Anyone else catch this?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

oxfordrebel
All American
All American

Caught the 2003 Ole Miss-Auburn game on CSTV (or whatever it's called) on Saturday. I was working at Kroger in 2003 and missed seeing the game so it was great to actually get to see it rather than just hear about it.

How Ben Obamanu dropped that pass in the endzone is just beyond me. He had been on fire the entire game then when it was all on the line for Auburn he just let it go. But I won't complain, a win is a win and led to a showdown against LSU the next week.

One thing that struck me as I watched that one is that really our defense was not all that good that year. It was about average. And our O-line kept letting the AU D-line get pressure on Eli. But how many times did Eli step up and get the job done in that game? Just a great performance out of him, and the WR/RB groups. And I can't completely dog on the defense. They did have a couple of key stops at just the right time to keep us in it. There were several points in that game when Auburn could have put us away, but the Rebels just kept fighting back every time the momentum swung.

Sorry, just had to mention it. A classic game and figured it might be fun to relive it for a minute.
GO REBELS!!!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

oxfordrebel wrote:Caught the 2003 Ole Miss-Auburn game on CSTV (or whatever it's called) on Saturday. I was working at Kroger in 2003 and missed seeing the game so it was great to actually get to see it rather than just hear about it.

How Ben Obamanu dropped that pass in the endzone is just beyond me. He had been on fire the entire game then when it was all on the line for Auburn he just let it go. But I won't complain, a win is a win and led to a showdown against LSU the next week.

One thing that struck me as I watched that one is that really our defense was not all that good that year. It was about average. And our O-line kept letting the AU D-line get pressure on Eli. But how many times did Eli step up and get the job done in that game? Just a great performance out of him, and the WR/RB groups. And I can't completely dog on the defense. They did have a couple of key stops at just the right time to keep us in it. There were several points in that game when Auburn could have put us away, but the Rebels just kept fighting back every time the momentum swung.

Sorry, just had to mention it. A classic game and figured it might be fun to relive it for a minute.
Didn't catch it on Sa, but got to see it in 03. It was a great game, and Eli was simply at his best. The 3rd down conversion rate was just spectacular! Thanks for bringing back such a special memory.

BTW, isn't great to have a classic game where OM wins? Usually its the 7OT or 03 Lsu one they show.
done

I saw the LSU game this weekend from the same year, and the defense looked very very good.

Auburn game, yea the pass was dropped but we had some bad breaks go against us that game as well. They even out.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:I saw the LSU game this weekend from the same year, and the defense looked very very good.

Auburn game, yea the pass was dropped but we had some bad breaks go against us that game as well. They even out.
I'm with you Rebchuck. Auburn didn't lose, OM won!
mmoore313
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

i was at the auburn game in 03 in the upper left corner of the stadium. when the crowd got into it, you could feel the stadium shaking. i will never forget leaving the game the amount of fans that came up to us and told us to be the *beep* out of lsu. ah the memories...
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton... Old times they are not forgotten.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I saw the LSU game this weekend from the same year, and the defense looked very very good.

I'm with you Rebchuck. Auburn didn't lose, OM won!
Yep, that was a "who wanted it more" game if I ever saw one.
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

oxford rebel if you worked at kroger in 03 then we know each other. i have been there for 13 years
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I was in the opposite corner of the stadium when Obamanu dropped that pass. I had thought that he caught it, I mean, it was right there. I was shaking my head and my dad looked at me and said, "He dropped it." I went crazy, just like the other 8-9,000 Ole Miss fans. And yes, it was very loud.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

mmoore313 wrote:i was at the auburn game in 03 in the upper left corner of the stadium. when the crowd got into it, you could feel the stadium shaking. i will never forget leaving the game the amount of fans that came up to us and told us to be the *beep* out of lsu. ah the memories...
I was there too, with a bunch of my Auburn friends. It was a great day. I was amazed that the Aubies didn't resort to the 'we LOST, y'all didn't WIN' talk. I couldn't have argued with them, but I'm glad they didn't go that way. I remember after the game in the parking lot listening to the call-in shows and all of the calls for Tuberville to be fired. It was astounding. One loss to a VERY good team and they were ready to run the best coach they've had since Pat Dye out of town...
oxfordrebel
All American
All American

cacreb2000 wrote:oxford rebel if you worked at kroger in 03 then we know each other. i have been there for 13 years
That was my SECOND stint at Oxford Kroger. That one only lasted about 6 months or so. My first tour of duty was when I was in HS from August '97 until about August '99. I loved it the first time but didn't get to stay very long the second until my career picked up. Worked mostly front-end both times. Did night dairy in '99. Which department you in?
GO REBELS!!!
cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

would have been on night stock crew at that time. my name is chris if that helps. lol
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!