d***...Laurent has KNEE SURGERY

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Oxford, MS (Sports Network) - Ole Miss sophomore defensive tackle Ted Laurent underwent arthroscopic knee surgery to repair a torn lateral meniscus in his right knee, the team announced Tuesday.

"We hated the injury happed to Ted, but we're glad the surgery has fixed the problem," Ole Miss head coach Houston Nutt said. "We can't wait to have him back on the field with us."

The 6-foot, 303-pounder saw action in seven games as a true freshman last season and was expected to start at nose tackle this season for the Rebels. There is no set timetable for his return.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Not to worry...a torn meniscus isn't a big deal. He should recover quickly.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

badmotorfinger wrote:Not to worry...a torn meniscus isn't a big deal. He should recover quickly.
It's a big deal to folks who just have to walk... it's a HUGE deal when you have to run. I hope he gets better soon.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

RebelConvert wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:Not to worry...a torn meniscus isn't a big deal. He should recover quickly.
It's a big deal to folks who just have to walk... it's a HUGE deal when you have to run. I hope he gets better soon.
Had he damaged one of the major ligaments in his knee he would have been out for the year and possibly for his career. With a torn meniscus he'll miss some practice time. No its not that big of a deal.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

2-4 work recovery time I believe. He will probably be out Memphis and maybe one more.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

badmotorfinger wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:
Had he damaged one of the major ligaments in his knee he would have been out for the year and possibly for his career. With a torn meniscus he'll miss some practice time. No its not that big of a deal.
Actually it depends on the extent of the tear. If they had to remove 50% of his meniscus then it is going to be a longer recovery. If it was a slight tear and they only had to remove 10% or less then it may not be that long a recovery. If they on had to remove a small piece that folded he could be back in a week or two.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebeloke wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:
RebelConvert wrote: It's a big deal to folks who just have to walk... it's a HUGE deal when you have to run. I hope he gets better soon.
Actually it depends on the extent of the tear. If they had to remove 50% of his meniscus then it is going to be a longer recovery. If it was a slight tear and they only had to remove 10% or less then it may not be that long a recovery. If they on had to remove a small piece that folded he could be back in a week or two.
I had a scope 2 years ago for a meniscus tear. Immobilizer for 4 weeks and crutches for 6. Doctor told me that had the MRI shown the true extent of the damage to the meniscus, he would not have scoped it.

Hopefully, Ted's is a relatively straight-forward repair.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.