Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

U gotta love EDavis's mama..

"I pay full attention when a mama calls," Nutt said. "I thought somebody was playing a joke on me. But she said, 'We're interested in your school.' And I said, 'Yes, ma'am' -- I didn't know if this was for real!"

Gray accompanied her son during an on-campus visit in January and liked what she saw, according to Nutt.

"My son's going to play for you," she told him.

"Does Enrique know this?" he asked.

"He will by tomorrow night," she said.
NorCalHog
Water Boy
Water Boy

Nutt still seems mystified that Davis even landed at Ole Miss. Nutt recalled getting a couple of voice mails last spring from some kid named "Enrique."

Nutt had never heard of him. He asked his staff.

Does it strike anyone as odd that Davis was a five star athlete deep in the heart of SEC recruiting country and Coach Nutt wasn't even aware he existed?

Davis fits Coach Nutt's system perfectly. He'll be tough to stop.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

NorCalHog wrote:Nutt still seems mystified that Davis even landed at Ole Miss. Nutt recalled getting a couple of voice mails last spring from some kid named "Enrique."

Does it strike anyone as odd that Davis was a five star athlete deep in the heart of SEC recruiting country and Coach Nutt wasn't even aware he existed?

Youre right. Im so ready to fire Nutt right now. lets get this idiot outta here.
NorCalHog
Water Boy
Water Boy

BigTrev34 wrote:
NorCalHog wrote:Nutt still seems mystified that Davis even landed at Ole Miss. Nutt recalled getting a couple of voice mails last spring from some kid named "Enrique."

Youre right. Im so ready to fire Nutt right now. lets get this idiot outta here.
I didn't suggest that, sir. I just think that it's odd that a coach who runs a run based offense wasn't aware of a premier SEC runningback recruit.

I'm guessing others will at least agree with that.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

He knew of him. He didn't think he had a shot at him. Your hatred for Nutt is making you read stuff that isn't there. I heard him on a radio interview recently say this.
Some Random Dude
NorCalHog
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:

He knew of him. He didn't think he had a shot at him. Your hatred for Nutt is making you read stuff that isn't there. I heard him on a radio interview recently say this.
My feelings for Nutt have nothing to do with it. The words that he didn't know of young Mr. Davis came from his mouth, not mine.

Anyway, I didn't mention it to start an argument. I just thought it was a curious situation.