RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

good times
Hoof Harded
Water Boy
Water Boy

USCrebel wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:And how and where do you factor in the previous season coach???? Would you even consider the "O" a factor here????
Are you kidding. A guy with as lifetime record of 10-25 vs. a guy with a lifetime record of 110-71. HDN also has a reputation for winning close games as often as losing them. Meaning that of the four relatively close games we had last year (AL, AU, LSU, FLA) we probably would have won at least two of them. Moving from 3-9 to 5-7.

To me that means each year of the Orgeron era, when we have 4 or 5 close losses, we would have taken home at least two or three of them. In 2006, that likely would have amounted to a 7-5 record and a bowl game, which would have increased our recruiting profile and may have resulted in a better 2007 record.
HDN is .500 in thr SEC in his lifetime. Flip a friggin coin. You'll get the same results.
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hoof Harded wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
1OLEMISSREBEL wrote:And how and where do you factor in the previous season coach???? Would you even consider the "O" a factor here????
Are you kidding. A guy with as lifetime record of 10-25 vs. a guy with a lifetime record of 110-71. HDN also has a reputation for winning close games as often as losing them. Meaning that of the four relatively close games we had last year (AL, AU, LSU, FLA) we probably would have won at least two of them. Moving from 3-9 to 5-7.

To me that means each year of the Orgeron era, when we have 4 or 5 close losses, we would have taken home at least two or three of them. In 2006, that likely would have amounted to a 7-5 record and a bowl game, which would have increased our recruiting profile and may have resulted in a better 2007 record.
HDN is .500 in thr SEC in his lifetime. Flip a friggin coin. You'll get the same results.
Which is STILL a step up from where we were with the last season under Cutcliffe and all three seasons with Orgeron. Nutt is exactly what we need to get back on track. He may not be the instant cure to our storied history of mediocrity, but he's certainly a step in the right direction.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Math geeks run amok. The apocalypse must be close.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.