Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Ole Miss is #7. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPPeeF_dvqk
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

RichmondVAReb wrote:Ole Miss is #7. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPPeeF_dvqk
As voted by some 12 y/o from who-knows-where? Come on, Wake Forest?!

Here are my top ten.

1. Michigan - The Victors
2. Oklahoma - Boomer Sooner
3. Cal - The Big "C"
4. Wisconsin - On Wisconsin
5. Yale - Boola Boola
6. USC - Fight On! (Not the Conquest fanfare that fool included... it is only played at the end of a game we have one... not as a fight song.)
7. Ole Miss - Forward Rebels
8. Ohio State - Buckeye Battle Cry
9. Georgia Tech - Rambling Wreck
10.LSU - Fight for LSU
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

#1T GT Rambling Wreck
#1T ND Victory March
#2 - 10 others

even non sports fans recognize these tunes..
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I'll keep forward rebs somewhere in there, but a fight song list isn't worth it if Florida and Notre Dame aren't in it.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

My favorite is Michigan's "Hail to the Victors." It was also my high school's fight song so it conjures up good memories every time I hear it.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

For me its OK- Boomer Sooner & Ole Miss - Forward Rebel's. Must be getting closer to kickoff can hear those tunes now. Hotty Toddy
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Who did this list??

Alabama at #10? Really? It's a MODERATELY amusing tune at best. Notre Dame should've been higher, too... not that I'm a fan but it's just one of those songs that you just KNOW when you hear it. And I could've lived a lifetime without hearing Wake again... it isn't even a good tune. And Kansas to me sounds like a cartoon theme song. Too much flute (needs more cowbell!) or something. I'd put USC at like #2... I've always LOVED their song. Tribute to Troy, I think it's called. Also really like Rocky Top... I know that'll get me banned in a hurry. Definitely wouldn't have put Ohio State at the #1 spot, either. This whole list is AFU!
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Dixie is both the oldest fight song and the best...
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

As a young 12 year old boy I walked into old Tulane Stadium for the 1958 Sugar Bowl. I had never seen a sight like that 88,000 seat stadium filled with fans of the teams playing, Texas vs Ole Miss. A Rebel Flag that covered the entire football field waved as the trumpets blasted those eight wonderful, soul-stirring notes quickly followed by the whole band playing "Dixie". That moment etched within me a love for Ole Miss that today still causes goose-bumps to form whenever those 8 notes are played. Ole Miss went on to beat Texas severely. I go to you tube and listen often to the band in the Grove and anxiously await kickoff time again. The Ole Miss fight song to me shall always be that combination of "Rebel March," then Hotty Toddy, then Dixie!! And by the way, Go To Hell, LSU.
I am READY, RU
RUE
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Y'all know I bleed red and blue, but honestly I've never cared for Forward Rebels. I think we could have done a lot better, but it's the fight song and I still cheer when I hear it. I do like the way that the basketball band does it. Much more up-tempo and the drummer goes into half-time in the middle to give it a cool jazzy feel. Not possible with a full band certainly and the drummer this past season for basketball was GOOD. (BTW, ever notice how EVERYTHING is faster at basketball games? HT, Forward Rebels, and everything else is faster. Must be the enclosed space making it reverb off the walls...)

Now Dixie is #1 by far. Then of course ND (even though I can't stand them), Michigan, Florida, etc. All the popular ones.

One non-fight song fight song that I've always liked was LSU's "Hey Fighting Tigers".
GO REBELS!!!
tubaman65
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hey friends, if ya like music, here's a cool link concerning all those fight songs. Dixie does it for me...kinda gets the blood pumping ya know. Most of the schools use old marches written for the military way back when. http://fightmusic.com is the address.