Wake Forest Help...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

does anyone here know anyone that went to Wake or do you know anything about Winston-Salem?

I am planning on going to the game(since it's only a 3hr drive). I've got a place to stay(friends of the wife, but they didn't go to school there). I am wondering about places to eat, and most importantly, what are the alcohol laws and rules? Is it easy to carry a little something into the game? Do I need Solo Cups?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Some Random Dude
done

lewindha wrote:does anyone here know anyone that went to Wake or do you know anything about Winston-Salem?

I am planning on going to the game(since it's only a 3hr drive). I've got a place to stay(friends of the wife, but they didn't go to school there). I am wondering about places to eat, and most importantly, what are the alcohol laws and rules? Is it easy to carry a little something into the game? Do I need Solo Cups?

Not sure about alochol, but pretty sure you can smoke anywhere 8)

Been there once in early 80's....nice town...neat campus...beyond that don't remember much except that that there were cigarette kiosks everywhere.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Was there last summer and didn't take notes, as I plan to enjoy this one on TV. I was on my annual NASCAR run to Bristol. If interested the Winston NASCAR Hall of fame is there and as you roll in from the north allow time for Mayberry in Mount Airy. Home of RJ Reynolds and Jr Johnson is selling moonshine so I would think they might look the other way on the smoking and drinking laws...Sorry not much help....Enjoy and Hotty Toddy
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

lewindha wrote:does anyone here know anyone that went to Wake or do you know anything about Winston-Salem?

You always need solo cups or something similar, always. As far as getting something into the stadium, if you are motivated and use a little ingenuity, it won't be a problem, either getting it into the game or keeping it once you get in.

I laughed so hard last year at this little frat dude who had his daddy's tickets behind me. He was standing there bragging about how he got his stuff in, how stupid security was and how his buddy got caught, all the while pouring a drink. Just as he's about to take the first swig, security tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if it did him any good to be so sly in sneaking it in only to be too stupid to keep it.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

parrotreb wrote:

You always need solo cups or something similar, always. As far as getting something into the stadium, if you are motivated and use a little ingenuity, it won't be a problem, either getting it into the game or keeping it once you get in.

I laughed so hard last year at this little frat dude who had his daddy's tickets behind me. He was standing there bragging about how he got his stuff in, how stupid security was and how his buddy got caught, all the while pouring a drink. Just as he's about to take the first swig, security tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if it did him any good to be so sly in sneaking it in only to be too stupid to keep it.
That's funny. Brings back memories.
Some Random Dude
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

lewindha wrote:
parrotreb wrote:

last year i brought a flask in with me, and as i was walking to the restroom, a security guard came up from behind me and tapped my pocket and asked what i had in it. fortunately i had my wallet, camera, keys, etc. in the pocket he tapped and showed him. i had my flask in my other pocket which he never asked about. i chuckled a little as i walked away. ah good times.
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mmoore313 wrote:
lewindha wrote:
parrotreb wrote: You always need solo cups or something similar, always. As far as getting something into the stadium, if you are motivated and use a little ingenuity, it won't be a problem, either getting it into the game or keeping it once you get in.

last year i brought a flask in with me, and as i was walking to the restroom, a security guard came up from behind me and tapped my pocket and asked what i had in it. fortunately i had my wallet, camera, keys, etc. in the pocket he tapped and showed him. i had my flask in my other pocket which he never asked about. i chuckled a little as i walked away. ah good times.
About 7 years ago. A group of us were going into the student section. During our mandatory pat down at the gate, a security guard found my friends pint of Jack Daniels. Instead of pouring it out, he gave my friend two choices,'Knock it all out, or pour it out'. My friend knocked it out, and we carried him out of the stadium. That guy is now an attorney in DC.
Some Random Dude
cajunrebel

When I was in school, one of our fraternity brothers was stationed at one of the gates doing patdowns and tickets. Come game time, with all of those gates open and our whole frat plus dates would be single file at just one gate. Needless to say, we got everything but a keg into the home games. Now at UGA, there was a whole different story. . . . 8O
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here