I apologize.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

hogfan08
Water Boy
Water Boy

First of all, I am a hog fan. I recently joined this site and have read several threads and now understand why you guys are frustrated with many of our fans. I think it is only natural for us to be curious about what is going on at Ole Miss, but there is also a way to do it with class. First off, congratulations on your coach. He is definately going to improve your program and lead you guys in the right direction. I will not go as far as saying he is the coach that will get you over the top, but I figure he will get the ball rolling so to speak. Anybody who said he didn't have some sort of positive impact on our program is kidding themselves. Having said that, I am glad we got our much wanted coaching change. Not so much because of Nutt's ability, but I think it was just time for a change. Ten years is a long time and I think most all of us were just ready for a new direction. Anyways, I think its safe to say that each fan base is happy with their new respective coaches and thats all that should matter from here on out. No more trash talking or taking stabs at each other makes any sense until after we meet next year in Fayetteville. Sorry for the guys that come in here and ruin conversations with sly remarks. Even if I agree with much of what some of them say, I wouldn't dare post it, not on another teams board. Some people lack respect. Best of luck guys.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Touche. Thank you for that.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

hogfan08 wrote:First of all, I am a hog fan. I recently joined this site and have read several threads and now understand why you guys are frustrated with many of our fans. I think it is only natural for us to be curious about what is going on at Ole Miss, but there is also a way to do it with class. First off, congratulations on your coach. He is definately going to improve your program and lead you guys in the right direction. I will not go as far as saying he is the coach that will get you over the top, but I figure he will get the ball rolling so to speak. Anybody who said he didn't have some sort of positive impact on our program is kidding themselves. Having said that, I am glad we got our much wanted coaching change. Not so much because of Nutt's ability, but I think it was just time for a change. Ten years is a long time and I think most all of us were just ready for a new direction. Anyways, I think its safe to say that each fan base is happy with their new respective coaches and thats all that should matter from here on out. No more trash talking or taking stabs at each other makes any sense until after we meet next year in Fayetteville. Sorry for the guys that come in here and ruin conversations with sly remarks. Even if I agree with much of what some of them say, I wouldn't dare post it, not on another teams board. Some people lack respect. Best of luck guys.
That's nice of you, and I apologize for my opinion of your current coach, too...although I've never expressed it.
hogfan08
Water Boy
Water Boy

rebelliousb wrote:
hogfan08 wrote:First of all, I am a hog fan. I recently joined this site and have read several threads and now understand why you guys are frustrated with many of our fans. I think it is only natural for us to be curious about what is going on at Ole Miss, but there is also a way to do it with class. First off, congratulations on your coach. He is definately going to improve your program and lead you guys in the right direction. I will not go as far as saying he is the coach that will get you over the top, but I figure he will get the ball rolling so to speak. Anybody who said he didn't have some sort of positive impact on our program is kidding themselves. Having said that, I am glad we got our much wanted coaching change. Not so much because of Nutt's ability, but I think it was just time for a change. Ten years is a long time and I think most all of us were just ready for a new direction. Anyways, I think its safe to say that each fan base is happy with their new respective coaches and thats all that should matter from here on out. No more trash talking or taking stabs at each other makes any sense until after we meet next year in Fayetteville. Sorry for the guys that come in here and ruin conversations with sly remarks. Even if I agree with much of what some of them say, I wouldn't dare post it, not on another teams board. Some people lack respect. Best of luck guys.
That's nice of you, and I apologize for my opinion of your current coach, too...although I've never expressed it.
Haha. Its all good! Football wouldn't be near the fun it is without all the sub plots and rivalries. I just think alot of my fellow fans could handle it a little better. I personally am very excited about Petrino. However, I will not be shocked if he jumps ship in a few years. If a lot of teams come after him then that means he would be leaving us in a better place than when he got here which is fine with me. I have a feeling he has no choice but to stay atleast 4-5 years because of the way the media crucified him, but it would not be smart for me to come on here defending him with his track record! :)
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Im not saying this bc Im an OM fan, but my 2nd team is L-Ville bc I go to school there. Petrino will look at schools after every year. Get used to that. But I will say he didnt leave bc of another better college job. he jumped to the NFL. I honestly could see him staying there unless the NFL calls or a big time spot opens in college. He will lie about meetings with other schools too. But he is a helluva coach offensively. I know youve heard so many bad things about him already, but no one will ? his offensive coaching - except losing 2nd half leads to quality teams.
hogfan08
Water Boy
Water Boy

