okay, now I am starting to get silly stupid!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I just got to thinking about something. Our front 7 on defense is as good as anyone's. Right? Our wideouts are really good, our backfield is as good as anyone's. Right? Our QB is as good as anyone's save Florida. Right? We are suspect at spots but overall we are a legitimate SEC team. We have great coaches. Right?

So, why should we not expect to win 9 games this year? Other than the fact that we lost every SEC game last year... There are now credible sources saying that we might can win one of the LSU and Florida games, granted it would be an upset. Let's say that we go into Florida game undefeated. The greatest challenge there would be knocking off Wake at Wake. But trust me Wake Forest is like playing in Hattiesburg, although Ole Miss has not faired too well over the years in H'burg. Granted also Vandy is no push over anymore. Just for fun let's say we do knock of Florida at Gainesville. My Lord we could be 5-0 heading into the USC game. More than likely let's say that we are 4-1 heading into that game. I think we can handle USC at home. That puts us at 5-1. Let's say we win one of the two next games and steal one from either Bama or UPig. That means we are 6-2. I would certainly take splitting the LSU and Auburn games. If we could steal one of those we would go to 7-3. We handle LA-Monroe, not pulling a Bama, and that gives us a 8-3 record heading into the MSU game. If we knock of State we go 9-3. Having won one out LSU and FL, it could happen. Having won one out of AL and AR, and that should happen. Having won one out of Auburn, or Wake and that could happen. And then closing out with a win over MSU, and we pray that does happen.

Granted it may not happen but it could. My best case scenario is 9-3 and I hope we do not worse than 7 wins.
done

Hold on there Pilgrim...

Our O Line being good is a fact...

Our WR's being good is a fact...

Our D Line being good is part fact, part supposition

Our Off Backfield being good is total supposition

Our LB's and DB's being good is at this point wishful thinking.

Snead, the RB's, Powe etc. have yet to prove themselves on the field.

So when you get the delusions of grandeur....close your eyes...click your heels together and repeat after me...

Brent Schaeffer's our savior....Brent Schaeffer's our savior....I'm In!.....I'm In!
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebeloke wrote:I just got to thinking about something. Our front 7 on defense is as good as anyone's. Right? Our wideouts are really good, our backfield is as good as anyone's. Right? Our QB is as good as anyone's save Florida. Right? We are suspect at spots but overall we are a legitimate SEC team. We have great coaches. Right?

So, why should we not expect to win 9 games this year? Other than the fact that we lost every SEC game last year... There are now credible sources saying that we might can win one of the LSU and Florida games, granted it would be an upset. Let's say that we go into Florida game undefeated. The greatest challenge there would be knocking off Wake at Wake. But trust me Wake Forest is like playing in Hattiesburg, although Ole Miss has not faired too well over the years in H'burg. Granted also Vandy is no push over anymore. Just for fun let's say we do knock of Florida at Gainesville. My Lord we could be 5-0 heading into the USC game. More than likely let's say that we are 4-1 heading into that game. I think we can handle USC at home. That puts us at 5-1. Let's say we win one of the two next games and steal one from either Bama or UPig. That means we are 6-2. I would certainly take splitting the LSU and Auburn games. If we could steal one of those we would go to 7-3. We handle LA-Monroe, not pulling a Bama, and that gives us a 8-3 record heading into the MSU game. If we knock of State we go 9-3. Having won one out LSU and FL, it could happen. Having won one out of AL and AR, and that should happen. Having won one out of Auburn, or Wake and that could happen. And then closing out with a win over MSU, and we pray that does happen.

Granted it may not happen but it could. My best case scenario is 9-3 and I hope we do not worse than 7 wins.
Easy there fireball.

You could be talking cats and dogs living together, planets aligned and all that other mass hsteria stuff if you keep this up.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:Hold on there Pilgrim...

Our O Line being good is a fact...

Our WR's being good is a fact...

Our D Line being good is part fact, part supposition

Our Off Backfield being good is total supposition

Our LB's and DB's being good is at this point wishful thinking.

Snead, the RB's, Powe etc. have yet to prove themselves on the field.

So when you get the delusions of grandeur....close your eyes...click your heels together and repeat after me...

Brent Schaeffer's our savior....Brent Schaeffer's our savior....I'm In!.....I'm In!
I am better now... the key should have been that his initials are BS!
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

parrotreb wrote:
rebeloke wrote:I just got to thinking about something. Our front 7 on defense is as good as anyone's. Right? Our wideouts are really good, our backfield is as good as anyone's. Right? Our QB is as good as anyone's save Florida. Right? We are suspect at spots but overall we are a legitimate SEC team. We have great coaches. Right?

Easy there fireball.

You could be talking cats and dogs living together, planets aligned and all that other mass hsteria stuff if you keep this up.
Man you do not know how close I was to going all the way with this thing. I could imagine a scenario where we go undefeated. It got bad. I knew I could get some help in here. It looks like I came to the right place.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

rebeloke wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

Easy there fireball.

