Oh, HECK no!!!!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Aint no way they will rule in favor of mallet and Arky. He isnt the exception. It would be an outrage to the players that have had this happen
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I would be surprised if they rule in Arkansas favor. I might be mistaken, but I believe the success rate on these appeals are very low.
Randy
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

BigTrev34 wrote:Aint no way they will rule in favor of mallet and Arky. He isnt the exception. It would be an outrage to the players that have had this happen
Correct. I will run (with BeeDee) naked through the Grove if this happens.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If it does happen, somebody will have a lot of explaining to do! I think we are safe from having to witness the two streakers on this one.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

The Malletts' claim to the NCAA is simple. He should not be punished because an incoming coach runs a system which does not fit his pocket-passing style.

The 6-foot-7 Mallett, who played in 11 games for the Wolverines last year, has three years of eligibility remaining. Mallett appears well suited to a pro-style offense, but Rodriguez's offense works well with a more mobile quarterback.

"We knew as soon as Rodriguez was hired it was obvious there would be a problem," Jim Mallett told Schad. "He would not fit into the coaches' spread offense. Now, is this something Ryan had control over? No. Now for him to sit out 18 months because of it would be tough. So we're asking the NCAA to examine the particulars of this case."
Boo-freakin-Hoo! I say Jevan should have gotten to play immediately under extenuating circumstances because he didn't have any control over Mack Brown picking Colt McCoy over him, so the NCAA should have to compensate us somehow now. I say we get to filing an appeal. Who the hell do the Mallets and Arkansas think they are to even think of filing an appeal under such "extenuating circumstances"? I'm flabbergasted, to be honest!
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

You sign with a school not a coach.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

They have the right to appeal, so let them appeal. The NCAA will deny the appeal, but at least Arky got what was rightfully theirs under the rules and no one can go around screaming about how "unfair" the system is to Arkansas.

Now, if the NCAA does accept the appeal and lets him play this year, you can bet there will be TONS of appeals come in over night as it would set a HORRIBLE precedence. Surely the NCAA realizes that, so that's why I say they'll deny the request.
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I think that most schools ask for some type of appeal in these cases. Why not, it's not going to hurt. The NCAA hardly ever agrees with them and they shouldn't. This one won't go through either.
nate123
Water Boy
Water Boy

They won't let Mallett play next year, but you can't blame us for trying right? Congrats on getting Enrique. He made a smart decision playing for Nutt. He will get a lot of carries. You guys have a really good class this year. I can't wait for the 08 season to get here. This is the start of a great rivalry. Good luck on the rest of signing day. I've been looking forward to this day for a while. I'm at home sick with a ...um cough, cough! :D
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

nate123 wrote:They won't let Mallett play next year, but you can't blame us for trying right? Congrats on getting Enrique. He made a smart decision playing for Nutt. He will get a lot of carries. You guys have a really good class this year. I can't wait for the 08 season to get here. This is the start of a great rivalry. Good luck on the rest of signing day. I've been looking forward to this day for a while. I'm at home sick with a ...um cough, cough! :D
I hope you don't relapse from the signing day flu bug that is going around. :lol: :lol:
Later,
Hagar
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

USCrebel wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Aint no way they will rule in favor of mallet and Arky. He isnt the exception. It would be an outrage to the players that have had this happen
Correct. I will run (with BeeDee) naked through the Grove if this happens.
That bet's already come and gone. And I didn't have to pay up, by the way... Y'all should listen to me more often :wink:
Heath
All American
All American

Well, I think that is a chance a kid takes when he goes to a certain school. And da*n, it's one freakin' year. Look how old Tony Fein is and he is doing fine. Mallet should look at it as another year to have his school paid for by Arkansas. Sounds like to me he has those "I don't need school, I'm going to play in the NFL/NBA/MLB one day" dreams. :roll:
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Heard this week that there may be more to this than meets the eye. Just hearsay, but evidently something happened in Ann Arbor that may make a waiver appropriate. But it's just a rumor and you know how accurate those tend to be. I still don't think it will get approved though.
GO REBELS!!!