Assuming Trahan makes it...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

How good is our defense now?

Powe is in. Trahan gets in(hypothetically for now).

I we're thin at db and not great. But does this make that not matter AS much? Powe puts more pressure on the QB and Trahan does the same. Less time for the QB means less coverage for the db's.

What do y'all think?

Of course, this is all if these guys are as good as advertised.
Some Random Dude
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:How good is our defense now?

Powe is in. Trahan gets in(hypothetically for now).

I we're thin at db and not great. But does this make that not matter AS much? Powe puts more pressure on the QB and Trahan does the same. Less time for the QB means less coverage for the db's.

What do y'all think?

Of course, this is all if these guys are as good as advertised.
yep, the better the dline the better the secondary, being a Denver fan I know this all too well :lol:
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Trahan is in the media guide. He must be okay to go.

Kidding aside, all information is he made his grades and is waiting on the English and Math courses to be okayed. No clearinghouse here, he is a JUCO grad.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

One of the pay sites, cannot remember which one I read it on, said his final is July 31 but all things look good.
done

parrotreb wrote:Trahan is in the media guide. He must be okay to go.
Now whose wit is "cudgel-like" :lol:
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Rebchuck18 wrote:
parrotreb wrote:Trahan is in the media guide. He must be okay to go.
Now whose wit is "cudgel-like" :lol:
Guilty. I'll stop the cudgeling.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

If the D-line is going to be as good and deep as we all think, the sucess will definitely trickle down to the LBs and secondary. With an effective front four, different schemes are opened up to the rest of the defense.

Its my belief that this D-line is the most talented that UM has had in several years. It will be fun to see how Powe does in practice and how quick he comes out of the gate.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

badmotorfinger wrote:If the D-line is going to be as good and deep as we all think, the sucess will definitely trickle down to the LBs and secondary. With an effective front four, different schemes are opened up to the rest of the defense.

Its my belief that this D-line is the most talented that UM has had in several years. It will be fun to see how Powe does in practice and how quick he comes out of the gate.
I agree. What I have not heard said is that Powe is in fact 21 and has a more mature frame than when he was 18 or 19. I cannot tell you why but I think that means that he will be able to be even more dominant than had he come in as a true freshman.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:If the D-line is going to be as good and deep as we all think, the sucess will definitely trickle down to the LBs and secondary. With an effective front four, different schemes are opened up to the rest of the defense.

I agree. What I have not heard said is that Powe is in fact 21 and has a more mature frame than when he was 18 or 19. I cannot tell you why but I think that means that he will be able to be even more dominant than had he come in as a true freshman.
I thought about that also. But he hasn't been on a weight program and practicing this whole time. I think he's gonna be good, but rusty. I just hope he can shake of the rust quickly.
Some Random Dude
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:

Haven't thought about that. A little off the subject, omsports has him listed as a sophmore. How many years of eligability does he have to play?
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:
rebeloke wrote:

I thought about that also. But he hasn't been on a weight program and practicing this whole time. I think he's gonna be good, but rusty. I just hope he can shake of the rust quickly.
I think he's going to come along quick. It takes a driven person to overcome what he has, so i think that's going to show quick on the field. Plus, now he has people saying he's going to be in the same jam with his grades after the first semester. I can really see him playing with a lot of passion and a chip on his shoulder.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewindha wrote: But he hasn't been on a weight program and practicing this whole time.
He has done both religiously for 2 years. I have seen his workout regimen several times myself personally. He was 386 last summer and is now down to 340 and was recently timed at 5.1 in the 40... Chuck himself said that he was running steps of the stadium with the Linebackers last week. doesn't sound like he is too out of shape to me.
Later,
Hagar
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

It will be better. Powe should be able to come in the rotation with Scott, Jerry and Laurent. Trahan should get some time and will prolly be starting by SEC play. That being said, it didnt upgrade my biggest concern, CB. Its all on how effective Marshay Green/Brandon McGee/Demareo Marr can be. I think Mouzon will be starting and its up to the other corner to solidify the secondary.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Hagar wrote:
lewindha wrote: But he hasn't been on a weight program and practicing this whole time.
He has done both religiously for 2 years. I have seen his workout regimen several times myself personally. He was 386 last summer and is now down to 340 and was recently timed at 5.1 in the 40... Chuck himself said that he was running steps of the stadium with the Linebackers last week. doesn't sound like he is too out of shape to me.
Powe is a beast any way they want to slice it. I would crap in my pants if I knew I had to face him. Speed is something that can be cut down but mostly it is God-given. Powe has a half step that is quicker than anything that has come through these parts in a long time. Nationally he is a once in a decade player. Rust is for QBs not for linemen. Now granted his moves may need to be sharpened because he will need to get into a rhythm but he has 95% of whatever had back then and I am going to say the maturity factor will bump him up to 110%. In two years he is going to be an NFL lineman playing in the SEC.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Forget the workouts... have you seen the size of that dude?? I'm scared of him from HERE. 8O He may not even need to move off the line... just stand there and intimidate and watch the opposition fall like dominoes.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.