Assuming Trahan makes it...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

RebelConvert wrote:Forget the workouts... have you seen the size of that dude?? I'm scared of him from HERE. 8O He may not even need to move off the line... just stand there and intimidate and watch the opposition fall like dominoes.
in spring practice I went into the IPF (where they were practicing) and saw Michael Oher dressed in pads and Powe walked up and stood in front of him (to tell him something) WITHOUT pads and Michael disappeared from view. I was shocked, to say the least. He is definitley a "wide body".
Later,
Hagar
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Hagar wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:Forget the workouts... have you seen the size of that dude?? I'm scared of him from HERE. 8O He may not even need to move off the line... just stand there and intimidate and watch the opposition fall like dominoes.
in spring practice I went into the IPF (where they were practicing) and saw Michael Oher dressed in pads and Powe walked up and stood in front of him (to tell him something) WITHOUT pads and Michael disappeared from view. I was shocked, to say the least. He is definitley a "wide body".
How wide are the doors to the IPF??? Someone must have had measure with forethought...
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

felicianareb wrote:
Hagar wrote:
How wide are the doors to the IPF??? Someone must have had measure with forethought...
No, I have it on good authority from a very credible source that they built the IPF around Mr. Powe. He never leaves, and HDN employs an actor in a body suit to impersonate him about campus.

Subsequently, the IPF will be dismantled on Aug 30th at or around 4pm.
L. S. WHO?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

oxpatchreb wrote:
felicianareb wrote:
Hagar wrote: in spring practice I went into the IPF (where they were practicing) and saw Michael Oher dressed in pads and Powe walked up and stood in front of him (to tell him something) WITHOUT pads and Michael disappeared from view. I was shocked, to say the least. He is definitley a "wide body".

No, I have it on good authority from a very credible source that they built the IPF around Mr. Powe. He never leaves, and HDN employs an actor in a body suit to impersonate him about campus.

I heard that the actor is Eddie Murphy ala The Nutty Professor or Norbit. He's leading the pack in the race for the portrayal of Mr. Powe when his story makes it to the big screen.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:
felicianareb wrote:
Hagar wrote: in spring practice I went into the IPF (where they were practicing) and saw Michael Oher dressed in pads and Powe walked up and stood in front of him (to tell him something) WITHOUT pads and Michael disappeared from view. I was shocked, to say the least. He is definitley a "wide body".

So Powe's going to stand between 2 columns & push? Now that will set the right tone for the 08 season!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

I guess we now know how they are going to lift the jumbotron onto the supports.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
Footballexpert
Water Boy
Water Boy

Trahan will be eligible tomorow evening. :D
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Footballexpert wrote:Trahan will be eligible tomorow evening. :D
Good news.
L. S. WHO?
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Nice first post.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:
Nice first post.
Well, he IS the football expert....
L. S. WHO?
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

BigTrev34 wrote:It will be better. Powe should be able to come in the rotation with Scott, Jerry and Laurent. Trahan should get some time and will prolly be starting by SEC play. That being said, it didnt upgrade my biggest concern, CB. Its all on how effective Marshay Green/Brandon McGee/Demareo Marr can be. I think Mouzon will be starting and its up to the other corner to solidify the secondary.
People don't realize the importance of having a good corner back. He is mostly alone on an island and has to read and react in an instant. Having good corner backs funnel everything into the middle of the field and he can shut down one side of the field or open it up for the other team. Pressure from the front four will help but a good corner can make up a lot of ground.
That's why I approach this season with caution. We are shy on depth in a lot of areas and if we have a few injuries, it could get ugly. I think it will be a fun year with some ups and downs. I hope more ups than downs.

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I like the analysis and support for the CB position. Dominating defenses always have exceptional corners. However, you can make an argument for the great importance of any defensive position. I believe everyone remembers last year when the LBs were inexperience, injured, and terrible for much of the season. One truth is that the DL is the first unit that must be accounted for by an offense, corners are secondary (pun intended).
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

I heard Powe is 1/8 cherokee decent! Because he ate an f'n Indian!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

If we could only get Chuck Norris now. With Chuck and Powe, we wouldn't need no stinking cornerbacks. They would have to come to some agreement on rotating who ran the ball into the end zone because the offense would simply hand it over out of fear.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The expert was...well correct.