Some HOG fans expect Nutt to throw more...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Cant read what it says man. Dont wanna register for that board. but good to hear - I guess
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:Cant read what it says man. Dont wanna register for that board. but good to hear - I guess
No it isn't. This guy continues to troll to get folks riled up. The page that the post is on has more useless disparagement of Nutt, Ole Miss, and all of the things that they believe are the source of their misery... as if being from the University of Arkansas is not misery enough.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Oh, well nevermind. we are keeping Nutt.
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

USCrebel wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Cant read what it says man. Dont wanna register for that board. but good to hear - I guess
No it isn't. This guy continues to troll to get folks riled up. The page that the post is on has more useless disparagement of Nutt, Ole Miss, and all of the things that they believe are the source of their misery... as if being from the University of Arkansas is not misery enough.
The jist of the thread was that some hog fans expect Nutt to be less conservative in his play calling next year.

The initial post in the thread stated that Nutt was bound to throw more because the senile old AD at AR would not be hovering over his shoulder the way he did at AR.

When Nutt first arrived at AR, Joe Ferguson (former NFL QB with the Bills) was the QB coach. Arkansas had an experienced QB, great receivers, and Ferguson so the team was much more efficient at the passing game than they were in recent years.

Many fans, myself included, believe that Frank Broyles (bitter Hog fans refer to him as paw paw) hand-cuffed Nutt as far as offensive philosophy is concerned. Broyles as much as admitted to this in after the 06 season.

My point is, I think OM will be more balanced than AR has been the past couple of years.

After going back through the thread, I see that it delved into another "bash nutt" thread, but the initial post did have some merrit. I think OM will have a balanced attack next year FWIW.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

I see what you are sayin' Sooie, and make no mistake, we'll throw.

Thanks for your allowence.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Thanks Sooie. Glad to hear. i dont care if he runs a lot. whatever his style is, as long as its a winning style of football.
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I just don't get those Ark fans. They litterally had the best running back in college football, and possibly even another of the top 10 as a back up and they complain that he ran too much? With somebody as fast and as strong as McFadden, why not run every single down if its working? I was shocked they didn't run more on us. :?:
03rebs

SooiePig wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
The jist of the thread was that some hog fans expect Nutt to be less conservative in his play calling next year.

The initial post in the thread stated that Nutt was bound to throw more because the senile old AD at AR would not be hovering over his shoulder the way he did at AR.

When Nutt first arrived at AR, Joe Ferguson (former NFL QB with the Bills) was the QB coach. Arkansas had an experienced QB, great receivers, and Ferguson so the team was much more efficient at the passing game than they were in recent years.

Many fans, myself included, believe that Frank Broyles (bitter Hog fans refer to him as paw paw) hand-cuffed Nutt as far as offensive philosophy is concerned. Broyles as much as admitted to this in after the 06 season.

My point is, I think OM will be more balanced than AR has been the past couple of years.

After going back through the thread, I see that it delved into another "bash nutt" thread, but the initial post did have some merrit. I think OM will have a balanced attack next year FWIW.
Thanks for the clarification SooiePig. :)
Forward Rebels!
venturahog
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

It's my opinion that Nutt will use the next few seasons to prove everyone wrong. Already in this offseason he has turned a new leaf, recruiting harder than he ever has. I think he will try and show that he is not just a run first type of coach and that he actually can develop a passing game.

To his home state he has become a 2 dimensional charicature of him self, I think he will show 3 dimensions now and use this new coaching spot to reinvent himself a bit.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

venturahog wrote:It's my opinion that Nutt will use the next few seasons to prove everyone wrong. Already in this offseason he has turned a new leaf, recruiting harder than he ever has. I think he will try and show that he is not just a run first type of coach and that he actually can develop a passing game.

To his home state he has become a 2 dimensional charicature of him self, I think he will show 3 dimensions now and use this new coaching spot to reinvent himself a bit.
So, he's never recruited this hard at arky?
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I don't care if he runs 9 out of 10 plays on every drive, as long as we put points on the boards and checks in the 'W' column - let him do it however he wants. This isn't a beauty pageant.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BeeDee wrote:I don't care if he runs 9 out of 10 plays on every drive, as long as we put points on the boards and checks in the 'W' column - let him do it however he wants. This isn't a beauty pageant.
I believe that deserves an "Amen" from the congregation!
Randy
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

venturahog wrote:It's my opinion that Nutt will use the next few seasons to prove everyone wrong. Already in this offseason he has turned a new leaf, recruiting harder than he ever has. I think he will try and show that he is not just a run first type of coach and that he actually can develop a passing game.

I've thought this same thing myself. A new place, a new beginning.

But I agree with BeeDee. Whatever puts points on the board and Ws on the schedule. I'd down with that.
GO REBELS!!!
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

rewalters wrote:
BeeDee wrote:I don't care if he runs 9 out of 10 plays on every drive, as long as we put points on the boards and checks in the 'W' column - let him do it however he wants. This isn't a beauty pageant.
I believe that deserves an "Amen" from the congregation!

How about an Alleluia and then an Amen!!! And don't forget a HOTTY TODDY!!!!!!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi