Brandon Bowling Bolden

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

tanichols
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I had to look this guy up on you tube, when i heard he was in front of Davis on the depth chart. Sorry if already been posted.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
RebelFIL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Thanks for the video link. Brandon is obviously quite versatile. That has to make Houston very happy. As reported, he doesn't look to be as fast as Davis, Thomas, or Eason. However, he is plenty fast; at least as fast as BJGE for certain. Sometimes, the not-as-fast guys make up for it with field vision and knowledge of the game. Obviously, from the video, he still relies on his speed to evade players or get around the corner.

This is a stretch at this point, but of remarkable players I have seen, he reminds me most of DeAngelo Williams. Both have good vision and know where to go and are tough to bring down. Neither are really burners, but can turn it on to evade when necessary. DeAngelo is considerably faster in the 40, but I would venture to say that Brandon is as fast or faster in the 100. This is likely because Brandon is taller - a quality that also makes him a good downfield receiving threat.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

I can see why he has been the RB of choice for the "wild rebel" formation.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:I can see why he has been the RB of choice for the "wild rebel" formation.
Thought it was Dexter, but maybe they'll run different plays out of that formation? Did they use 2 guys at ark? Oh well we will soon see. 8)
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

bleuwolfe wrote:
badmotorfinger wrote:I can see why he has been the RB of choice for the "wild rebel" formation.
Thought it was Dexter, but maybe they'll run different plays out of that formation? Did they use 2 guys at ark? Oh well we will soon see. 8)
I just know his name is mentioned a lot with the wild reb formation.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

as i understand, bolden is being used as the other RB, with Mccluster handling the snaps. kinda role reversal of sorts, as at Arky, the bigger of the two RBs was the direct snap guy and the smaller was the misdirection, reciever guy in the formation.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

olemsdave76 wrote:as i understand, bolden is being used as the other RB, with Mccluster handling the snaps. kinda role reversal of sorts, as at Arky, the bigger of the two RBs was the direct snap guy and the smaller was the misdirection, reciever guy in the formation.
Ok, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up. Hope D2 doesn't get too dinged back there!
maroby001
Scout Team
Scout Team

I certianly appreciate the link, after watching it I don't see how he made it through some of those tackels but I especially loved the one where he hurdled over one of the defenders. He looks good in the video thats for sure and I think we're loaded at this position this year so I can't wait until the Memphis game to see all of them get some snaps.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while, and you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.”
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

olemsdave76 wrote:as i understand, bolden is being used as the other RB, with Mccluster handling the snaps. kinda role reversal of sorts, as at Arky, the bigger of the two RBs was the direct snap guy and the smaller was the misdirection, reciever guy in the formation.
I wonder if that is still the plan, Bolden's film shows him taking the snap in a single wing type of offense.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
done

USCrebel wrote:
I wonder if that is still the plan, Bolden's film shows him taking the snap in a single wing type of offense.
Maybe there are multiple plans...maybe we mix things up.... a mixture of Austin's-CFL and Nutt's wild hog....yea.... Canadian Bacon... 8O
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

Rebchuck18 wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
Maybe there are multiple plans...maybe we mix things up.... a mixture of Austin's-CFL and Nutt's wild hog....yea.... Canadian Bacon... 8O
Put the plug back in the jug there Chuck. It ain't 5 o'clock yet anywhere that counts.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Bolden may be the man in motion. Dexter is the qb bc he played it in HS. Bolden can be the RB or the motion man.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
olemsdave76 wrote:
Now that's funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
ekmjr1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The kid looks like a keeper to me. He didn't look exceptionally fast in that video, but he does look really strong and very athletic. He looked like a man among boys on the HS field.