Jerrel Powe

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

rebeloke wrote:
maroby001 wrote:
USCrebel wrote: Not spontaneously, but he has responded to questions about him and seems to be positive about him.
I hope so because from what I know of him and the heart he has I believe he'd be a great addition to the team and I expect him to do very will wit our program.
very will wit = very well with

BTW in light of the fact that Jerrell is LD I do not think such semantics are appropriate...
Please tell me you are kidding, and not chastising someone for a typo!?!?!?!?
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
nawlins
Water Boy
Water Boy

I've heard the same thing about him doing better in the classroom...in fact the reports I've heard is that he now can distinguish color differences and can hold a crayon on his own. Shoot, he'd be on the deans list at Aubarn!
------------------

nawlins wrote:I've heard the same thing about him doing better in the classroom...in fact the reports I've heard is that he now can distinguish color differences and can hold a crayon on his own. Shoot, he'd be on the deans list at Aubarn!
Dude, that ain't even a little bit funny. We've had to endure similar comments from ignorant MSU fans about Powe; we don't need our own fans doing the same. He's got a learning disability...he's not mentally retarded. There's a HUGE difference between the two.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

nawlins wrote:I've heard the same thing about him doing better in the classroom...in fact the reports I've heard is that he now can distinguish color differences and can hold a crayon on his own. Shoot, he'd be on the deans list at Aubarn!

Think before you post. My 8 year old is dyslexic and I do not find you post funny at all. How would you like for people to think you were dumb all your life when in fact they are smarter than the average person. Seems as if you may be the one with a learning problem!!!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Sasquatch wrote:
Dude, that ain't even a little bit funny. We've had to endure similar comments from ignorant MSU fans about Powe; we don't need our own fans doing the same. He's got a learning disability...he's not mentally retarded. There's a HUGE difference between the two.
What makes you think this guy is an OM fan? Sounds like a *beep*in LSU fan to me.....
L. S. WHO?
nawlins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lighten up guys!!! Some people just are NOT capable of being a college student. If ya'll don't mind using a person only because he plays football, that's horrible.
And for the record this has NOTHING to do with making fun of dyslexia or learning disabilities. I don't want to cheapen a UM degree just because a guy can stuff the run...heck at the US Army game he announced that he was going to "the University of LSU;" He probably should've gone there.
Anybody remember Dexter Manley of Okla St? He embarrassed that University by announcing that after 4 years there and several in the NFL, he could not read. Ya'll want that?
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

nawlins wrote:Lighten up guys!!! Some people just are NOT capable of being a college student. If ya'll don't mind using a person only because he plays football, that's horrible.
And for the record this has NOTHING to do with making fun of dyslexia or learning disabilities. I don't want to cheapen a UM degree just because a guy can stuff the run...heck at the US Army game he announced that he was going to "the University of LSU;" He probably should've gone there.
Anybody remember Dexter Manley of Okla St? He embarrassed that University by announcing that after 4 years there and several in the NFL, he could not read. Ya'll want that?
Why are you here?
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
------------------

nawlins wrote:Lighten up guys!!! Some people just are NOT capable of being a college student. If ya'll don't mind using a person only because he plays football, that's horrible.
Lighten up??? You PRESUME that just because someone has a learning disability that they aren't capable of being a college student. Let me tell you that you don't have a d@mn clue...I'm a Special Education teacher and I work with kids like Powe every day. Ignorance like yours pi$$es me off. Asinine comments your are not just a display of ignorance, but also show a lack of intelligence. Just because someone has a disability which impairs their ability to comprehend information through reading DOES NOT mean they can't learn and it certainly doesn't mean they lack intelligence.

And his presence as a student at Ole Miss in no way "cheapens" ANY degree. I almost guarantee you that their are other students just like Powe at Ole Miss and at every college and university in the country: students who, in spite having a learning disability, are STILL able to meet admission requirements. Powe met admissions standards for Ole Miss...the issue was academic eligibility as determined by the NCAA. Ole Miss could NOT legally deny his admission, but the NCAA could deny his eligibility as an athlete and therefore keep him from receiving an athletic scholarship.
Last edited by ------------------ on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------

OMNOB wrote:
Why are you here?
I was wondering the same thing.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

True. I go to L-Ville and I have a LD