Yesterday's scrimmage

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We have some RB's, that should not be a problem. Eason, D. Davis, Q, Bolden and Devin can all tote the mail. OL looked good and the TE's did a good job catching the ball, have to protect it after the catch, though. WR's made some good catches, but again had 1 or 2 fumbles after the catch. Must protect the ball.

QB's, again, looks like we have 2 very solid ones. Snead and Stanley looked very sharp. Tapp was fine, just the other two looked better. Stanley was impressive. Playing with 2nd and 3rd teamers he was making good decisions and completing a lot of passes. Definitely needs a year in the weight room.

Defense looked good in spots. We had a several guys not dressed, so hopefully, when they get back out there we will look better. Tackling was better but the DB's still have to lock up. They still try to knock people down with good shots, it doesn't always work. Green gave Bolden a great shot, but Bolden took a step back, regained his balance and went on for 15-20 more yards. Powe seems to be coming along. He knocked the snot out of the center and Tapp on a false start.

Shene was awesome. Hope that continues. I don't think he missed a FG attempt. I know he was 3-3 from 45 yards, that could come in handy.

And whoever kicked off put 2 inside the 5 yd line and put another about 1 yard deep in the endzone. We need this after last years fiasco on KO's.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Redbluedude wrote: And whoever kicked off put 2 inside the 5 yd line and put another about 1 yard deep in the endzone. We need this after last years fiasco on KO's.
I know its silly, but this makes me insanely happy. :)

Thanks for the report!
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

bleuwolfe wrote:
Redbluedude wrote: And whoever kicked off put 2 inside the 5 yd line and put another about 1 yard deep in the endzone. We need this after last years fiasco on KO's.

Thanks for the report!
No, it's not silly. I think that our kicking costs us at least three games last year.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:

Thanks for the report!
Are we talking a loud obnoxious, "BA HA HA HA..." type of stuff or the incredulous giddy "we he he he..." or is that you just can't wipe the smile off your face? Right now I am approaching the giddy phase but I am on my way to being obnoxious. Heck if we start winning I don't think I will be able to contain myself... :o
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloke wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:

Thanks for the report!
Are we talking a loud obnoxious, "BA HA HA HA..." type of stuff or the incredulous giddy "we he he he..." or is that you just can't wipe the smile off your face? Right now I am approaching the giddy phase but I am on my way to being obnoxious. Heck if we start winning I don't think I will be able to contain myself... :o
Can't get obnoxious until we start beating SEC teams black & blue...when that happens, baby - watch out! GO REBELS!!!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

USCrebel wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:

Thanks for the report!
No, it's not silly. I think that our kicking costs us at least three games last year.
Kicking cost us 3 games, coaching cost us 3 or 4, QB cost us at least 3, refs cost us 1. Depth beat us in 2 or 3. Man...we should have won 15-16 games last year.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
USCrebel wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote: I know its silly, but this makes me insanely happy. :)

Thanks for the report!
Kicking cost us 3 games, coaching cost us 3 or 4, QB cost us at least 3, refs cost us 1. Depth beat us in 2 or 3. Man...we should have won 15-16 games last year.

:lol:
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

rebelliousb wrote:
USCrebel wrote:

Thanks for the report!
I like the comprehensive approach...
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:

Thanks for the report!
The one that went about a yard into the endzone got one of the biggest ovations of the scrimmage.
hill william
Water Boy
Water Boy

From my vantage point:

Powe looked way out of game shape, and he was running with the 2/3 defense. He was gassed on most plays, so I wouldn't expect him to be a factor against Memphis.

Mouzon was getting chewed from the first whistle, either on the sidelines or for missing his assignment.

Stanley looked solid, as did the running game. True freshman WR Andrew Harris had a couple nice catches, as well.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

USCrebel wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:

Thanks for the report!
I've been saying this for like... well... years. But I guess since I'm a shy, quiet, un-imposing little girl, no one heard me. :lol:

Kicking is important... let's refer back to an Alabama game just a few short seasons ago. Sometimes one little kick can be the difference between a W and an L. And it really ticks me off to miss a blasted point after kick!!
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

RebelConvert wrote:
USCrebel wrote:

Thanks for the report!
I've been saying this for like... well... years. But I guess since I'm a shy, quiet, un-imposing little girl, no one heard me. :lol:

Kicking is important... let's refer back to an Alabama game just a few short seasons ago. Sometimes one little kick can be the difference between a W and an L. And it really ticks me off to miss a blasted point after kick!!
Rumor has it that you kick your husband... :wow:
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Redbluedude wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:

Thanks for the report!
The one that went about a yard into the endzone got one of the biggest ovations of the scrimmage.
My favorite kick was the one that hit "Tony the tiger" at the memphis game.
Later,
Hagar
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

Hagar wrote:
Redbluedude wrote:

Thanks for the report!
My favorite kick was the one that hit "Tony the tiger" at the memphis game.
Yes... I still laugh about that one as well.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

felicianareb wrote:
RebelConvert wrote:
USCrebel wrote: No, it's not silly. I think that our kicking costs us at least three games last year.

Rumor has it that you kick your husband... :wow:
That's no rumor... :twisted:
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.