Man you do not know how close I was to going all the way with this thing. I could imagine a scenario where we go undefeated. It got bad. I knew I could get some help in here. It looks like I came to the right place.
I'm with you to 7, then you are on your own. To giddy for me!!!!
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

parrotreb wrote:
rebeloke wrote:
parrotreb wrote: Easy there fireball.

Truthfully, we want to keep our expectations low at first, cause you do not want to feel anything other than excited if Nutt makes progress. Progress would be 5 or more wins. But I think most of us are hoping to go bowling and in order to do that we need 7 wins more than likely. It is going to be a long season and 7 wins are likely to surface along the way. They may not come from where we expect them. That is the way it always turns out. You win some games you did not think possible and you lose some that you counted on. Under Ed you lost some games you did not count on and then you lost the games you could have won or even should have won. I doubt very seriously that Nutt will be a disappointment. If that guy can lead his team to be LSU at Baton Rouge last year I would follow him anywhere. I am on board and trying not to get crazy stupid. But we are going to have one of the better teams on paper in recent memory and the coaching staff to get the most out of them. What really pumps me up is to think that Ed sucked so bad and he still almost beat LSU and FL. Under Nutt crazy things are possible. Who would have thought UPig goes down there and beats LSU last year?
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I think someone is still wearing his "O Zone" t-shirt to bed at night :lol:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
RebelBond
Scout Team
Scout Team

Holy *beep*, where's the Tylenol !!

RebelBond
www.bigfoamyhead.com

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig.
- Paul Dickson
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

RebelBond wrote:Holy *beep*, where's the Tylenol !!

RebelBond
"A membership to the Nutt of the Month Club? That's the gift that keeps on givin' the whoooooole year round Clark!!!"
L. S. WHO?
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

rebeloke wrote:
parrotreb wrote:
rebeloke wrote: Man you do not know how close I was to going all the way with this thing. I could imagine a scenario where we go undefeated. It got bad. I knew I could get some help in here. It looks like I came to the right place.
Truthfully, we want to keep our expectations low at first, cause you do not want to feel anything other than excited if Nutt makes progress. Progress would be 5 or more wins. But I think most of us are hoping to go bowling and in order to do that we need 7 wins more than likely. It is going to be a long season and 7 wins are likely to surface along the way. They may not come from where we expect them. That is the way it always turns out. You win some games you did not think possible and you lose some that you counted on. Under Ed you lost some games you did not count on and then you lost the games you could have won or even should have won. I doubt very seriously that Nutt will be a disappointment. If that guy can lead his team to be LSU at Baton Rouge last year I would follow him anywhere. I am on board and trying not to get crazy stupid. But we are going to have one of the better teams on paper in recent memory and the coaching staff to get the most out of them. What really pumps me up is to think that Ed sucked so bad and he still almost beat LSU and FL. Under Nutt crazy things are possible. Who would have thought UPig goes down there and beats LSU last year?
Good assessment. My thoughts exactly.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
RebinGA
Water Boy
Water Boy

RebelConvert wrote:I think someone is still wearing his "O Zone" t-shirt to bed at night :lol:
FOR SALE: one O-zone tee-shirt - like new, only worn two times in the privacy of my own home while listening to the first two Memphis games, closet kept, on a hanger, in the dark to avoid fading. Make offer.

I supported big O until the last ten minutes of last years egg bowl. Even as dilusinal as I am, I knew once we went into prevent defense he had to go.
BART: I'll tell you a story so scary, you will wet your pants.
Grandpa: Too Late.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Me too! I spoke out, bravely, about my support for Coach O throughout the season; that we didn't quite have enough talent in enough places, but that this year (2008) would actually be the year. But after the Egg Bowl debacle, I turned immediately. It was like the proverbial straw breaking the camel's back. I don't think you and I are alone on this. It seems Boone and Khayat felt the same. Thanks for putting yourself out there today.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

RebelFIL wrote: But after the Egg Bowl debacle, I turned immediately. It was like the proverbial straw breaking the camel's back. I don't think you and I are alone on this.
I spoke words in front of my mama that she'd never heard out of my mouth. That Egg Bowl brought out the worst in a lot of folks.
academy reb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Jevan Snead has been here for two Spring Practices and two Summers, plus one Fall with the Scout Team.

Brent arrived after the second Summer Semester. There was too little time to instill whatever the system was into him. A lot of that was Brent's fault, and a lot was "O" and his offensive co-ordinator.

The point is Snead is a lot further along than Brent was or is to this day. The story is not, nor will be, the same.

As long as he doesn't get hurt, we are better at the QB spot than we've been when we walked off the Cotton Bowl field in 2003.

2008 could be a very good year for the Rebels.
I only like helmeted sports, hockey, baseball, football, war.