Tennessee
4%
Vanderbilt
No votes

Total votes: 48
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

So I'm picking Tennessee to win the SEC this year. I effing hate Big Orange, but somehow, I think they are the biggest darkhorse in the conference. Call me crazy, but I think Phat Phil and co. will turn heads this season (and I really hate saying that). Anyone care to refute this, call me an idiot, slash my tires, agree, or anything? BTW, this is really just another conversation starter, and I can't quite remember if we've had a "Who will win the SEC?" thread yet or not (if so, disregard).

For added fun, I'm including a poll: Who will win the SEC this year?
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

So I just picked UGA, they have by far the best team in the league this year. Their QB is experienced and is a leader.... not to mention their running back. Sure they have a tough schedule and sure they will lose 1 or 2, but if they get to the SEC championship game they will beat the hell out of whoever from the west makes it in.
don't question my knowledge
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I said TN would win the East earlier so I have to stick with that. I am assuming whoever wins the East wins the SEC.
cajunrebel

After looking at all of the schedules for our SEC brothers, I chose Auburn. Georgia may have the experience coming back but they have a brutal schedule and I think they lose at least two. Auburn has a favorable home schedule with their hardest away games being West Virginina, us and Bama. Luckliy we get Auburn at home the week after W. Va so maybe we catch them tired and off guard.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Georgia should win the SEC, but you gotta love that it is not a lock.

Georgia is above the average in the SEC at every defensive position. They have a good OL, excellent RBs, good QB, and average SEC receivers. Most importantly, they are not trying to break-in a bunch of first-year guys, like they were the past 2 years.

Florida will be very weak on defense, unless all of the freshman step-up (if so they could easily be NCs).

Tennessee will have yet another exceptional offense, but their front 7 on defense are very questionable if not quite a weakness.

Auburn should be great, AGAIN, on defense; but wait, no Muschamp this year. If their WRs are great blockers, they could be scary on offense (the playmakers are QB, RB, TE who is an ex-RB). If this offense works, Auburn will have a shot at the SEC, but could end up 3 or 4 in the West.

LSU obviously has the talent to win the SEC, but they lost a lot and didn't exactly dominate the SEC last year. However, the young talent is probably better than the veterans who they lost. If QB play is strong and the hunger is still in the players after last year's high, then watch out!

Ole Miss or Alabama could slide in, but very unlikely. Ole Miss will be weak, by SEC standards, in the secondary. Alabama will be weak, by most Big 6 standards, in the defensive front 7.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

I'm taking Florida becase I think Meyer is a better coach than Richt, who is the nicer guy.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:I'm taking Florida becase I think Meyer is a better coach than Richt, who is the nicer guy.
hate to say it, but I agree
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I think Georgia will win. I think this season will be Richts best chance. He might not get it in a while. His offense will be a well-oiled machine. I also think the teams will have Tebow's number a little bit more than last year.

There are just so many ifs and uncertainties. As much as I hate to say it, we can't really count out Alabama either. According to some, they had the no. 1 recruiting class. Sometimes that's all teams need is a couple of true freshmen to step up big to elevate the teams game. After all, isn't that what several of us are hoping? And don't be to sure about Auburn and LSU. Both COULD have unsuspectingly bad seasons.

Its going to be a wild race in both divisions. Love the SEC.

Hotty Toddy.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

The SEC will be the SEC. Take TN-GA-FL throw a hat over them and whoever runs out could be our winner. Don't forget about our Rebels either. Nutt has a way of getting things done. Remember his 1st year at AR 9-3 with a 6-5 team Danny Ford left. NO reason he can't do the same in Oxford. Hotty Toddy
done

Meyer and Tebow = Florida for me....

Richt is a cool guy, Georgia is a great place and school, but I just see Florida.
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

Yup, I have Florida as well. On paper, I think UGA has the better team, but as one of you said in an earlier post, the schedule is wayyyyy too brutal, and Meyer is a better caoch than Richt.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

I'm going UGA in the East and Auburn in the West. Either could win it all, but I'm gonna stick with UGA winning it all.
GO REBELS!!!
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I am surprised at how many Georgia votes there are. No doubt, Georgia is good... they have been consistently good for quite some time. But I think my money is on Florida. Personally, I would prefer Georgia win, but the reality is that Tebow is the golden boy.

But... if Florida decides to go with 2 QBs, as was hinted before end of last year, things could change. Not sure. They made it sound like Tebow was having trouble with his shoulder. But I still think Tebow is just too good. I look for Florida to win the SEC. *sigh* Though I do wish it weren't so...
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Tebow is good, no doubt, but I have no confidence in him having a repeat of last year's performance. He will either disappoint OR he'll be injured. You can't carry the rock that many times per game and not get knicked up pretty good. He may never sit, but I guarantee you he'll play a game or two at less than 100%, if not get knocked completely out. And if you don't bring 100% to the table against every SEC opponent then you're bound to lose one.

I think UGA wins the East and the SECCG against Auburn. UGA will split the TENN and UF games. Not sure which will beat the Dawgs but one will and one won't. Unfortunately that one loss will be enough to keep UGA out of the title game against tOSU (who will walk in thanks to a great pre-season ranking and a poor Big Ten schedule).

USC vs. Ohio State in the title game. USC destroys them for the 3rd year in a row. That's my way too early prediction.
GO REBELS!!!
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

UGA is good, but they have some really tough Road games. I think they will win the east, because the winner will have atleast 1 SEC loss.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan