IMHO....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

I would like to see us exercise some restraint in our predicions for this year. I had originally said we definatly can get 8 wins and if we pull off an upset which HDN usually seems to do we can get 9. So I started reading some of the posts from O's first year and many were predicitng 8 and 9 wins that year and we all know how that turned out. I know HDN is a much better coach than O and we have better talent than what Cut left him but I have revised my expectations to 7-5 and a liberty bowl birth because that is definatly possible. If we get to 8 or 9 then it is icing on the cake. I see 4-4 in the SEC and 3-1 out of conference. I think we have a shot at running the table at home but the road will be tough. I see 4-0 going to FL as a possibility but may be 3-1 WF scares me they have beat or butts 2 times already. FL definate L. SC I count as a W but it scares me. AL in AL we all know what our record is there definate L. AR I think maybe more of a definate W than any other game. I know I will hear it from the Hog nuts but I mean come on what team has lost more talent than AR. If they even had half the people they lost back I would probably give them the W the way they have owned us the last decade so honestly not trying to flame. Auburn at home is the iffy that I could see going either way so I put it as an L and if we win then great. Then W against ULM L at LSU though they have lost a lot of talnet too. Finish W at home against state cause it is at home. I know the math says 8-4 minimum but those kinds of projections scare me after the last Admin so I will expect 7-5 and see what happens. Anyaway just like I said IMHO.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

if you can dream it, it can happen.................. 8)
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Wake Forest beat our butts 1 time. Mizzou beat our butts twice. The WF game was 2 years ago when Patrick Willis was our one-man defense, getting some assists from Jamarca and Rory Johnson (did not play in WF game). If you went to the game you will never forget the rain, the 2 hour delay, and the Deacons running no more than 8 different offensive plays and killing us 27-3. The Deacons will not be able to dominate our DL this year. Look for a nice win there. However, starting 4-0 does not mean we will do any better than 6-6; 7 wins is more likely, but 8 may be asking too much with our schedule. If we get 8 wins, we might be heading to Atlanta - honestly.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

RebelFIL wrote:Wake Forest beat our butts 1 time. Mizzou beat our butts twice. The WF game was 2 years ago when Patrick Willis was our one-man defense, getting some assists from Jamarca and Rory Johnson (did not play in WF game). If you went to the game you will never forget the rain, the 2 hour delay, and the Deacons running no more than 8 different offensive plays and killing us 27-3. The Deacons will not be able to dominate our DL this year. Look for a nice win there. However, starting 4-0 does not mean we will do any better than 6-6; 7 wins is more likely, but 8 may be asking too much with our schedule. If we get 8 wins, we might be heading to Atlanta - honestly.
Yeah that game was a double kick straight in the pants. Not only was the weather awful, the game itself was a train wreck. They ran the same offensive play over and over and time and time again we used the same failed defensive strategy. It was awful. Then right at the end we had a spark of hope falling on the shoulders of a nervous QB and, well, it didn't end well. It was awful. I was honestly kind of *beep* that I went, spent the money on a hotel, and got completely saturated for nothing. Ugh. I'd be looking for revenge...!!
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

I hear people say we have more talent but I know we don't have the depth to compete every week in the SEC. I remember Nutt said he hoped to get 25 signed and in school. He said that because he knows the depth issue is major problem at Ole Miss. Yeah, O signed some great athletes but a lot did not make it because of grades and problems. Hell, it's taken us three years to get Powe on the field.(fingers crossed)

Here's to a fun year ahead, let's hope the kids stay healthy, make their grades and stay out of trouble and let the chips fall where they may. After all. I'd rather be a Rebel than a coonass, tiger, elephant, bulldog, door, cock, pig, gator, vol, cat or any other piece of *beep* that's out there.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?” Robert Browning
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Memphis Jack wrote:“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?” Robert Browning
"The secret to success is to offend as many people as possible."
-----George Bernard Shaw
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

USCrebel wrote:
Memphis Jack wrote:“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?” Robert Browning
-----George Bernard Shaw
In recognition of your success:

You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

"The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."

---George S. Patton.

I trust the height of our bounce will be great!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I believe at the end of this season we will at least be bowl eligible. Right now we have so many things that are just uncertain. There are a lot of talented players on this team that have come really close to winning some big games the last two seasons so it wouldn't be a surprise if we did win a few more than six but I'm not counting on it. One would think with better coaching the team could have a slight advantage in those close games. Also, from what we learned from the Brent Schafer hype, at this point we can't count on there being any consistancy at QB.

Overall I think the team will be better, but we can't tell if that will translate significantly in the w column.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Memphis Jack wrote:"The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."

---George S. Patton.

and the winner is...MemphisJack
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

USCrebel wrote:
-----George Bernard Shaw
Shaw could have been an extraordinary success these days without breaking a sweat...
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Memphis Jack wrote:"The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."

---George S. Patton.

Hate to say this but we went splat. We are trying to pick up the dribble after putting air in a new ball.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

[quote="bleuwolfe"][quote="Memphis Jack"]"The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."

---George S. Patton.

I trust the height of our bounce will be great![/quote]

and the winner is...MemphisJack[/quote]

Thank you. Thank you very much. (Spoken with an appropriately slurred voice.)
HOOTEREB
Water Boy
Water Boy

Thats what Coach Nutt Is trying to do...weed the non believers out. I have been following the Rebels for more than 30 years.. I feel better about having Coach Nutt as our coach, than I ever have. Its our time.. just sit back and watch us turn it up a notch... 8)