Thursday practice notes, dj

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/

The injury list claimed another big name Thursday, this time offensive tackle Michael Oher, who took a helmet to the forearm. Oher was getting X-rays late Thursday. The injury is not believed to be serious. “Hopefully he’ll be able to wrap it up and go,” Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt said. … Tailback Cordera Eason is expected back for today’s practice, but he’ll probably be held out of Saturday’s scrimmage.

Peria Jerry was indeed at practice and in full dress. He went through the early drills that we saw, and I’m sure he’ll be held out of anything that might endanger his presently healthy status. Good move.

Starting tailback Cordera Eason was in shorts and the gray t-shirt as he recovers from dental work. In his absence freshman Brandon Bolden is getting most of the reps with the first group, followed by freshman Enrique Davis. Sophomore Derrick Davis and freshman Devin Thomas are getting reps too.

Sophomore wide receiver Markeith Summers was in a green No. 7 jersey. For a minute I thought I was seeing Brent Schaeffer. The green jersey signifies no contact.

Freshman defensive back Brandon Sanders was not dressed out.

Senior wide receiver Mike Wallace (hamstring) and sophomore nose tackle Ted Laurent (knee) were in shorts and t-shirts and jogging around the practice field.

Junior offensive lineman Reid Neely (Achilles) isn’t back yet, still in shorts and t-shirt