BigTrev34 wrote:Im not saying this bc Im an OM fan, but my 2nd team is L-Ville bc I go to school there. Petrino will look at schools after every year. Get used to that. But I will say he didnt leave bc of another better college job. he jumped to the NFL. I honestly could see him staying there unless the NFL calls or a big time spot opens in college. He will lie about meetings with other schools too. But he is a helluva coach offensively. I know youve heard so many bad things about him already, but no one will ? his offensive coaching - except losing 2nd half leads to quality teams.
I don't doubt most of what you said, in fact I agree with it based on all I have heard. I know that goes on with most big time coaches, comes with territory I suppose. I know Nutt almost left a few times and at one point was on the plane for Nebraska before changing his mind. I know one thing,the SEC is now loaded with great coaches.
SooiePig
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

hogfan08 wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Im not saying this bc Im an OM fan, but my 2nd team is L-Ville bc I go to school there. Petrino will look at schools after every year. Get used to that. But I will say he didnt leave bc of another better college job. he jumped to the NFL. I honestly could see him staying there unless the NFL calls or a big time spot opens in college. He will lie about meetings with other schools too. But he is a helluva coach offensively. I know youve heard so many bad things about him already, but no one will ? his offensive coaching - except losing 2nd half leads to quality teams.
I don't doubt most of what you said, in fact I agree with it based on all I have heard. I know that goes on with most big time coaches, comes with territory I suppose. I know Nutt almost left a few times and at one point was on the plane for Nebraska before changing his mind. I know one thing,the SEC is now loaded with great coaches.
That's for DANG sure! Just look at the West, in no particular order:

Saban
Tubberville
Nutt
Croom
Miles
Petrino
cajunrebel

Back to the apology thing. I'm tempted to figure out how to ban the whole state of Arkansas from this board. I am tired of having to ban your fiends(friends without the r) that come over here to vent or post pictures on Coach Nutt like it's their therapy. I have spent most of my time lately cleaning up their trash than enjoying my friends on here and discussing our fine recruiting class. So to the few hog fans that we like on here and allow to stay, go back to your boards and tell the rest of your fiends that they are solidifying to Ole Miss that they are as classless as LSUX fans and that we don't care what they think of Nutt. To me all it proves is that Coach Nutt was truly run off from a crazy, delusional fan base.

Stay off of this board if you can't play nice....
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Goroth

SooiePig wrote:
hogfan08 wrote:
That's for DANG sure! Just look at the West, in no particular order:

Saban
Tubberville
Nutt
Croom
Miles
Petrino
I think you can leave Croom off that list and maybe add spurrier.
hogfan08
Water Boy
Water Boy

cajunrebel wrote:Back to the apology thing. I'm tempted to figure out how to ban the whole state of Arkansas from this board. I am tired of having to ban your fiends(friends without the r) that come over here to vent or post pictures on Coach Nutt like it's their therapy. I have spent most of my time lately cleaning up their trash than enjoying my friends on here and discussing our fine recruiting class. So to the few hog fans that we like on here and allow to stay, go back to your boards and tell the rest of your fiends that they are solidifying to Ole Miss that they are as classless as LSUX fans and that we don't care what they think of Nutt. To me all it proves is that Coach Nutt was truly run off from a crazy, delusional fan base.

Stay off of this board if you can't play nice....
It wouldn't do me any good, and I wouldn't consider the few that come over here like that my "friends". IMO our fanbase as a whole is very realistic, and does respectf other teams, but as with anything there are few that ruin it. Nutt was not ran off by a delusional fan base, he just proved after ten years we needed to go in a new direction. Ole Miss would have fired him after his two seens where he won 4 and 5 games respectively as happened with Cutcliffe after one season like that. Obviously it now looks like we are crazy because he had two good seasons after that. If he were still our coach today we would be in for a few more losing seasons (and still may be under Petrino) with no good recruiting classes coming in. He left us with no QB, no receivers, and we lost our two great tailbacks to the NFL. We would have not had the class coming in we do this year and would just go back to where we were. It worked out better for both parties. Nutt will do much better in Mississippi. I do believe the talent in your state is much better and he is going to be thrilled to have a fresh start and will have a chip on his shoulder. Also he is inheriting a team with a lot of potential. Seems like the talent is there. Anyways, if you would rather none of us be here I won't keep posting all of this stuff. Just wanted to share my thoughts.
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Na, you don't have to leave. But if you turn like a Mike Vick pitbull, then we'll have to put you down :twisted:
hogfan08
Water Boy
Water Boy

bigtreydaddy wrote:Na, you don't have to leave. But if you turn like a Mike Vick pitbull, then we'll have to put you down :twisted:

:lol:
03rebs

Thanks and welcome to our forum.
Forward Rebels!
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

I do appreciate the comment and I wish your team the best of luck and here's looking forward to next year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Translation: Even though I totally agree with what has been said I think it was in poor taste to say it.

Well I lump you in with all the other haters then. If we went to war you would be the first one I would shoot too. I got to know where you stand. We really do not need you guys on our board. Come on when we are playing each other but as for just trolling our board that is really not appreciated.