Who do you want to see the Rebs beat in 2008?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

This is a question that is exceedingly difficult for me. I want to beat Alabama, Auburn, LSU, MSU, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida and Vanderbilt. Even though we don't play them this year, I want Tennessee to lose every time they step on the field.

When I sit down to weigh my dislike for Alabama, LSU and MSU, I feel dirty. Greasy, stinky dirty. Even the thought of them makes me feel dirty. In their own inimitable ways, they all may be considered trashy, trashier and and trashiest at the same time. Their arrogance is like Mississippi delta mud, once you step in it, you can't wash it off and it grows thicker with each step. Each have a panoply of offensive qualities that one would think could not exist elsewhere in the universe. Yet, they do exist and grow in relatively close proximity to one another. Each have their own incestuous nature about themselves and have mercy if they should inter-marry. Quite frankly, I do not know how other schools can are able to resist the pull of the filth these 3 schools exert.

In the end, I think it would be inherently unfair to have to pick one of the three. You pick one and you feel like you have let fair-minded people down the world over. You then pick another and the same feeling arises again. It's like trying to pick which gold-digging, spirit-sapping, soul-killing ex-wife/GF you dislike least. So, I cannot select just one.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
cajunrebel

parrotreb wrote:This is a question that is exceedingly difficult for me. I want to beat Alabama, Auburn, LSU, MSU, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida and Vanderbilt. Even though we don't play them this year, I want Tennessee to lose every time they step on the field.

When I sit down to weigh my dislike for Alabama, LSU and MSU, I feel dirty. Greasy, stinky dirty. Even the thought of them makes me feel dirty. In their own inimitable ways, they all may be considered trashy, trashier and and trashiest at the same time. Their arrogance is like Mississippi delta mud, once you step in it, you can't wash it off and it grows thicker with each step. Each have a panoply of offensive qualities that one would think could not exist elsewhere in the universe. Yet, they do exist and grow in relatively close proximity to one another. Each have their own incestuous nature about themselves and have mercy if they should inter-marry. Quite frankly, I do not know how other schools can are able to resist the pull of the filth these 3 schools exert.

In the end, I think it would be inherently unfair to have to pick one of the three. You pick one and you feel like you have let fair-minded people down the world over. You then pick another and the same feeling arises again. It's like trying to pick which gold-digging, spirit-sapping, soul-killing ex-wife/GF you dislike least. So, I cannot select just one.
No really, tell us how you really feel. . . . :P
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Wake Forest! :lol:
Some Random Dude
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

1 - LSU
2 - Arky - bigger for them than us
3 - Fla

I dfont understand why everyone is saying Bama. UL Monroe beat em last year. I want them to be at their best when we beat em.
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

I want to beat what ever combination of teams gets us to some kind of bowl.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

USCrebel wrote:I want to beat what ever combination of teams gets us to some kind of bowl.
True 'nuff.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
arosewhite
Water Boy
Water Boy

I think I would have to say Arkansas, only because in the past several years they have had our number when we go to them and seem to beat us down. I never have been able to figure out just why. I would have to put Alabama in close 2nd, been in T-town twice, and even had a Bama football player after the game say to me "We just beat the hell out of you". At least his girlfriend turned to him and jumped on him for being rude.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

When I am in Oxford, it always feels like I hate Bama the most, but after spending the entire summer suffering through tiger baits and corn-dog scents.

It's the Tigers I want to see gone. Every down. Every game.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I had some of my Bamahead friends drag me to the game referenced earlier that Franchione had circled on his calendar. I have to say that while we all know that LSU fans are the dirtiest, Alabama fans are the most arrogant.

Two things i learned not to say in t-town: When someone asks you "what do you think of the Houndstooth?", never reply "its called that because all of the women in here have just one tooth."

When your on the trolly filled with Bamaheads downtown and one of them arrogantly asks you "So what do you think of Tuscaloosa?", never reply "It reminds me of Starkville."
Rule #1.......Don't panik