Marr eligible at Ole Miss

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp ... div=Sports

Junior college transfer DeMareo Marr is academically eligible to play football at Ole Miss, the university announced Friday.

Marr, a 6-foot-2 cornerback, could work his way into playing time at a position in which the Rebels lack depth.

Marr, who played at DeSoto Central High School, had nine tackles and a pass deflection in eight games at Northwest Community College last season.

He was ranked among the top junior college prospects in the state.

Marr will report along with freshmen and newcomers today. The Rebels' returning players report Sunday, and practice begins Monday.

The season opener is Aug. 30 at home against Memphis at 6 p.m.

- Parrish Alford

excuse the expression, but WOOOOOHOOOOO!

:x
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

bleuwolfe wrote:http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp ... div=Sports

Junior college transfer DeMareo Marr is academically eligible to play football at Ole Miss, the university announced Friday.

Marr, a 6-foot-2 cornerback, could work his way into playing time at a position in which the Rebels lack depth.

Marr, who played at DeSoto Central High School, had nine tackles and a pass deflection in eight games at Northwest Community College last season.

Marr will report along with freshmen and newcomers today. The Rebels' returning players report Sunday, and practice begins Monday.

The season opener is Aug. 30 at home against Memphis at 6 p.m.

- Parrish Alford

excuse the expression, but WOOOOOHOOOOO!

:x
So what does this guy bring to the table? Any insight?
Rule #1.......Don't panik
RebinGA
Water Boy
Water Boy

bleuwolfe wrote: Marr, who played at DeSoto Central High School, had nine tackles and a pass deflection in eight games at Northwest Community College last season.

I hope that the stats was another DJ typo/misprint. 9 tackles in 8 games is hardly anything to woohoo about, unless he has primetime speed and opposing offenses chose to throw to the other side of the field out of sheer fear.
BART: I'll tell you a story so scary, you will wet your pants.
Grandpa: Too Late.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RebinGA wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote: Marr, who played at DeSoto Central High School, had nine tackles and a pass deflection in eight games at Northwest Community College last season.

I hope that the stats was another DJ typo/misprint. 9 tackles in 8 games is hardly anything to woohoo about, unless he has primetime speed and opposing offenses chose to throw to the other side of the field out of sheer fear.
woohooed b/c 1) he was cleared 2)hes a 6'2 CB which at the very least adds some depth to our very thin secondary 3) like his tude ..

http://mississippi.scout.com/2/774392.html

Do you have anything you want to say to Ole Miss fans?
"Tell them that I know they have said they wanted a big corner. Well, they are getting one. I can't wait to get there and make plays."

8)
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

He looks to be about a buck sixty soaking wet.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:He looks to be about a buck sixty soaking wet.

:lol:
yea, think hes listed at 190...anyway 1 of the best ever - D Green - was like 170ish, so one never knows......