Ole Miss
33%
Miss State
2%

Total votes: 49
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Ok I have sipped some koolaid this year. I would love 8-4 7-5 is reasonable and 6-6 is acceptable from a winless SEC team. However, what the heck is up with this poll.

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=4

This has to be some like get out the rebel vote program or something right? I mean come on surely there is no way that we get roughtly 1100 more votes than LSUX or Auburn unless there is a like troll up some kool-aid sipping rebel fan rock the vote situation right? Maybe all the other schools fans got together and decided to be sarcastic? Even if this is all rebel fans voting it scares me how many people even have that in their head cause those are expectaions they have set way to high. Just gonna take my own temperature of this forum.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Think its between Lsu / Aubbie, with Lsu squeaking to SECC. WISH I could vote for the Rebs, but even in my dreams, I can't see that one (yet).
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe wrote:Think its between Lsu / Aubbie, with Lsu squeaking to SECC. WISH I could vote for the Rebs, but even in my dreams, I can't see that one (yet).
Ok Bleu then tell me did You look ath SEC offical poll? If so can you tell me what is going on there? I mean seriously I voted in it and it was not hard to push the wrong vote which I have to belive is what is going on or something.
cajunrebel

I think Auburn has the advantage so far this year. They're gonna surprise everyone with their no huddle spread offense and have a better situation at QB than LSUX
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Ok we need to find out who the state homer is on the bored and run them. Cause I dont think anyone but a state homer would vote for them. Same goes for the rebels too thogh of corse rebel homerism is always welcome lol
Tcounty
Scout Team
Scout Team

cajunrebel wrote:I think Auburn has the advantage so far this year. They're gonna surprise everyone with their no huddle spread offense and have a better situation at QB than LSUX

I disagree with the AUB assessment. Seems everyone is picking them to do big things ,but I just don't see it. You can't just implement a "spread" and expect everyone to pick it up right off. The people they recruited that are of starting quality ,weren't recruited as spread players. IMHO.

As far as the West, I think the West is weak this year. I honestly think the winner of the West will have at least 2 losses if not 3 in conference. I hope the West is as week next year as it is this year 8) .

The West talk is all for naught. UGA has it sowed up right now.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

AU did quite well last year with an anemic offense. They will, yet again, have a very good defense; so the spread can only help. I agree with the rest of the comments about the West - the winner will likely have 2 losses. However, UGA is no shoe-in for the East. (1) They squeaked through much of last season (the strong finish covers-up the weaknesses). (2) They must replace their leading receiver, but AJ Green might be able to cover that problem. (3) They lost 2 OLs to graduation, and just lost Sturdivant to injury (he was the best of the whole group last year). So they have only 2 returning starters on the line. Granted, they only had 2 returning starters last year.

Florida is also dealing with serious injury problems on their already questionable defense, so watch out for UT. They return nearly everyone from last year's excellent offense. They only have to replace Ainge with Crompton who is no slouch (Parade All-American with Jevan). They will have to get better production from the supposed weak front 7 on defense, but the secondary could be the best in the country; at least top 10.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

RebelFIL wrote:AU did quite well last year with an anemic offense. They will, yet again, have a very good defense; so the spread can only help. I agree with the rest of the comments about the West - the winner will likely have 2 losses. However, UGA is no shoe-in for the East. (1) They squeaked through much of last season (the strong finish covers-up the weaknesses). (2) They must replace their leading receiver, but AJ Green might be able to cover that problem. (3) They lost 2 OLs to graduation, and just lost Sturdivant to injury (he was the best of the whole group last year). So they have only 2 returning starters on the line. Granted, they only had 2 returning starters last year.

Florida is also dealing with serious injury problems on their already questionable defense, so watch out for UT. They return nearly everyone from last year's excellent offense. They only have to replace Ainge with Crompton who is no slouch (Parade All-American with Jevan). They will have to get better production from the supposed weak front 7 on defense, but the secondary could be the best in the country; at least top 10.
If I am not mistaken Aub has 5 Db's and their starting safety out for the season due to preseason practices...this isn't conducive to much success on the field in the SEC.
Later,
Hagar
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Hagar wrote:
RebelFIL wrote:AU did quite well last year with an anemic offense. They will, yet again, have a very good defense; so the spread can only help. I agree with the rest of the comments about the West - the winner will likely have 2 losses. However, UGA is no shoe-in for the East. (1) They squeaked through much of last season (the strong finish covers-up the weaknesses). (2) They must replace their leading receiver, but AJ Green might be able to cover that problem. (3) They lost 2 OLs to graduation, and just lost Sturdivant to injury (he was the best of the whole group last year). So they have only 2 returning starters on the line. Granted, they only had 2 returning starters last year.

If I am not mistaken Aub has 5 Db's and their starting safety out for the season due to preseason practices...this isn't conducive to much success on the field in the SEC.
LSU and Auburn both have a huge ? over their QB position also...
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

ok still no one has told me why the heck is it that we have far and away the most votes on the SEC websitepoll anyone? I just don't get it.
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I wasn't aware of AU's DB injuries. Apparently, Savage is gone for the season, leaving just 5 returning DBs, so the depth is all freshmen. That could be a problem, especially if there are more injuries than just Savage.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeldevotee wrote:ok still no one has told me why the heck is it that we have far and away the most votes on the SEC websitepoll anyone? I just don't get it.
Maybe they think they are supporting their team and showing the rest of the world that they (fans) love the Rebs. Maybe they really believe it. Maybe its that thing called preseason hope. Otherwise d/k, but since it is only an internet poll why does it bother you so much? Let 'em have a little fun. 8) Reality will strike soon enough. :(
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

rebeldevotee wrote:ok still no one has told me why the heck is it that we have far and away the most votes on the SEC websitepoll anyone? I just don't get it.
It is something that could happen on paper but to say we are the favorite going in is a huge stretch. But on paper our offense could rank up there and if our defense can just keep us in the game we could definitely surprise some folks, including ourselves.

BTW, I cannot believe someone voted for MSU.
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe wrote:
Maybe they think they are supporting their team and showing the rest of the world that they (fans) love the Rebs. Maybe they really believe it. Maybe its that thing called preseason hope. Otherwise d/k, but since it is only an internet poll why does it bother you so much? Let 'em have a little fun. 8) Reality will strike soon enough. :(
Well if it was all rebel fans I get. Still worried me that expectations are way too high and a lot of disgruntled rebel fans at the end of the season but I get it. However that is 2200 roughly votes almost double what any other school has and I cant believe everyone of em are Ole Miss fans so yes it bothers me we seem to be the joke for the last few years so why all the love something not right there. Sorry my cynical nature never can really enjoy something for face value.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeldevotee wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:
Well if it was all rebel fans I get. Still worried me that expectations are way too high and a lot of disgruntled rebel fans at the end of the season but I get it. However that is 2200 roughly votes almost double what any other school has and I cant believe everyone of em are Ole Miss fans so yes it bothers me we seem to be the joke for the last few years so why all the love something not right there. Sorry my cynical nature never can really enjoy something for face value.
Well as the NYG so aptly put it, only the 53 guys in the locker room and their fans thought they could do it - so u never know. As for being a joke, just remember, that sometimes the creme pie hits the wrong face, and that is funny. 8)