Drew Allen is a Sooner

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Greg Powers has confirmed that Drew Allen has committed to OK .
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

rebeljim wrote:Greg Powers has confirmed that Drew Allen has committed to OK .
Called it days ago, long before the *beep* media guide.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

USCrebel wrote:
Called it days ago, long before the *beep* media guide.
I called as soon as I heard OU had offered. Oh, well. We'll find someone else.
Some Random Dude
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

I'm not really upset. We've got Moore, and Stanley ought to be redshirted. So our QB outlook is anything but dismal, IMO. Odds are if we got Allen, Moore would've left anyway.
done

Let's see... when JoeMcKnight chose USC over us, we didn't say that O had bungled recruiting, instead we proclaimed him as a bonafide recruiting God because McKnight was even considering us.

This kid got an offer from a top 5 team that is in the BCS hunt every year and took it over a school that has won 3 conference games in 3 years. Let's give Nutt a chance to prove that he has made us a much better footbal team on the field beforewe give him too much flack for maybe losing a kid (until the signature is affixed it is all really speculation) to the likes of Oklahoma.

Now if he loses the Winston kid to Arky, then criticism may be justified. But he isn't losing anybody in fact until signing day, so let's concentrate on this season because it may change a lot of recruits mind if they see that we are once again a legitimate SEC program.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:Let's see... when JoeMcKnight chose USC over us, we didn't say that O had bungled recruiting, instead we proclaimed him as a bonafide recruiting God because McKnight was even considering us.

This kid got an offer from a top 5 team that is in the BCS hunt every year and took it over a school that has won 3 conference games in 3 years. Let's give Nutt a chance to prove that he has made us a much better footbal team on the field beforewe give him too much flack for maybe losing a kid (until the signature is affixed it is all really speculation) to the likes of Oklahoma.

Now if he loses the Winston kid to Arky, then criticism may be justified. But he isn't losing anybody in fact until signing day, so let's concentrate on this season because it may change a lot of recruits mind if they see that we are once again a legitimate SEC program.
\

Yep. Nutt put together a pretty solid class and went after some needs in just 2 months or so for his first Ole Miss class. They are in school and we aren't sweating wondering who or who's not going to make it.

Hopefully, some wins and a fun/balanced offense that's able to put points on the board will help us land some top prospects. Right now we need Offensive Linemen more than skill guys. Let's see how we do during the season and see if it turns some guys towards us. The Nutt-Austin combo is still a mystery. Let's hope it catches some guys attention.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I knew there was a reason my dad just called me out of the blue. Drat. He'll rub it in.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.