Marcus Tillman switching positions

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

Just a question I have for everyone. I was reading in Rivals today about Marcus Tillman switching positions to possibly help the team win. This is the first i have heard of this and I was wondering if anyone else has heard this or has any other information as to what position he may play.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

maroby001 wrote:Just a question I have for everyone. I was reading in Rivals today about Marcus Tillman switching positions to possibly help the team win. This is the first i have heard of this and I was wondering if anyone else has heard this or has any other information as to what position he may play.
Marcus played inside for much of the season last year... this won't be his first rodeo and it will allow Kentrell Locket and Greg Hardy and Emmanuel Stephens and probably Chris Bowers DE/LB to play DE and rotate to play fresh every other series... we all know that Nutt is going to run an 8 man DL and rotate every series so it would only make sense to have 4 DE's and Tillman isn't a player that needs to EVER sit on the bench. It is all about puttng your best and freshest 11 on the field. this way, if Powe, or Jerry or Laurent go down to injury, Tillman will be the man who will step in and take over without dropping any talent on the field. Tillman is probably the best anyway. Besides he is a little bigger (at least 280) and possibly a step slower than any of the other DE's that makes him a TWEENER, Actually he is a really quick DT, or a step slower than the needed DE Speed. IN any event, he just doesn't need to sit the bench... not with his talent.
Later,
Hagar
OleMissFan9
Water Boy
Water Boy

This is a temporary move because Laurent is sidelined with his knee surgery.

I expect the 2 DL strings to look like this:
Hardy/Powe/Jerry/Tillman
Lockett/Laurent/Scott/Stephens
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

OleMissFan9 wrote:This is a temporary move because Laurent is sidelined with his knee surgery.

I expect the 2 DL strings to look like this:
Hardy/Powe/Jerry/Tillman
Lockett/Laurent/Scott/Stephens
I agree that this is probably a game day lineup. but it won't hurt to get Tillman some DT practice should one of the other guys go down to injury... remember Peria hasn't made it thru a season without an injury so far.
Later,
Hagar
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Once laurent and powe are ready to go, he will go back to DE
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

You usually run a 4 DE rotation and 5 DT rotation so there is a extra fat boy that plays either left or right side. So I expect there looking at Tillman & Jerry as the 2 starters and rotate one of the others as the 5th
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Pretty sure this is not Tillman's first go around at DT, his freshman year did he not play there too because of depth?

I am fine with it, we have plenty of depth at DE and will give my boy Kentrell some more reps.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

MtownRebel wrote:Pretty sure this is not Tillman's first go around at DT, his freshman year did he not play there too because of depth?

I am fine with it, we have plenty of depth at DE and will give my boy Kentrell some more reps.
I am expecting great things out of Kentrell too...I was so tickled when he signed with us... he was my sleeper that I expected of that class.
Later,
Hagar