espn grades

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

nate123
Water Boy
Water Boy

BigTrev34 wrote:
MusicCityHog wrote:The reason that ESPN hates Ole Miss is because you have a crappy program.....can any of you argue this???
Id argue that but I dont wanna be beating a dead horse. Oh well, we suck and we will suck with coach Nutt bc he is the worst coach that ever coached in the SEC. Are you happy now. We are irrelevant in the SEC and Nutt will drag us down more. OK, now leave to the Hog boards unless you actually wanna talk football instead of saying this. we know it was Nutts time to go at Arky. Talk about beating a dead horse man. Yall need to worry about whos playing qb and whos stepping up at RB now that Jones and Mcfadden are gone. Oh yeah, i forgot you have more important things to do like bash Nutt. much more important to worry about Ole miss' new coach than youre team. i am honestly curious though who will be qb for yall along with RB and who will replace Monk and if *beep* is playing. will De'Anthony curtis be the guy next year or is there someone els? Could one of the few Hog fans that know about something othet than Nutt fans respond. I am guessing C *beep* aill be the guy next year.
I would say Casey's little bro' Nathan will get some playing time but who knows. We did pic up some great talent this year. We got Jim Youngblood (3* QB per Rivals, #17 all-purpose), Tyler Wilson (4* QB per Rivals, #9 pro-style) I'm sure one of them will redshirt next year. Both may, depending on Nathan "That other QB from Arkansas"'s progression. They are all very competitive and I can't wait to see how things shake out (particularly in '09 with Mallett coming into the picture).

We also picked up a LOAD of talent this year in the RB position with D'Anthony Curtis 4*, Jerico Nelson 4*, Albert Gary 2*, and Tramain Thomas 3*. We still have Michael Smith and Brandon Burnett coming back. With BP's 4 and 5 reciever sets, our RB's will likely have some huge holes to run through. No more 8 or 9 man fronts for our running backs to face. :D

Have a good night guys, and sorry about the trolls.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

No surprise there. After next year youll have Anthony Alle. Ive seen him live and he is great. If he slims down a bit he will be very good. I love how it bleeps Nathan and Casey's last name. Doesnt look good at the skil positions, but Petrino will get a qb and turn him into a star. So Im guessing Chris Mortensen's son wont be playing. Petrino will use more than 1 back and used 2 or 3 backs very good. He utilized all his rbs well - Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, Lionel Gates and Eric Shelton- and had a great pro style offense. Those 4 rbs all got drafted too. He really does ignore the defense though. He recruits defnse well, but when they get there he wont really bpther em and lets the defnsive guys handle em. But the teams always had a good defense with Petrino. So if youre d coordinator can handle it, he will be fine.
nate123
Water Boy
Water Boy

I've never heard of Anthony Alle. Who is he?
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

nate123 wrote:I've never heard of Anthony Alle. Who is he?
And you call yourself an Arkansas fan... pathetic.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Tranfer from UL. RB
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Sorry, I was at work and couldnt say much. The snow is falling hard here in Kentucky - Schools out but I took this semester off so Im a little mad. Thats the reason Im on this board so d*** much. Anthony Allen is a strong hard runner that set the single game rushing record. He was brought in to L-Ville by Petrino. When Petrino came back in to college Allen immediately wanted to get out. I cant believe you didnt hear about it bc UL wouldnt release him. Very good player, but I think he didnt wanna be in a pass happy place like L-Ville. Very good runner. Runs hard but cant get to the edge. Other than that great inside runner and wants to be another RB Petrino sends to the NFL. Michael Bush, Eric Shelton and Lionel Gates and Kolby Smith. Good player youre getting. Yall would know about this guy but you worry too much about your old coach and not your players. Not talking you Nate bc you did answer my ?s. Did Casey D graduate? Allen will be a monster and I will guarantee he will be the feature back when he gets on the field after next season. If he trims down he will be good.
nate123
Water Boy
Water Boy

Believe me, I am definately an Arkansas fan. I do remember that kid now. I've had a lot of different names on my mind lately with the recruiting season in full swing so when it was spelled Alle and not Allen, the name didn't ring a bell. It's been a long time since I heard about him and I thought the story was dead. I thought Louisville wouldn't let him transfer to UA so I stopped following Allen. So they are letting him transfer?

I am not on here for stories about Nutt. Believe me, this is one of the many SEC forums I read. I like to hear the different points of view about my team and I like to keep up with other SEC news that isn't posted on hogville. I know it's difficult, but try not to stereotype guys. I have never bashed Nutt or your program. I have my own opinions about him and I keep them to myself on here. I don't like people bashing my coach about his past so I don't bash other coaches or programs. I'm excited about the begining of a good "ole" healthy rivalry between us. :D
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

nate123 wrote:Believe me, I am definately an Arkansas fan. I do remember that kid now. I've had a lot of different names on my mind lately with the recruiting season in full swing so when it was spelled Alle and not Allen, the name didn't ring a bell. It's been a long time since I heard about him and I thought the story was dead. I thought Louisville wouldn't let him transfer to UA so I stopped following Allen. So they are letting him transfer?

I am not on here for stories about Nutt. Believe me, this is one of the many SEC forums I read. I like to hear the different points of view about my team and I like to keep up with other SEC news that isn't posted on hogville. I know it's difficult, but try not to stereotype guys. I have never bashed Nutt or your program. I have my own opinions about him and I keep them to myself on here. I don't like people bashing my coach about his past so I don't bash other coaches or programs. I'm excited about the begining of a good "ole" healthy rivalry between us. :D
I think OM fans and AR fans should unite in our mutual hatred of LSUX. If there is one fan base that I hate it has to be LSUX....
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

SooiePig wrote:
nate123 wrote:Believe me, I am definately an Arkansas fan. I do remember that kid now. I've had a lot of different names on my mind lately with the recruiting season in full swing so when it was spelled Alle and not Allen, the name didn't ring a bell. It's been a long time since I heard about him and I thought the story was dead. I thought Louisville wouldn't let him transfer to UA so I stopped following Allen. So they are letting him transfer?

I think OM fans and AR fans should unite in our mutual hatred of LSUX. If there is one fan base that I hate it has to be LSUX....
That is DEFINATELY a point we agree on! I've tried to figure out, ever since I became interested in football, which fanbase is worse--LSU or Tenn. Naturally, being a Rebel, I freakin HATE LSU, and I know from personal experience they their fans are awful. However, Tenn "Big Orange" makes me wanna puke. If OM was in the East, I might put Vol fans at #1 on the most obnoxious fan countdown. It's that close of a call.
nate123
Water Boy
Water Boy

I agree about LSWho's fans, but that damned "Rocky Top" song gets on my nerves like no other. It was stuck in my head for a week after we got our a$$ handed to us by Tenn last season, so I have to give the ugly orange the nod on that one.