So just how good is this guy (Powe)?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

badmotorfinger wrote:You should all look at this link on the daily journal.
http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp ... div=Sports

Notice the pole question about the impact Powe will make. After you vote you can make comments. After that you can view the other comments made by others. What morons! Obviously there are some state fans that have been following the story. :disgust:

I don't think they want to come to grips with the fact that the rebel D-line will be something feared by many teams this season.
I wonder if those morons know how to spell poll?
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

USCrebel wrote:

Notice the pole question about the impact Powe will make. After you vote you can make comments. After that you can view the other comments made by others. What morons! Obviously there are some state fans that have been following the story. :disgust:

I don't think they want to come to grips with the fact that the rebel D-line will be something feared by many teams this season.
Saw this on a tee-shirt somewhere: "Bad spelling makes me [sic]."
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

MtownRebel wrote:
Hagar wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:Yall are all a bunch of dorks. On a serious note, I just watched his videos for the 10th time and he has that NFL type size/speed combo. Looks kinda like Shaun Rogers without being so d*** lazy. I think he and Laurent will fight for he job with Powe winning into the season. But when nxt year rolls around and Jerry is gone, them two and Scott will be domnant. Powe will be good this year, but next year he will be the man with both Hardy (hes gonna go pro npo matter what) and Jerry gone.
If I were a betting man I would almost be willing to bet Greg Hardy stays for his SR. yr.

Greg gets a bad rap from a lot of folks but the kid I know is a good un. I like him bunches. He has never been anything but polite and outgoing every time I have had the chance to speak to him and that is way more than a lot of even the reporters and Naysayers do.
He does not do too bad in the class room either.

Sounds like he just had trouble with Orgeron. And let's face it, which one of us didn't have trouble with Orgeron?

In Powe News, this is my favorite quote of the day:

Powe, in a statement released by the university, said he was grateful to Ole Miss and the SEC for the chance "to prove that I can succeed academically and on the football field." Until he's done that, he said he won't give interviews.

"There are other Ole Miss student athletes who are more deserving of your time and interest since they have already proven themselves," Powe said.
RebinGA
Water Boy
Water Boy

BigTrev34 wrote:Yall are all a bunch of dorks.
Hey - we ain't the one wearing a flouresent t-shirt, a tutu, and posing like Jim Carey ala mental iInstitute scene from the first Pet Detective. :lol: 8O :P
BART: I'll tell you a story so scary, you will wet your pants.
Grandpa: Too Late.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

USCrebel wrote:

Thanks for the spail chek USCreb :wink:
Rule #1.......Don't panik
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

badmotorfinger wrote: Thanks for the spail chek USCreb :wink:
No problem. Boring day, except for the earthquake thingy.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

In Powe News, this is my favorite quote of the day:

Powe, in a statement released by the university, said he was grateful to Ole Miss and the SEC for the chance "to prove that I can succeed academically and on the football field." Until he's done that, he said he won't give interviews.

"There are other Ole Miss student athletes who are more deserving of your time and interest since they have already proven themselves," Powe said.
My favorite is:
"My journey is just beginning."

And, Mr. Powe, may I add that it be a long and glorious journey, too!