach, just couldnt recruit that well.)
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

SooiePig wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:That Gus Malzahn guy is not that special.
The Rivals 2006 Offensive Coordinator of the year is not that special :?:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=618975
Orgeron was also considered the best recruiter in the nation for multi years...and you can see what he did for Ole Miss.
Later,
Hagar
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

BigTrev34 wrote:Like I said, yall act like hes god. We got the old coach from Tulsa up here at L-Ville and hes getting bashed and lost to Syracuse and Utah. Didnt even go to a bowl. And I know that Kragthorpe had the best offense while he was at Tulsa. He cant even make it in the Big East, what makes you think Malzahn would be the man in the SEC. Remember, John Brady was coach of the year 2 years ago and Tubby Smith won a bunch of awards for coaching and they both got kicked to the curb.(Although Ill say Tubby was an amazing coach, just couldnt recruit that well.)
Why are AR fans vilified for wanting a change of direction in the football program when, as you just posted, coaches have a tough time making it in the SEC? Brady went to the final four and Tubby won a NC and they were asked to move on (or fired in Brady's case).

Houston Nutt did a lot of good at AR, I don't dispute that and neither will any sane Razorback fan. However, it was way past time for a change. Now that change has come, AR fans are the bad guys.

As for Malzahn, football minds across the country realize what a great coordinator he is. Not only was he the Rivals Coordinator of the year for 2006 but he was offered the 'Bama OC position and turned it down. AR fans aren't the only ones who think GM is a great coach.

Offensively, Rebs fans should see a more balanced attack than AR fans had for the past several years. I honestly think that has more to do with the fact that your AD won't be in Houston's ear telling him to abandon the passing game the way Frank Broyles (aka "Paw-Paw") did here. As a former, QB, Houston Nutt wants to throw the ball. I will be shocked if OM shows the imbalance on offense that AR had.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SooiePig wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Like I said, yall act like hes god. We got the old coach from Tulsa up here at L-Ville and hes getting bashed and lost to Syracuse and Utah. Didnt even go to a bowl. And I know that Kragthorpe had the best offense while he was at Tulsa. He cant even make it in the Big East, what makes you think Malzahn would be the man in the SEC. Remember, John Brady was coach of the year 2 years ago and Tubby Smith won a bunch of awards for coaching and they both got kicked to the curb.(Although Ill say Tubby was an amazing coach, just couldnt recruit that well.)
Why are AR fans vilified for wanting a change of direction in the football program when, as you just posted, coaches have a tough time making it in the SEC? Brady went to the final four and Tubby won a NC and they were asked to move on (or fired in Brady's case).

Houston Nutt did a lot of good at AR, I don't dispute that and neither will any sane Razorback fan. However, it was way past time for a change. Now that change has come, AR fans are the bad guys.

As for Malzahn, football minds across the country realize what a great coordinator he is. Not only was he the Rivals Coordinator of the year for 2006 but he was offered the 'Bama OC position and turned it down. AR fans aren't the only ones who think GM is a great coach.

Offensively, Rebs fans should see a more balanced attack than AR fans had for the past several years. I honestly think that has more to do with the fact that your AD won't be in Houston's ear telling him to abandon the passing game the way Frank Broyles (aka "Paw-Paw") did here. As a former, QB, Houston Nutt wants to throw the ball. I will be shocked if OM shows the imbalance on offense that AR had.
Hog fans aren't being vilified b/c they wanted a change. They are being vilified b/c of the court injunctions into Nutt's personal life. You've got to admit that it got pretty ridiculous.

I can understand after 10 years you guys didn't have a SEC championship, you wanted to move on. I got no problems with that. When we hire him b/c he's a good coach, every Hog fan that came over to 'warn' us spouted out the same drivel day and day out and it hasn't ended yet.

As far as the other coaches go, Hog football is not Kentucky basketball. But the LSU thing was maybe a little odd.

We aren't Hog fans and our experience since the Nutt hire has been limited to the dealings with A$$holes that have come here to raise hell. You've been civil and I appreciate that. But to a lot of the regulars here, you're guilty by association. It sucks, but that's what happens when the majority of our experience with Hog fans have been less than desirable.
Some Random Dude
cajunrebel

lewindha wrote:Hog fans aren't being vilified b/c they wanted a change. They are being vilified b/c of the court injunctions into Nutt's personal life. You've got to admit that it got pretty ridiculous.

I can understand after 10 years you guys didn't have a SEC championship, you wanted to move on. I got no problems with that. When we hire him b/c he's a good coach, every Hog fan that came over to 'warn' us spouted out the same drivel day and day out and it hasn't ended yet.

As far as the other coaches go, Hog football is not Kentucky basketball. But the LSU thing was maybe a little odd.

We aren't Hog fans and our experience since the Nutt hire has been limited to the dealings with A$$holes that have come here to raise hell. You've been civil and I appreciate that. But to a lot of the regulars here, you're guilty by association. It sucks, but that's what happens when the majority of our experience with Hog fans have been less than desirable.
What he said. We are tired of Arky fans coming to our board to explain themselves and or dump on Nutt. It will not be tolerated. I didn't go to any Arky boards to express my distaste for a coach who only wrote a note to his players and jumped ship with three games left in the season. I kept my opinions here, on our board with our fans.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here