Is he still enrolled?
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Yep.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

All the hearsay about him is positive. havent seen any bad things suggesting he wont play
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Many years the d-line was a weak point but this line is shaping up to be something special. If they play to potential, the line backers and def backs will be able to do their job so much easier.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

bbqit wrote:Many years the d-line was a weak point but this line is shaping up to be something special. If they play to potential, the line backers and def backs will be able to do their job so much easier.
The sad part about having a great D line is the fact that D linemen aren't worth a dime against Spread Offenses with the QB in a Shotgun formation.
Later,
Hagar
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BigTrev34 wrote:All the hearsay about him is positive. havent seen any bad things suggesting he wont play
Except for the weight thing.
Heath
All American
All American

rebelliousb wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:All the hearsay about him is positive. havent seen any bad things suggesting he wont play
Except for the weight thing.
I'm sure Nutt and Nix will get his butt in the gym and weight room to alleviate that problem.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
bbqit wrote:Many years the d-line was a weak point but this line is shaping up to be something special. If they play to potential, the line backers and def backs will be able to do their job so much easier.
The sad part about having a great D line is the fact that D linemen aren't worth a dime against Spread Offenses with the QB in a Shotgun formation.
Maybe. Yet with a great d-line the qb, with spread, shotgun, whatever, won't have more and maybe less than three seconds. That can mean a lot to a d-back.
CoastRebel48
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

bbqit wrote:
Hagar wrote:
Maybe. Yet with a great d-line the qb, with spread, shotgun, whatever, won't have more and maybe less than three seconds. That can mean a lot to a d-back.
The spread is not that intimidating if you have a good D-line. A three or four man front with a stud nose and two great pass rushers can and will give the spread scheme fits. Especially if you have a great blitzing LB. The key being that the OL must be forced to double or triple the nose.

Just out of curiosity? Can anyone name the last NC that ran the spread? I don't mean the Urban Meyer single wing spread option, but a true spread with a drop back passer?
03rebs

Grenada Reb wrote:Is he still enrolled?
From what I understand (which isn't much), he is still enrolled and is apparently doing well in the classroom.
Forward Rebels!
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

03rebs wrote:
Grenada Reb wrote:Is he still enrolled?
he is still enrolled and is apparently doing well in the classroom.
I've heard the exact opposite.
I'm sick of this garbage. I'm not going to believe anything I hear about Jerrell Powe (even if it's something like "Jerrell Powe is from Mississippi") ever again.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
done

Has Coach Nutt ever even mentioned his name?
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:Has Coach Nutt ever even mentioned his name?
Not spontaneously, but he has responded to questions about him and seems to be positive about him.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

USCrebel wrote:
Not spontaneously, but he has responded to questions about him and seems to be positive about him.
I hope so because from what I know of him and the heart he has I believe he'd be a great addition to the team and I expect him to do very will wit our program.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

maroby001 wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
I hope so because from what I know of him and the heart he has I believe he'd be a great addition to the team and I expect him to do very will wit our program.
very will wit = very well with

BTW in light of the fact that Jerrell is LD I do not think such semantics are appropriate...