coach Austin has been named CFL coach of the year

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RiderNation
Water Boy
Water Boy

Coach Austin was named CFL Coach of the year, Congrates coach!!

CALGARY -- Former Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Kent Austin, now with the Ole Miss football staff, has been named 2007 Canadian Football League Coach of the Year. Austin was awarded the Annis Stukus Trophy Wednesday at the annual Coach of the Year Luncheon held at the Hyatt Hotel in Calgary.

“This richly deserved honor for Kent is the culmination of a truly magical season," said Roughriders General Manager Eric Tillman, who happens to be an Ole Miss alumnus. “At every level, our team reflected Kent’s character, confidence and his tremendous work ethic.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Good for him. I think he will be good for Snead and Nutt will be thre for the RBs. Those are the 2 positions that are unsure. we know we have a good wr corps and O-line. Get it done Austin
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Congrats to Coach Austin!
GO REBELS!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I still think this hire is great for so many reasons. Come Sept I could be proven wrong but I don't think I will. And if nutt leaves after a couple of years we won't hurt moving him up. Austin has done nothing but win at everything he does and I believe in a winner.