Good story of Texas A&M D-lineman with a learning disabi

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Every spring I look at the NFL draft picks for the Seahawks. They're my team. For their 4th round pick this spring they got what they thought was a steal in DT Red Bryant from Texas A&M. I looked a little bit to find a link to the press conference Mike Holmgren had talking about this guy to post from seahawks.com. You could probably find one if you looked hard enough.

One of the reasons he felt like he had to have Red Bryant was his character. In the interview with Bryant, Holmgren found out he was dyslexic. He was impressed with his determination just to be a student athlete with a learning disability and to graduate. He felt like someone who had to overcome obstacles like that would be an asset to his team.

Powe has a long way to go but it can happen with the support of family, friends, teamates, and fans. Sorry to ramble, I just thought I would pass that along.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Dude... the Seahawks?? Really? :eek2:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

RebelConvert wrote:Dude... the Seahawks?? Really? :eek2:
That's where im from. I know I haven't had much to cheer for but it could still be worse. :D Who do you like that' s so good?
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

badmotorfinger wrote:
That's where im from. I know I haven't had much to cheer for but it could still be worse. :D Who do you like that' s so good?
Honestly not a huge NFL fan. Of course I had to cheer for the Giants with Eli and all. And the Saints because of Deuce... and I loved the Broncos back in the day because I shook Mr. John Elway's hand once... but I'm not really all that into the NFL. I'll probably start paying closer attention to the Texans being so close to them, but nothing serious. I just never met an actual Seahawks fan... I mean, the fairweather kind when they were on a roll, but never a real fan. I'm just surprised is all.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

RebelConvert wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:
Honestly not a huge NFL fan. Of course I had to cheer for the Giants with Eli and all. And the Saints because of Deuce... and I loved the Broncos back in the day because I shook Mr. John Elway's hand once... but I'm not really all that into the NFL. I'll probably start paying closer attention to the Texans being so close to them, but nothing serious. I just never met an actual Seahawks fan... I mean, the fairweather kind when they were on a roll, but never a real fan. I'm just surprised is all.
yeah im a giants fan as well. Awesome super bowl
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

badmotorfinger wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote: That's where im from. I know I haven't had much to cheer for but it could still be worse. :D Who do you like that' s so good?
yeah im a giants fan as well. Awesome super bowl
Yeah it really was. I look forward to a repeat... :D
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I enjoyed Willie Green as a seahawk... and I like Holmgren too. Chris Spencer ain't too shabby either.
Later,
Hagar
done

I think it is a record....RC more or less hijacked the thread in one reply...from a heartwarming human interest thread to a hate on Seahawks thread!

Well played young lady 8)
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:I think it is a record....RC more or less hijacked the thread in one reply...from a heartwarming human interest thread to a hate on Seahawks thread!

Well played young lady 8)
... the student is now the teacher...