WARNING: NEGATIVITY TO ENSUE!!!!! Somewhere in the dark

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

oxpatchreb
All American
All American

recesses of my mind glows a nagging, sinister, flickering flame.

With all the recent "mini successes" with our football program leading up to this season boding such good things;

Powe is in, Trahan will likely qualify AND contribute, Jumbotron, pundits picking us for the preseason sleeper/most improved/cover the spread awards, all the perceived harmony among HC's and AC's, 5pm NEY!!! 6pm kickoffs, Snead looks really good, t-shrits ripping off Mr Peanut, cantankerous OM fans on other SEC message boards shoveling wheelbarrows of cyber attitude, a solid stable of backs, best D-line in conference/nation talk.....

Without using the J-word, Am I the only one feeling, um.... portentous?
L. S. WHO?
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxpatchreb wrote:recesses of my mind glows a nagging, sinister, flickering flame.

With all the recent "mini successes" with our football program leading up to this season boding such good things;

Powe is in, Trahan will likely qualify AND contribute, Jumbotron, pundits picking us for the preseason sleeper/most improved/cover the spread awards, all the perceived harmony among HC's and AC's, 5pm NEY!!! 6pm kickoffs, Snead looks really good, t-shrits ripping off Mr Peanut, cantankerous OM fans on other SEC message boards shoveling wheelbarrows of cyber attitude, a solid stable of backs, best D-line in conference/nation talk.....

No
twlong
Water Boy
Water Boy

no negativity we are finally looking real good everything is shaping up and falling into place where it should be and should have been. last season is enough negative energy for me
optimism is more fun than dwelling on the past
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm pumped.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

oxpatchreb wrote:recesses of my mind glows a nagging, sinister, flickering flame.

You are feeling ominous, sinister?
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
cajunrebel

My biggest concern these last few weeks is keeping our players out of trouble. DISCLAIMER => I'm not saying we have bad kids!!! I'm merely noting that every day another player from Bama, Arky, Miss St, etc. is getting arrested by the po-po and it's scaring me. This to me is our wildcard that we have to hope our kids are too busy training to go out and get in trouble.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Don't make me slap the $ii*t out of you! :wink:
Later,
Hagar
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I just want to see thes guys coach and play.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
done

Okay, okay I am trying to channel the learned professor from the left coast since he has not chimed in yet.....I think he would say....

"Optimism is for Sissies" 8)

But we have already established that I am a sissy with the whole crying thing, so I remain (cautiously) optimistic.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Rebchuck18 wrote:Okay, okay I am trying to channel the learned professor from the left coast since he has not chimed in yet.....I think he would say....

But we have already established that I am a sissy with the whole crying thing, so I remain (cautiously) optimistic.
You get a pass based on the Ripley's moment. It's only good until the baby is born and then all bets are off.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

parrotreb wrote:

I was going for #2 here:

WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This
portentous

adjective
1. of momentous or ominous significance; "such a portentous...monster raised all my curiosity"- Herman Melville; "a prodigious vision"
2. ominously prophetic [syn: fateful]
3. puffed up with vanity; "a grandiloquent and boastful manner"; "overblown oratory"; "a pompous speech"; "pseudo-scientific gobbledygook and pontifical hooey"- Newsweek [syn: grandiloquent]

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

Do you think I over shot? 8)
L. S. WHO?
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

oxpatchreb wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

I was going for #2 here:

WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This
portentous

adjective
1. of momentous or ominous significance; "such a portentous...monster raised all my curiosity"- Herman Melville; "a prodigious vision"
2. ominously prophetic [syn: fateful]
3. puffed up with vanity; "a grandiloquent and boastful manner"; "overblown oratory"; "a pompous speech"; "pseudo-scientific gobbledygook and pontifical hooey"- Newsweek [syn: grandiloquent]

WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

Do you think I over shot? 8)
No, but #3 needs a picture of USC beside it!! :lol:
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Okay, okay I am trying to channel the learned professor from the left coast since he has not chimed in yet.....I think he would say....

I'm just going to climb into a bottle of Jim Beam on Aug 30th at 3pm and not exit until the season is over. I want OM to succeed so badly that the inevitable mis-steps along the way hurt like a thousand hot needles poking my eyes. Maybe Jim will help a little.
L. S. WHO?
done

oxpatchreb wrote:

I'm just going to climb into a bottle of Jim Beam on Aug 30th at 3pm and not exit until the season is over. I want OM to succeed so badly that the inevitable mis-steps along the way hurt like a thousand hot needles poking my eyes. Maybe Jim will help a little.
Just remember if there were no bogeys, birdies would lose some of their luster. 8)
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:

Just remember if there were no bogeys, birdies would lose some of their luster. 8)
That was an interesting saying. Ever thought of a book something along the lines of Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul? :wink:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.